Earthworks for 10L rainwater tanks

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
JulienPilette
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Earthworks for 10L rainwater tanks

by JulienPilette » 19/07/12, 12:10

Hello,

What advice can you give me to prepare for the arrival of a 10L concrete rainwater tank (more than 000 tonnes empty)?
Make a hole exactly the size of the tank?
Provide a margin of X m around?
Put gravel in the bottom and level?
Pour a concrete slab in the bottom? (what like dale? dimension?)

etc.

The objective is that the company is only to lower the tank of the truck from the hole permanently.

Goods.
0 x
Julien pilette
Construction of an ecological house in the heart of Lille
www.lacabanedemilieplume.fr
Facebook: The cabin of Milie Plume
Twitter: #MiliePlume
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/07/12, 13:15

If the water table rises higher than 1/3 of the height of the tank it will be necessary to make a sufficiently large concrete slab and to anchor the tank there to fight against the buoyancy (an empty concrete tank it floats, there is even concrete sailboats) otherwise it must be placed on a bed of sand (15cm) and plan to backfill with sand all around the tank over a minimum of twenty cm.

Now that I know, personally I would provide a settling tank settling tank before the tank to avoid the entry of waste in the tank.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
JulienPilette
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JulienPilette » 19/07/12, 13:43

thanks for your advices ! :o)

how can i know the level of the water table? will the soil study tell me? the town hall ?
the street next door is in a zone declared to be floodable, does that have any relation?

thanks.
0 x
Julien pilette

Construction of an ecological house in the heart of Lille

www.lacabanedemilieplume.fr

Facebook: The cabin of Milie Plume

Twitter: #MiliePlume
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/07/12, 13:45

I would first ask the manufacturer / builder who will deliver the tank (to do the necessary). And I would do it in writing, so that it engages its responsibility (see also who assumes responsibility for transport / eur).

In addition there is too little element in this thread on the local context (we also note that some information gleaned from a forum, strongly resembles the approach of someone who does not know his subject, and "sails by sight" in view of the questions asked). Macro is therefore right to be careful.

What does "z" meanon flood"In terms of insurance, intrinsic liability of the owner, standards"frost free»(Burial depth) relative to the region where the building is located, etc.

It is not something to be taken lightly. Concrete cracks easily over time depending on the constraints (express this fear in the letter), so take great care in implementation ......!

Last but not least, Is there a guarantee? Is the company that delivers this tank solid? Has it been around for a long time? It's good to know where you set foot ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 19/07/12, 14:15

The land next to my house is flooded ... But it is 4 meters below mine ...

The manufacturer must provide you with instructions for installing and anchoring your tank ... (in any case I had one with mine)
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "