What type of pump for osmoser of rainwater?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
claloda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What type of pump for osmoser of rainwater?

by claloda » 22/03/11, 12:52

Hello,

I would like to osmosis rainwater to supply my aquariums.

Today, I consume around 500 liters of pipe water per 100 liters of RO water produced per day. On average, my reverse osmosis units run 3 hours per day.

I wonder about what type of pump to use to supply these osmosis units for use in rainwater: surface pump or booster group, other? .. I have read a lot about it and the general opinion is that you should use a booster rather, which I have a little trouble understanding for the following reasons ..

If you start on a booster pump with 20 liters tank and factory set to 2 bar when triggered and 3,5 bar when stopped, roughly you need to consume 5/6 liters before the pump starts. however with my reverse osmosis units, I use 5 liters in 2-minute moims. This therefore means that my pump will be triggered every two minutes, which does not seem very suitable for the longevity of the pump and the electrical consumption. (far too many stops and restarts)

Otherwise, can a surface pump operate continuously for 3 hours without worrying? Does the fact that it is clamped at the output with the osmosis units not risk over-stressing the joints?

A booster pump for reverse osmosis, can it be enough knowing that between my recuperator and the reverse osmosis there is only very little distance?

Could an informed connoisseur confirm / deny my figures and orient me?

Goods.

Laurent
0 x
discus62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by discus62 » 22/03/11, 13:21

Hello,
You can use a booster pump, it works great. I have already done this for rainwater and to "recycle" the water in my aquariums.
0 x
claloda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by claloda » 22/03/11, 21:43

Hi,

Thank you for this answer .. the booster pump, it is indeed a track that I was considering in particular for the simplicity of implementation and consumption (no diaphragm inflation bp, no pressure switch setting, etc.) .. it was however advised against because it was considered a little too light. I intend to put 4 prefilters (5µ, carbon 5µ, 5µ, 1µ) between the pump and the membranes, the pressure drops will not be- not too important? where to place the prefilters? in suction or discharge of the pump?

I therefore abandon the Booster track which, a priori, is not suitable for continuous use over several hours with an osmosis unit.
0 x
discus62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by discus62 » 23/03/11, 09:49

Personally, I had put a 25µm prefilter before the pump to protect it, then after the pump a 5µm anti-sediment prefilter and a carbon prefilter (carbon is only there to protect the membrane of the reverse osmosis unit) and for finish the osmosis membrane.
A booster pump is really very powerful so I think that even with 4 prefilters there will be no problem.
0 x
claloda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by claloda » 23/03/11, 14:52

I saw that there are several kinds with different characteristics .. do you know the characteristics of yours (pressure, consumption, etc.) and from which dealer did you get it? have you been using this system for a long time .. i may be prying, there .. : Oops:
0 x
discus62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by discus62 » 23/03/11, 15:30

I use this system for 3 or 4 years with an average of 60 liters / day I think. A booster pump has a pressure of 5 or 6 bars normally, but I have never measured. The material I have from Poisson d'Or in Belgium.
0 x
claloda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by claloda » 23/03/11, 17:33

Thank you, you help me a lot to find the best solution .. I still have a few questions .. I am told that this kind of pump does not suck and that it is necessary to place the rain water collector mini at 40 cm above the pump so as to create a flow by gravity .. do you confirm? ... or are you lucky enough to have a booster pump that sucks?
0 x
discus62
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by discus62 » 24/03/11, 09:28

The pump I have on its own, 2 meters from the tank and at almost the same height. It does not work like a "classic" pump, the booster pump is made to have pressure but little flow.
0 x
claloda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by claloda » 24/03/11, 19:23

Self-priming booster pump ordered tonight ... thanks for the info.
0 x