Relationship between collective and collective sanitation

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
div.ecolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Relationship between collective and collective sanitation

by div.ecolo » 02/02/16, 22:26

Hello,

I am currently designing my eco-friendly and independent housing project both energetically, of course, in terms of water and water treatment, and why not one day in terms of waste (if possible) ...

If I come to see you today it is more specifically about water and especially sanitation, I did some research on the net and apart from some info on the means (micro lagooning station .. nothing other?), I can't find anything specific about coexistence with the collective networks of the village ...

To put it simply, if I collect rainwater made drinkable by various processes and I sanitize with my own installation the wastewater which will end up a priori in my land; Am I totally independent from the collective network? will I have the right to completely disconnect from it? must I pay anything to the commune or community of commune ...

thanks in advance ;)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 02/02/16, 22:47

I seem to have heard that if your home is served by a collective sanitation network, you are OBLIGED to connect to it.
I read the story of a subdivision that was built without a collective network, therefore individual sanitation ... a few years later, change of municipality, construction of a wastewater treatment plant => obligation for everyone to connect to it even if their individual installations were up to standard and recent

So technically you can: you pay and make your connection to the collective network even if in reality your wastewater will go into your individual system.
except that :
- you will be outlawed
- you will have paid for a connection that you will not use
- you will continue to pay sanitation taxes for a service that you will not use.

I don't know if it's worth the effort.
0 x
div.ecolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by div.ecolo » 02/02/16, 23:06

Thank you for your answer.

I hope that it is not completely true> <"(these subdivisions were perhaps equipped with septic tanks and not micro station etc?) Because I would like as much as possible of independence or at least of illusion of independence ^^

By cons I do not understand you when you say that I would be outlawed?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/02/16, 00:01

this is what is said: when there is a sewer network the connection is compulsory

but the connection to the water supply is not compulsory ... just do not pay it to get it cut: this is what happened to me some ten years ago due financial difficulty ... so I put tanks filled by roofs, and it works so well that even if now I have no financial problem water falling from the sky suits me very well

for the purification, there is no network around my home ... I have a pit all water and drain, classic installation of 30 years ago

but I have in project a system of purification by micro flocculation which makes it possible to make water usable with very dirty water and with an even smaller footprint than the micro stations which are not that micro, which I find even very bulky and very expensive

it is a little normal to prohibit the all-water pit and spreading drain when there is a sewer, because the all-water pit is not a very good solution

but we cannot prevent those who make a good purification system from purifying their water to use it for watering!

we cannot prohibit the use of rainwater either ... and since sanitation is paid for on water consumption, if we only consume rainwater there is nothing left pay for sanitation!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/02/16, 08:47

Well, it's clear ... If the wastewater network goes to your home, it's compulsory connection ....
For rainwater ... Its use is regulated. The texts on which I came across at the time when I installed my recovery tank were very clear on this subject:
Watering + cleaning of the grounds and that was (of memory) all ... Not even the right to feed a flush with ... In addition it was necessary a physical separation of the networks ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 03/02/16, 10:51

hello the best is to find out from the municipality and the community of municipalities.

in my house, construction of a sewage treatment plant two years ago, therefore after several meetings in the village, obligation to connect to the drainage network, therefore removal of the connection of the septic tank and its spreading, diversion and connection on a pipe that goes to the sewer, and everything goes in one pipe, towards the station.

obligation to do so within two years.

Fortunately, after a lot of research on my land, I found a rainwater evacuation pipe that already goes into the sewer, so cut on 5 meters and 80cms deep, laying a pvc pipe 100mm with slope of 2cm / meter, plus a manhole, fitting on the old pipe, and plug for the entry and exit of the pit.

everything done myself, so nothing to pay, just the stuff.

according to the mail received from the community, I should have had the pit emptied by a specialized company, I just filled with rain water and no more touch, no smell and clear water, just check once a year.

A+

tigrou
0 x
div.ecolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by div.ecolo » 03/02/16, 11:51

ok and well everything i read really doesn't delight me :( it's really inept, if I clean up my fleet on my own and by equally effective means if not more than the village station I don't see the point of being connected to the network ... The goal being especially to be able to use rainwater for any use since I would not send anything on the network and incidentally not to pay for sanitation or various subscriptions.

Besides, I do not understand a thing, I read here is there on government sites that we can, in addition to outdoor applications, use rainwater for flushing toilets and washing machines (conditionally) ... But on the other hand it is forbidden to send rainwater into the collective network.
So if I understand correctly we have the right but we have no right ...

I would end up going to the town hall, but everything you write leaves me with hope.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/02/16, 12:09

I even have a case in my family that goes further than that .... My brother and his new house.
Possessing a then declared and finding the price of the connection to the drinking water network exorbitant ... He did not connect and installed a pump feeding his house. As he does not have everything in the sewer he installed a "micro station" of purification which was controlled when it was put into service ...
Still refusing its connection to the drinking water network, it was controlled by the DDAS and its family allowances were suspended (because there was no guarantee that it provided drinking water to its children) ... It was necessary that he struggles like a madman for several months to recover his rights ... He has still not been connected to the network ... And given what his then provides him it is not ready to do ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 03/02/16, 13:55

hi and yes i know, the joys of sanitation regulations.

but beware, according to the new regulations, if you do not want to connect to the network, you must once a year pass a specialized company to check, and therefore pay, when I had looked to disconnect from the network too both for drinking water and for sanitation, the price of businesses, was three times the price of my all-inclusive consumption, to understand something.

in France for rainwater, you have the right to send rainwater into the house for anything you want with filtration that works well except potable and only in the house and garden, not on the network, and with an obligation to put a backflow preventer to never mix water from the network and rainwater.

At home I leave like this, but pay less and less, and use more and more rainwater and solar heating.

I went down from 180m3 10 years ago to 35m3 at the moment and I still have to tinker with something to go even lower.

thinking that the price of sanitation and all taxes are calculated on the price in m3 of consumption, it's bizzare, I lower my consumption, but the price is always the same because of more and more taxes.

ps: it is a real problem of regulations according to the commune, the community of communes, and the law, therefore which can change from one place to another.

A+

tigrou
0 x
div.ecolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by div.ecolo » 03/02/16, 14:37

About the annual control I read that too, the high price is clearly designed to push the connection ... and if this rule exists it is good that we can refuse the connection in principle ... or not ^^

The worst part is that this vagueness and the rules that contradict it often lead often to the dumping of used rainwater in the collective network without mercy ...

Anyway it seems to me to be a tough fight not to be dependent on all these semi-private interests that brew as much shit as money ^^ ....
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "