Pumping on existing drilling

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
falord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pumping on existing drilling

by falord » 25/03/12, 22:12

Hello everybody

This is my 1st post on this forum and I hope you can help me because my "problem" has lasted too long.

I bought a pavilion a few years ago and in the garden there is a steel tube which goes down into a tablecloth.
As I am lucky to have a large garden, you guessed what I want to do ... pump the water but I do not know how.

The water is about 6m away. It is a tube which had to be inserted in the ram because after 9m I arrive at the end and I imagine that it is the point (my calculations were made by inserting a rigid fine pipe used to unclog the pipes) .

Can I connect a pump directly to this hose?
Do we not need a strainer and an anti return to the bottom?
If I fill the tube with water, the water does not leave immediately but the level still drops by several centimeters per minute.

FYI, I tried to fit a pipe inside but I am blocked after a few meters.

Thank you in advance for your lights.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/03/12, 00:03

if this borehole could give water you could never fill it: all the water you pour in it would leave as quickly without raising the level

if the water you put in it goes down slowly it is proof that there is nothing to pump

it looks like a failed borehole that never gave water and that was plugged
0 x
falord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by falord » 26/03/12, 12:23

Thank you for your response chatelot16 but I do have water at the bottom (at 6m). There was a hand pump before that I had replaced. After some efforts, I had water loaded with sand and it was not only that to prime the pump.
0 x
falord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by falord » 03/04/12, 19:30

Any other opinion on my drilling?

Thank you!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/04/12, 21:13

Any other opinion on my drilling?

to have a valid opinion, you have to pump, by hand, at least, and see what happens, and how much water comes !!!

Otherwise we philosophize in a vacuum, as on other posts, more animated, but more empty than this drilling.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

check valve

by oli 80 » 03/04/12, 21:24

: XNUMX: Hi, I think if there was a front arm pump, there must be a check valve at the bottom of the pipe, but if there is a strainer that is another story, after trying with a pump to see if the water stays in this pipe, so there is a valve, if the water starts again it is that there is no valve
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/04/12, 22:28

describe your thing a little better i can't guess anything

if there is already a non return valve at the bottom of your pipes it would explain that you can fill it without it empties instantly
0 x
falord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by falord » 04/04/12, 21:21

Thank you for your opinions.

Dedeleco, the arm pump is HS (leather I think) so I won't be able to take the test. 2-3 years ago, I went up the water loaded with sand but I went up anyway (from memory, I had to go up about 50 liters, before getting tired). I had trouble starting it. I had not insisted too much on telling myself that it was not super practical anyway if I had to re-prime it each time.

Because, Oli80, the water did not stay in the pipe from one time to another. As I wrote, the level drops by several cm per minute and I do not know if it is normal or not with a valve.

If I follow you Chatelot16, it's not abnormal. So I'm going to think about connecting an electric pump. By cons, you confirm that it is mandatory to have this valve (and that I do well to ask myself the question)? Can't the pump be waterproof enough to hold water like a finger on a straw?

Thanks again for your advice.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/04/12, 21:28

The sand in the water prevents the valve from closing perfectly, depositing, or even blocking it ultimately.
0 x
falord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by falord » 04/04/12, 21:31

the more I pump and the less I will have no (to make the pocket)?
0 x