Presentation and questions about an oil burner

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
boul38
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Presentation and questions about an oil burner

by boul38 » 12/01/10, 21:35

Hello everybody

My name is Benoît, I am a baker, and everything new on this forum.

If I decided to come to you, it is because I had an idea there is little, and which little by little germ in my head. There she is :

As I said above I am a baker, and my oven has an oil burner. My question would be if I could run the latter with frying oil?

My oven consumes around 1000 liters of fuel oil per month.

I could recover about 400 liters of oil per month.

However several questions cross my mind (if of course this is possible):

_ First of all, is there a real impact on the environment? (Which is my main goal, because today we are all concerned ...)

_ Is there any danger?

_ Is there a certain proportion to respect?

_ Does the combustion of frying oil give off an odor, and if so, would this odor come from the burner or the chimney?

_ Is there any additional maintenance to be done on the burner?

_ Is it legal?

I am aware that if this operation is feasible, there will be some constraints such as recovering the oil, filtering it etc ... but I really want to embark on the adventure to preserve our planet (as I I said above) without forgetting a financial aspect which is for my taste not negligible).

Here I have no more questions which come to me then thank you to the courageous who will have read this message until the end, and very quickly.

Benedict.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/01/10, 04:32

Turn the frying oil on a fuel burner. Not easy. By cons for a relatively small amount you can make a ball burner which in your case (continuous use) would be really suited to your needs. Filtration would be simpler. An inconvenience .. Should work in the room where he is with earplugs
0 x
boul38
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by boul38 » 13/01/10, 17:14

Thank you for these details, however not feeling at all the soul of a great handyman I am not very hot to embark on an adventure such as the ball burner (although the system is interesting ...)

I'd rather be to keep my current burner.

Why is it not so simple?

As I wander on the forum I saw that the oil had to be filtered hot.

Is this the only constraint or are there others?

In any case, thank you for taking the time to answer me.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/01/10, 11:17

Your current burner is equipped with a pump intended for fuel oil, it does not tolerate oil ...
In addition, the fuel burner injects the fuel through a very small nozzle which clogs very quickly with poorly filtered oil.

Finally the settings are delicate and the mediocre combustion the unburned numerous fouling of the heating body see oil which is found in tar at the bottom. You need either a heavy oil burner or expect trouble ...
0 x
boul38
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by boul38 » 16/01/10, 18:37

Ok I see...

I think I'm going to opt for a multi-fuel burner.

Now I have to know if I am legal with regard to the fumes released and also I do not know if the burner will give off an odor. To know that my current burner does not emit any odor ...

If anyone has opinions ... Thanks in advance.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 18/01/10, 08:33

The happy medium had a multi-fuel burner ... He cut it up to make it a ball burner, it was so reliable with used oil.

Correctly burnt fried food has no more odor than fuel oil ...
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"