Waters assures

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Waters assures

by manet42 » 19/01/11, 14:06

Hello,
I just received this mail for the 3rd time ...
But there, I find it limited with this post-it. For a careless person, this seems to be an obligation.
And on the back, the prices for any repairs are scary: 150 € to unclog a sink!
Note that the contract passes the following year from around 48 € to 99 €.
My water bill being around 200 € per year, hello the increase if I subscribed (+ 50%).

You have been warned!
: Evil:

PS Check your own housing contract. Some risks are covered.

0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/01/11, 15:06

Funny it reminds me of memories 4 years ago !!
I have more than 10 letters of this ilk from the various water suppliers, with my houses in winter (frost) and in summer, one to two per year !!

So, after lightning, I happened to receive such an offer in July in the Var with 3 months of free insurance to be confirmed before the end by paying!

however a month later, in my absence, my pipe broke underground (fairly old pipe, summer heat which weakens and especially the lightning underground which had followed the pipe by weakening it (and setting fire to my house), and also pressure shots at 20 bars sometimes, seen the water tower at 200m above, 4 years before, my plumber had placed a dead pressure reducer in the wrong place after this pipe underground !!). A lot of water lost because high flow, about 600 €, the time I come back).

As I was less than 3 months free, I call on them, and I learn thatthey do not cover water losses on the water meter !!
So I ask them to repair and find the leak !!
But the pipe is to be changed and during the digging work I learn that they do not change the pipe, but they join the two ends to the minimum, which is absurd on my pipe weakened by time and lightning.
Nevertheless I let seek the leak, they dig a few hours with backhoe, but do not succeed !!!!
Raz the bowl, of their useless work, I put them outside and with the pickaxe I found the leak, then dug my trench of 25m and changed the whole pipe for a new one (instead of playing sports)!

So perfectly useless contract, even in its free, absurd, useless phase who will not pay for the lost water, an old pipe and its trench, to change since the standards have become much more demanding and all these old pipes are to be changed preventively !!

At best they start the work, find the leak, reconnect, and explain to you that the whole pipe is to be changed and that you have to pay at least € 2000, or even more, to demolish tiles, otherwise you will have a new leak soon !!

It is only a means of having captive customers for the approved company by making you pay more !!

Conclusion: monitor your water meter, even in your absence !!
Last edited by dedeleco the 19 / 01 / 11, 15: 40, 1 edited once.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 19/01/11, 15:46

Contract all the more useless as following the work undertaken by the municipality, the water meter was placed at the edge of the property and no longer inside and that the pipe is brand new, carefully protected by a sheath (in my presence)! (normally, there is a ten-year guarantee by the subcontracting company.).
We had to insist at the town hall, at the start the displacement of the meter was done on the old pipe (37 years old but interior meter so there had been 2 free interventions), justification: do not damage the private plantations! but in the event of subsequent leaks? Repairs under our responsibility .... see the need for insurance, the circle was closed.

However, the presentation of this letter is biased.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/01/11, 16:01

How much did you pay? !!

In your place I would have kept the meter in the house, and changed the pipe before the meter, because in the event of a leak after meter you pay for water, which can be much higher in m3 of water for work if long absence? ???

It is very important to put a functional pressure reducer, because in the event of overpressure your piping stubs, even new.
Especially if there are high hills because if the big pressure reducer coming from a water tower at 200M (20 bars) high, has weaknesses, you have 20 Bars and the new pipe explodes, even in the house !!
And the ten-year guarantee will come out that it is the fault of the water supplier and it will send you out for a walk unless you make a much more expensive and long trial !!
So putting a personal pressure reducer in good condition right after the meter is wise !!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 19/01/11, 18:11

How much did you pay? !!

In your place I would have kept the meter in the house, and made change the pipe before meter,

Nothing at all ! since we hadn't asked for anything, compulsory modification decided by the municipality (hence the discussions).

It is this pipe that was changed.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/01/11, 18:58

They are right, the water from a pipe farted before meter which leaks for months at 3 € per m3, costs a fortune, thousands of € !!
Now, like me, you will pay for the escape !!!
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "