DC electric motor, and consumer information

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

DC electric motor, and consumer information

by Blackberry » 02/08/09, 17:03

Hello, I would like some information.
Could you tell me how much an 4kw DC electric motor consumes at startup and how to calculate the consumption of this engine powered by 6 12v 50AH lead batteries
should I put the batteries in series or parralele?
can an 6kw generator power the motor in case the batteries are discharged?
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 02/08/09, 17:22

I would like to know if I plug 4 batteries serie my tension will add well and will 48v? and if I connect to each of these batteries 1 battery in parallel I have good 48 volts in series and 100ampere in parallel no?
so my engine will run longer with these 8 batteries ,?
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 02/08/09, 17:24

Hello,
It will be easier to help you if we had the doc engine documentation! For the battery, it depends on the supply voltage of the engine but given its power I will say in series [to see if it holds a voltage of 72V, but it surely needs more]
Of course a generator can power the engine, see if you can find one that provides DC power at the desired voltage, or AC and you place a rectifier behind to power your engine.

But if we had more info on your engine, it would be easier!

Edit:

In the series you add up the voltages indeed, but if you place 2 battery 12 V in series and parallel another 12 V, there is no good, you risk to screw up the one who is alone. [because you apply to him 24V]
Last edited by Lounes the 02 / 08 / 09, 17: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

please

by Blackberry » 02/08/09, 17:28

4kW motor 1500 rpm Axis height 112mm

Protection: IP 55
Insulation class: F
Warm-up class: B
Finishing paint: Blue or gray
Application: Primary layer (ep 30 μm) and topcoat for all industrial environments (ep 45-90 μm) according to IEC 721-2-1.
Engine complies with IEC 34 - 1 / 9, 85, 57530 / VDE 0530-1291 with premium SKF, FAG, NSK or NTN ball bearings.
Coiled motor with vacuum impregnated copper wire with a tropicalized varnish.
The motors are designed to be used for the main voltages as specified in DIN / IEC 38 with a maximum tolerance of +/- 10%.
Ambient temperature: -35 ° C to + 40 ° C.
Standard terminal box position on the top.
here for my project I consider a small electric cart powered by batteries and a generator in case of failure, the engine is it powerful enough to advance my car at a speed 60km / h? how much battery should I put in serie to supply my engine?
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 02/08/09, 17:41

Tell me I can have the complete documentation of the engine? Because I do not find the standard DIN / IEC 38, so I do not know its voltage supply.

And for your car, on board a "generator" and an electric motor, we call that rather a hybrid! Because I don't think that taking a generator on board is a good idea, as much as taking a heat engine directly on board. Do you have any idea of ​​the total mass of this car?
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 02/08/09, 20:07

I would need a motor 4kw about if you know one said me, for the generator it consumes less than a car with a gasoline engine (about 2.2 liter for 800kw maximum output) and I will only use for 4kw the rest used to recharge the batteries you think it is possible?
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 02/08/09, 20:35

other idea, and why not directly connect my electric motor to power by my genset te that this one

LT7500 6500W Generator Set
13 CV motor, PRC 4 battery electronic start-up time unleaded petrol 95 - 3000 rpm - max. actual at startup 6500W, actual power in continuous use 6000W.
Equipped with 2 Schuko 230V plugs.
Equipped with low oil safety, thermal breaker with manual re-engagement, 1 differential protection 30 mAmp, grounding, 1 digital ammeter.
12 volt socket for connection to a battery
Large 25L tank, for autonomy 11H30.
1 socket 12 volts with set of pliers.
Sound level 96 db
Comes with trolley kit
80 kg weight
it can run my 4000w engine for my cart no. 2.2 l of gasoline per hour!
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 02/08/09, 22:10

I was talking about a hybrid car because there is a performance story behind it.
Basically your idea is:

Electro group [storage of energy in gasoline therefore]
| |
> Supplies the engine and recharges the batteries [if there is excess energy]
So we make sure that the generator runs at maximum efficiency for a maximum of time.
| |
> Recovery of kinetic energy, the problem is that a battery will not withstand the intensity of the current if we try to recover everything suddenly.

Another problem is the total mass of this car, between battery and generator ... it is clear that we can not expect huge speeds.

But what is the real interest of this car? Both charge the batteries and put capacitor 80kg to recover the kinetic energy : Cheesy:

PS: It would be an estimate of the mass of this car ... otherwise difficult to estimate if a motor of 4kw will be sufficient!
Last edited by Lounes the 02 / 08 / 09, 22: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
Blackberry
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

re

by Blackberry » 02/08/09, 22:14

thank you for your answers.
and if I plugged the generator directly to the AC motor would consume less than a gasoline car no? (without using batteries) you just have to predict more power for the demage is not everything?
the goal is to have a small car with low consumption
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 02/08/09, 22:22

It could allow a reduction of the consumption provided to run the generator in a position where it will have its maximum yield, and the possibility of recovering the excess energy ... and still it is not really sure :? [Flywheel? Drums ? Condenser? [It takes a lot for this one ... not very econological!]]
0 x