Collection of spring water

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Elledé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Collection of spring water

by Elledé » 04/04/14, 18:17

Hello, I am planning a legal-installation of a yurt & for the water supply, I would like to take advantage of the water from a spring which flows on the surface "not too far".
This source gives a lot, on the surface, but I don't know how to channel it to feed a tank.
As my needs will be very modest, I do not wish to undertake major work, bring in a backhoe, etc.

Are there minds inspired by my project & ready to advise me?

Thanks already :-)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 04/04/14, 23:38

It is necessary to start by giving your needs, the flow of the source to the minimum, have you the right to use this water and the height compared to your ground.
0 x
Elledé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Elledé » 05/04/14, 05:13

In fact, neither my needs nor the position of the source is useful. My question is not about the sizing of the installation, nor about the pumping means, etc.
I would simply like to have advice on moving from the stage of water streams flowing at ground level to that of water coming out of a pipe.
I thought of making a hole in front of these streams of water, to make a mini reserve, where I would place either a cement manhole or a bushel at the bottom lined with pebbles, or a large bucket with pebbles, or .. ., the upper part of which would be pierced with holes for water to enter, & from which - in its lower part - a pipe fitted with a filter (strainer) would exit.
I have seen a system of this style on the net, but on a larger scale.

What do you think? How would you do it?

NB: between the source & a larger reserve near my yurt, the pipe would lead the water by gravity - if necessary ;-)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 05/04/14, 08:16

You could make a small drain with a food pipe pierced for a few meters covered with gravel buried in the ground and the water supply pipe connected directly to it.

http://www.monechelle.fr/tube-pe/tuyau- ... -bars-4735

There it is the simple solution we can do but more complicated better and more expensive it depends on the budget. Attention to the diameter of water supply to the yurt according to the distance and the height the water will not reach the end because of pressure losses.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perte_de_charge
Last edited by raymon the 05 / 04 / 14, 08: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x
Elledé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Elledé » 05/04/14, 08:19

Thank you. And the water would necessarily infiltrate the pipe instead of passing by? If this is the case, indeed, it is a solution that would suit me!
Thank you :-)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 05/04/14, 08:24

Sorry, I changed my message while you were writing yours.
0 x
Elledé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Elledé » 05/04/14, 08:26

OKAY. Can it not happen if the yurt is lower than the source?
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 05/04/14, 08:44

yes Give the distance and height between the source and the yurt.
0 x
Elledé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Elledé » 05/04/14, 08:50

Distance: 300m
Elevation: 45m
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/04/14, 17:41

depending on what this source looks like

what is the source bitrate and what bitrate do you need?

if the source has a flow much more garnd than what you need there is nothing to do, just take it

if the source flow is just enough for what you need, you have to build what you need to be sure to pump what comes out of the sorce and not what comes from the runoff around

what to build depending on its shape
0 x