Acetone added to fuel = savings.

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
davio
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davio » 01/09/05, 18:18

On my diesel I had noticed more punch and the consos were random but on some full there was a gain and others nothing.

I noticed this when I drove 30% rapeseed and my fill was never in the same place.

The extra punch degraded after three days.

I have never been able to verify the why of this story because I went to rapeseed 100% thereafter.

Given the heating power of the electrical resistance, I hesitated to resume acetone immediately, I started slowly, I will see what happens, I think above all to start well in the morning with acetone.
0 x
Giul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Giul » 04/09/05, 18:31

"Read everyone

Even on Zébulon.fr, famous PC optimization site, there are some who have tested (they quote "econologie.com")

(there are three pages of posts)

Voila ;; see you soon
0 x
bel3pc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bel3pc » 15/09/05, 08:02

Hello,

I believe I saw in an email one of you who was doing a test on the subject ??
What about, what are the results, are there any risks with injections? Is there a risk as I point out JM Moreau of destroying the components.
For example:

Fuel pump, injectors, various sensors incorporated into the power supply ??

Thank you for any remarks and comments.

Christian PERET
-------------------------------------------------- -----------

Acetone added to fuel = savings ...

One of our loyal readers (thank you Jean-Yves!) Found the following on March 17, 2005 and communicated it to us.

An extract :

The author, Louis LaPointe (who calls himself an expert on the subject), says that he saves 15 to 35% of fuel (gasoline or diesel) simply by adding (a little) acetone. He says he has been doing this without problem for over 50 years.

"The average optimum" would be around 2.5 ounces of acetone per 10 gallons (ensuring a consumption saving of 20% minimum).

After converting the US units and, unless I am mistaken:
1 US Gallon = / = 3.8 liters
1 OZ (Ounce) = 28.35 grams
Water density 1 (1 liter of water 1000 cm3 = 1000 grams).
Density of acetone 0.79
2.5 Ounces of acetone =
28.35 * 2.5 = / = 71 grams = / = 71 / 0.79 = / = 90 cm3.
This makes 90 cm3 of acetone per 10 gallons = 38 liters.
With 1 liter of acetone we make about 10 'small' tanks of about 40 liters of "normal" fuel and we save (according to the author) 20% = / = more than 8 liters on each tank ....

Amazing, right? ''

Our correspondent adds: I imagine that coupled with the hydrogen system of Jean-Marc Moreau Do the savings add up? I asked her the question. ''

Answer: Yes, indeed, I know this process (like mothballs / mothballs) to put in the fuel. Best used in combination with other protective molecules. There are also several additives, pre-dosed and stabilized, known to manufacturers of automotive products. We all know there are a thousand and one ways to save fuel. You should know that if you add ether, toluene or various other products to our fuels, the same thing will happen and real gains will be seen. However, we must remain cautious. For example acetone without other additives is used to dissolve the glue and melt the joints made in many materials ... the other products mentioned can also be aggressive if they are used improperly. "JM M
0 x
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 02/11/05, 16:12

Beware of mothballs and toluene these are very dangerous products (carcinogens) to avoid at all costs !!!

Otherwise, in my humble opinion, the gain in use of acetone concerns rather old petrol engines (with carburetor) and the process risks being less effective on the current engine equipped with an electronic regulation with lambda probe.

PS I do not believe that in proportions of acetone use cited above it will have any danger for the engine equipment.
;)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/05, 18:40

I combined, moved and pinned these 2 identical subjects.
0 x
Kedar
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kedar » 02/11/05, 21:36

Good evening I tried on a 2.3D utility I saved 10% with 60CM3 or 6cl of acetone with 50 L of GO
I repeat the test with 7 Cl and 3 liters of sunflower oil to see if it harms the principle of surface tension
@+
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/11/05, 22:26

I am currently experimenting with my skoda Félicia GLXi (1,4L (around 1400cc) petrol 68 hp (68hp)).

In Marseilles, we are in the middle of a bus strike and I'm having a lot of traffic. But already I can say that for a journey made between 20min and 30 min, traveled between 1H and 2H due to traffic jams, I consumed 7,5L / 100km.

Normally, with flexible driving and without endless traffic jams, I consume around 6,5L.

For me, it is very conclusive and I continue the experience (strongly the end of the strike).

(I put 60ml of acetone for 40L of gasoline)

Once finished, I go to the turbulator;)
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 03/11/05, 00:53

Hello Former Oceano
To be more precise (for regional): 50kw, 1289cm3, control of mono-injection and ignition by a common Bosch Monotronic system. :D

Have you examined where your propeller in Flagada is placed?
Once the air filter has been removed, the duct is short, square and bends at right angles, with the injection of gasoline, in the middle of everything bins…: blink:

Gegyx
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 03/11/05, 13:01

Allow to intervene:

I find it a bit cavalier to add additives like this in the fuel:
even if ion gains 10% of consumption, it would be necessary to make pollution measurements before pushing further.
We do not really know what can come out of the pot with acetone in the tank ...
0 x
bel3pc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bel3pc » 03/11/05, 15:53

bob_isat wrote:Allow to intervene:

I find it a bit cavalier to add additives like this in the fuel:
even if ion gains 10% of consumption, it would be necessary to make pollution measurements before pushing further.
We do not really know what can come out of the pot with acetone in the tank ...

Yes I admit it does not smell as usual.

Another smell, but to say that it is more polluting than before I doubt it.

On my fuel motorcycle I don't have a catalytic converter.

What I am sure is that I consume 10% less and pollute 10% less but what ???? this is another problem

Christian
0 x