Terminal project scientist, eco-friendly house: the recovery of water

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Harchi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Terminal project scientist, eco-friendly house: the recovery of water

by Harchi » 11/03/16, 09:50

Hello good night

I am currently in scientific terminal in engineering science. As part of the project, I work on the design of an eco-responsible house and in this project, I work on the recovery of water.

The teachers gave us a task sheet. I have to deal with rainwater recovery, simulate it, choose a recovery mode, calculate the amount of water recovered in a given time. But I don't really follow these goals.
For starters, I did different simulations to collect rainwater, I even calculated the tank we needed for our experimental house and I even made a diagram on the rainfall of our city. So I realized that at some point there was not enough rain to meet the water needs of our imaginary family. So I thought about a system to recover gray water, used water (shower water, dishwasher ...) for different uses. So I found, for example, a filter system that cleans these waters: ultra-fixation by membranes. So I told the professor about it. They agree with me.

Before I could do the few simulations of this system, I wanted to do an experiment with one or more filtrations. So this is why I am asking you is it feasible to make a small "very powerful" filtration model to possibly arrive at a filtration where substances larger than 0.0005mm are stopped. As with this technique: http://www.aquae.fr/le-recyclage-des-eau-grises.html
In addition, I saw homemade systems with several stages of filtration made from sand and charcoal. I also remember having done some filtration in Physics and Chemistry with charcoal.

So can you tell me if it's already a good idea (considering that the projects will be finished in less than three months), if it's feasible to make a small model or just one or more experiments.
If you have questions, recommendations or even criticisms, I would remain open to any discussion.

Thank you,
Harchi.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Scientific Terminal Project, Eco-responsible house: water recovery

by izentrop » 11/03/16, 12:10

Hello,
Already, provide dry toilets and the education of the occupants so as not to waste it.
How many inhabitants, classic toilets, baths and swimming pools in your model house?
0 x
Harchi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Scientific Terminal Project, Eco-responsible house: water recovery

by Harchi » 11/03/16, 16:25

In my house there are three people, two adults and a teenager. We took the benchmark of a wooden cabin of 9m². To make it more coherent, we therefore took the initiative to put three rooms in our house.
The three rooms are a bathroom (a bathtub and a toilet), a living room and a music room to deal with the subject of one of my comrades. We have not defined the type of toilet used. And there are no swimming pools in our garden which has no limit yet if we have to "build" on them.
0 x