Nanotechnology and pollution

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
operrin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Nanotechnology and pollution

by operrin » 07/03/06, 21:50

Good evening everyone!

I continue my research and report will be completed soon.

My tutor told me about a conference he attended, about Mr. Dupuis.

The United States are currently developing nanotechnology which, as for the destruction of cancer cells in the human body, would be capable of destroying cells in polluting the air.

This explains a little better the fact that they refused to sign the Kyoto protocol! imagine a state that is capable of destroying the pollution it produces! set apart the problem of the depletion of natural resources, this country becomes economically very powerful !!!

Have you ever heard of this development of nanotech? if so what do you think? and even if not what do you think ??

Thank you and see you soon!

Olivier
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/03/06, 22:33

Destroy the molecules of CH4 and CO2 present in minute proportions in the air? But at what cost and in what proportions?

You should have sources? For me now it's a nice joke ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 07/03/06, 23:22

For powerful is a powerful country! Because he does whatever he wants, in his exclusive interest.
She will nanotech track pollution, a "surgically" again? (An arrow-uranium bomb and next, loading 10 B52: in total, that of misfortune, and uranium is not to be admired)
Will Does it suitable and effective, to eradicate any nuclear pollution, in 3 countries sovereign they have already contaminated?
It's in my face, the announcement effect that obey other issues. Reduce the image of the polluter, praise his technology, need a budget.
Anyway, it will be as advanced medicine (rich, for the elite), used in limited cases. And then it's so much better right now, economically to swing everything anywhere! Especially when we do not want the Kyoto protocol ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/06, 12:00

Do prevents this remains pure science fiction to me ... then when you see the casualness of the USA in relation to the environment you believe it will spend millions (billions) to clean up the planet?
Not very credible all this ....
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 08/03/06, 14:24

Anyway it's probably done more for the local polution to toxins in the air as CO2 or other product in large quantities.
0 x
operrin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by operrin » 08/03/06, 19:36

it is said by Jean-Pierre Dupuy

Jean-Pierre Dupuy is a philosopher and disciple of René Girard, he taught at the École Polytechnique and Stanford University.

he held a conference not long ago where he said that. I do not think the problem of etauts united either clean up or not but rather to show that they are the ones who have the power on the planet. By proving he can track down polluting cells (even if it is only for the elite, has an exorbitant coupt ...). it is not a question of tracking nuclear pollution but the molecules of CO2 present in the air.

in any case with ca they show they want to once again dominate other deplorable attitude ... but nothing new from them ...

in short, I wanted to know if you had heard of that ...

Olivier
0 x
pinch
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pinch » 22/06/06, 17:40

This is indeed an important subject to take into account in terms of sustainable development.
I'd rather know where that is in this report?
0 x
A tree that falls makes more noise than a forest that falls ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/06/06, 18:15

Here, another example of "rather than ask questions about the causes, trying to fight against the consequences" : Evil:

... and this one is particularly au gratin being proposed fight counters the effects of technological one-upmanship (CO2 in the atmosphere is only the consequence of the anarchic development of thermo-technology) .... by new technology !!!

It's really as its idiotic solution. I see a lot of potential problems:

: Arrow: Where will the energy needed to manufacture and operate these "depollutants" come from? thermal coal ???

: Arrow: How it will make the difference between CO2 "too much" and the necessary (greenhouse effect when it is not excessive is still the only "heating" of our planet). Imagining it to work their stuff, what do we do if there's more CO2 thus more greenhouse at all?

: Arrow: And plants, they need CO2 to grow. What's going on if a herd of these "critters" comes to pass over a forest or in the field that will feed a village for a whole year?

: Arrow: Lavoisier said, "nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed". Nanos, they make what CO2? We will burn coal in power stations ???

And finally, finally, the best for last:
: Arrow: : Arrow: And then when all these nanorobots skimmers will become uncontrollable if we ingest or breathe, we probably had our CO2 body (notably diluted in the blood). What's going to happen ?

A .... but if I know, we will manufacture has nano-robots to destroy other robots : Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
pinch
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

friendly point of view of a detractor

by pinch » 23/06/06, 11:42

I see that we do not have the same vision of things on the subject.
I am glad, would still have these foundations are based on facts, not unfounded speculation.
I commend not question your analysis on CO2 but the report that is made with nano.
This is often the case when we do not differentiate between as possible / likely / desirable.
Concerning nanotechnologies, the amalgam is often too quickly made without taking into account the current aspects of the subject.
Lack of knowledge of the subject probably ...
0 x
A tree that falls makes more noise than a forest that falls ...
Christophe

Re: sympathetic the viewpoint of a detractor

by Christophe » 23/06/06, 11:43

Pinch wrote:Concerning nanotechnologies, the amalgam is often too quickly made without taking into account the current aspects of the subject.
Lack of knowledge of the subject probably ...

Like all new technologies ... the newness scares then speculates. Sometimes with reason and other times not ... but it only the future will tell ....
0 x