air pollution and green wall

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
Lamyenvironnement
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

air pollution and green wall

by Lamyenvironnement » 09/06/07, 19:18

Have you heard of the green wall of the Croix Rousse (Lyon)? It is a wall 2 meters high by 3 wide which aims to reduce urban pollution especially related to traffic.

The plants on the wall would have the capacity to fix pollutants. Studies are being carried out to test the solution. The first tests carried out by academics from Chambéry and a company from Lyon proved conclusive. In the future, maybe we will see walls of greenery at each red light ?!

What is your opinion on this system which could be democratized?
0 x
Lamy Environnement is a sustainable development consultancy that helps local authorities, industries and SMEs to make decisions by carrying out impact studies, ICPE, ISO certification, soil studies, etc. http://www.lamy-environnement.com
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/06/07, 22:20

: Arrow: Welcome.

Can you tell us more about this green wall, the plant varieties used ... :?:

Do you have pictures of the thing?
0 x
Lamyenvironnement
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lamyenvironnement » 09/06/07, 23:48

It is made up of begonias and ivies. A solar panel fitted to the wall is used to automate the irrigation system. Obviously it is recovered water.

Photos of the inauguration are available on the blog of a candidate for the Greens in the 2007 legislative elections.

http://storage.canalblog.com/30/39/213315/13947073.jpg

http://storage.canalblog.com/14/60/213315/13946935.jpg
0 x
Lamy Environnement is a sustainable development consultancy that helps local authorities, industries and SMEs to make decisions by carrying out impact studies, ICPE, ISO certification, soil studies, etc. http://www.lamy-environnement.com
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/06/07, 13:22

: Arrow: It is not a wall, it is a vertical rainforest. : Lol:
The candidate is really flowered too ... what is her irrigation system? : Lol:
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 10/06/07, 13:40

citro wrote:The candidate is really flowered too ... what is her irrigation system? : Lol:

Surely a drip system : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 10/06/07, 16:06

Hello

Our ancestor had planted trees along the paths
Plane tree, Maronier, apple tree, poplar ect ..
that had its charm is the goal at that time was to walk in the shade on everything for the poor horses
When the automobile arrived, these dusty roads became asphalt and some dazed people planted them in the trees.
so we cut down all the trees, it's the trees that are dangerous for the drivers and we installed air conditioning in the sautos with an internal filter. (he still reasons like this at the end of the runways of small planes, table raz on
almost 500 meters)
Personally if an oar does not manage to pass above the trees it is a wheelbarrow which should not fly, if a car does not manage to circulate on a road lined with trees there is a problem of design or conduct .
To say that our grandfathers were racing a100kmh on dirt track and gravel without suspention with wooden wheels
and 12 liter engines. Absolute safety comes at a price.
Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/06/07, 15:39

: Arrow: You are quite right André ...
A beautiful fig tree provides shade on the terrace where we eat, after meals we appreciate the hammock that we install below ...
The freshness it provides has nothing to do with that of a blind or parasol ...
But the blinds do not draw water from the ground and do not sweat to protect themselves from the heat ...
I regularly see that it is 5 ° C lower in the forest than in town ...

Our beautiful city of Bordeaux, redesigned from top to bottom by our new Minister of Ecology (Alain Juppé) has lost for 6 years all its trees in favor of beautiful squares paved with granite. : Evil:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 11/06/07, 15:57

citro wrote:A beautiful fig tree provides shade on the terrace where we eat, after meals we appreciate the hammock that we install below ...
Our beautiful city of Bordeaux, redesigned from top to bottom by our new Minister of Ecology (Alain Juppé) has lost for 6 years all its trees in favor of beautiful squares paved with granite. : Evil:
Be careful the fig branches are brittle ...
Is the granite of the future M. Ecologie of the same origin as that of the Orleans tramway?
MADE IN CHINA
(Small hands and transport cheaper than in France.)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/06/07, 16:39

gegyx wrote:Be careful the fig branches are brittle ...

Is that so? If you fear for us, the hammock, we move it with its structure ...:D

Is the granite of the future M. Ecologie of the same origin as that of the Orleans tramway?
MADE IN CHINA
(Small hands and transport cheaper than in France.)

Now that you say it, I seem to remind me that ... YES : Cry:
0 x
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 11/06/07, 17:12

I do not know if the green wall will eat the pollution, in any case it will produce oxygen. An additional solar panel to power the sprinkler at all, while by capillary action the water could do the same. Is it all green?

In Paris, a Parisian architect is promoting the same thing, but for the purpose of air conditioning ...

The shade of a tree is much better than all these technological gadgets anyway. Let's stop cutting and replant trees as the UN encourages us to.
http://www.netbois.com/info/info.php?artc=2774
0 x
Bagnoles burn in the suburbs, it is after all only of self-destruction: