Pump water from the Source

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
OumCali
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pump water from the Source

by OumCali » 04/08/15, 18:08

Hello,

I would like to raise the water from a source that is below the desired water point. Desired water point at 613 meters above sea level and 141 meters from the source (37 meters elevation)

I do not know the flow of the source. According to a dowser, it would be 1,5 to 2 m3 / h.
The ancients protected the source with a stone niche. When I open the door of the niche, I find myself in a sort of small cellar / swimming pool of about 1 meter by 2. The water is flush with it (in this period, the level has dropped by about 50 cm). I have not yet surveyed to know the depth of the pool.

I also do not know my desired flow: in the near future, I need water for crops (about 1 hectare of vegetable garden / fruit trees); in the less near future, I would like to feed a small house for 2 people ..... I prefer to adapt my lifestyle to nature rather than submitting nature to my needs therefore, if the source does not have a flow sufficient to supply the garden + the house, I prefer to make concessions on the house side rather than on the garden side.
I have very little money to carry out this project therefore it is not necessary that I plant myself.

Thank you in advance for your advice and good addresses
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 05/08/15, 00:14

Lack of details:
is there EDF nearby?
Is the source at home?
Does the spring not need cleaning?
After it may need storage.
1 m3 hour there is enough to do.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/08/15, 08:43

37 meters of difference in height ... It's starting to do ... If you really have limited financial means ... And no electricity on site ... You have to hope for yourself that the wind is blowing hard enough and continuously in your area ... Or the sun (but solar it can be bought it can not be tinkered with) ... all that will depend mainly on what you want to grow there on your hectare..If it is rice or corn...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Pump the spring water

by hic » 06/08/15, 19:58

OumCali wrote:Hello,

I would like to raise the water from a source that is below the desired water point. Desired water point at 613 meters above sea level and 141 meters from the source (37 meters elevation)

I do not know the flow of the source. According to a dowser, it would be 1,5 to 2 m3 / h.
The ancients protected the source with a stone niche. When I open the door of the niche, I find myself in a sort of small cellar / swimming pool of about 1 meter by 2. The water is flush with it (in this period, the level has dropped by about 50 cm). I have not yet surveyed to know the depth of the pool.

I also do not know my desired flow: in the near future, I need water for crops (about 1 hectare of vegetable garden / fruit trees); in the less near future, I would like to feed a small house for 2 people ..... I prefer to adapt my lifestyle to nature rather than submitting nature to my needs therefore, if the source does not have a flow sufficient to supply the garden + the house, I prefer to make concessions on the house side rather than on the garden side.
I have very little money to carry out this project therefore it is not necessary that I plant myself.

Thank you in advance for your advice and good addresses

Hi OumCali

37m vertical drop every day? 100, 200 or 300 liters?

To save your energy,
you water directly at the root.
Near the root, you dig a cone and in it you turn over a 1,5l bottle,

You will see the bottle emptying to the rhythm of the bubbles which rise in 30mn or 1h,
- without water overflowing on the surface.

For 100kg of large zucchini, that will make you 2L of trinballing water per day, every day.
(or 1/2 liter of water per month per kg of zucchini)

No! you don't dream

It was urgent! : Mrgreen:

To carry the water,
all the load must be at the level of the pelvis, with a strap around the pelvis, nothing on the straps.

we must not wear anything with the back !!
(which is also true for schoolchildren, but not actually applied)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/08/15, 09:20

I who had not dared to offer him I tinker with a pump from an old bicycle and a rotary vane pump ... For fear of passing for an infamous slave trader ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
OumCali
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by OumCali » 07/08/15, 12:39

Loll ... I thought of the children to carry the water and I even started to make the straps for them

@Macro
And yes, the elevation is important and the distance is long ... after reflection / discussion, I believe that I will opt for a 750w motor pump.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/08/15, 13:19

I see that you have a lot of drop in your corner, so is not a ram pump possible?

If you want to go up 40m with an "honorable" flow, you need a ram with at least 10m drop ... is this possible?

See:
irrigation basins-and-pools / ram-pump-on-a-source-to-my-pet-t13852.html
irrigation basins-and-pools / ram pump hydraulic-design-and-manufacturing-house-t5268.html
And: search.php

In homemade manufacturing, you will get by with less than € 100 (and much less by recovering parts) ... and zero cost of use !! (you will just have to check the fouling from time to time but if the source is fine, no worries ...)

By cons it will take longer to build and develop a motor pump ... but the comfort in the end will be incomparable!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/08/15, 17:55

If I understood correctly, in view of the few information provided in a dropper (sic!) By our friend, it is a surface water point, similar to a well => no ram possible .. .
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 07/08/15, 21:21

Old piston pumps of this type are still easily found:

I bought a € 50 that worked well. From memory the flow was 1000 l / h and the pressure of 4,5 bars which should be enough to raise the water to 30 m.

Then it's up to you to choose whether you spin the wheel with an electric motor, with the wind, by the force of your calf or arms, or possibly by making a big hamster wheel to make your children run in it; I'm sure it would amuse them ... at least at the start!

For example you can install a tank near your house and couple the pump to a wind turbine. At each gust, the tank fills up, and when the tank is full, the overflow returns the water to the source so as not to waste. This requires you to install the pump with the wind turbine near the source and 2 Plymouth type pipes, one to mount the water to the tank and the other to return the overflow water.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/08/15, 21:59

Ahmed wrote:If I understood correctly, in view of some information provided dropper (sic!)

I like this kind of word game ... there is a good one on wikipedia: the article on water does not give its sources
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion:Eau
0 x