AC Electrolysis

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 08/09/05, 13:13

Nothing on the site.
Set by some pre-war inventions. :(
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/05, 13:18

Rexresearch.com will close on January 1, 2006

Unless YOU buy a CD copy of rexresearch.com (Only $ 13 Postpaid) !!

Order Now!

.. NO COMENT
0 x
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 08/09/05, 13:57

Given the proportion of sites whose access is restricted, it may be useful to see the need to make a recording on the hard drive before proposing a link, in order to retranscribe the information if it was to disappear.
beautiful example.

yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?
Free object!
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 08/09/05, 14:10

Z'ra be proud of me, I pumped the entire site to have it locally on my computer and I found the page in question!
so I put the introduction. And for the sequel (there are pictures that's why I can not do a copy paste wild), I will put a mirror of this page on a site as soon as I have a little time.

"
Cutting The Gordian Knot of the Great Energy Bind
by Andrija Puharich

(1) Introduction ~

It is hardly necessary to weigh the value of the World Energy Bank account for any sophisticated person, these days. It is grim. The oil reserves will be spent in a score of years or so. (Ref 1)

This is not to say that the outlook is hopeless. There is an abundance of alternative energy sources, but the economics of development and exploitation presents an enormous short term for the world political and banking resources.

Visionary scientists tell us that the ideal fuel in the future will be as cheap as it will be, both in its short term, and in its long term, effects, that it will be renewable in that it can be used over and over again, it will be safe to handle, and present And finally it will be universally available anywhere on earth.

What is this magical fuel, and why is it not being used? The fuel is water. It can be used in its fresh water form. It can be used in its salt water form. It can be used in its brackish form. It can be used in its snow and ice form. Where such water is decomposed by electrolytic fission into hydrogen and oxygen gases, it becomes a high energy fuel with three times the energy output which is available from an equivalent weight of high grade gasoline.

(1 Ref.) National Geographic, "Energy", February 1981.

Then why is not water being used as a fuel? The answer is simple. It costs too much with existing technology to convert water into hydrogen and oxygen gases. The basic cycle of using water for fuel is described in the following two equations, to each high school student of Chemistry:

H2O Electrolysis + 249.68 Btu Delta G ==> H2 + (1/2) O2 per mole of water (1 mole = 18 gms.). (1)

This means that it requires 249.688 Btu of energy (from electricity) to break water by electrocal fission into the gases hydrogen and oxygen.

H2 and (1/2) O2 === catalyst ===> H2O - Delta H 302.375 Btu per mole of water. (2)

This means that 302.375 Btu of energy (heat or electricity) will be released when the gases, hydrogen and oxygen, combine. The end product (the exhaust) from this reaction is water. Note that more energy (under ideal conditions) is released from a combination of gases. It is possible that it is possible to get some 20% above (2) above, then it takes to produce the gases of reaction (1) above. Therefore, if reaction (1) could be made at 100% efficiency, the release of energy from reaction (2) in an optimally efficient engine (such as a low temperature fuel cell), there would be a net energy profit which would make the use of water as a fuel an economically feasible source of energy.

The cost of producing hydrogen is directly related to the cost of producing electricity. Hydrogen as produced today is a byproduct of off-peak-hour electrical production in either nuclear or hydroelectric plants. The electricity thus is the best way of making hydrogen. We can compare the cost of production of electricity and the cost of producing hydrogen. The following table is adapted from Penner (ref 2) whose data is based on the Federal Power Commission, and the American Gas Association Figures of 1970 and on a 1973 price evaluation (just before OPEC oil price escalation.)

1 table: Relative Prices in Dollars per 106 Btu. See Appendix 1 for definition of British Thermal Units (a) @ 9.1 mils / kWh

Cost Component ~ Electricity ~ Electrolytically-Produced H
Production ~ 2.67 (B) ~ 2.95 to 3.23 (B)
Transmission ~ 0.61 ~ 0.52 ©
Distribution ~ 1.61 ~ 0.34
Total Cost ~ $ 4.89 ~ $ 3.81 to $ 4.09

If we compare only the unit cost of electricity production vs Hydrogen from the above table:

106 Btu H2 / 106 Btu El = $ 3.23 / $ 2.67, or 20.9% higher cost, H2

(Ref 2) Penner, SS & L. Iceman: No Nuclear Technologies, Vol II, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1977, Chap. 11, and Table 11.1-2 (Page 132).

It must also be noted that the price of natural gas is much lower than that of electricity or hydrogen, but because of the price fluctuations due to recent deregulation of gas. It is not possible to present a realistic figure.

In the opinion of Penner (op cit), if the hydrogen production cost of its total cost could be reduced, it would become a viable alternate energy source. Several major breakthroughs would have to occur.

(1) ENDERGONIC REACTION ~ (1) supra. A hydrogenation of fuel as a result of hydrogenation and oxigenation.

(2) HYDROGEN PRODUCTION, in situ. A breakthrough that eliminates the need and cost of hydrogen liquefaction and storage, transmission, and distribution, by producing the fuel in situ, when and where needed.

(3) EXERGONIC REACTION ~ (2) supra. A breakthrough which yields a 100% efficient energy release from the combination of hydrogen and oxygen in an engine that can be used in heat, steam, or electricity thus produced.

(4) ENGINE EFFICIENCY. 1, (2), 3, 15, 20, XNUMX, XNUMX, XNUMX, XNUMX, XNUMX, XNUMX, and XNUMX Theoretically.

It is of interest to record that a new invention is made to the top of the world.

A thermodynamic device has been invented which produces hydrogen as fuel, and oxygen as oxidant, from ordinary or from sea water, eliminating the cost and hazard of liquefaction, storage, transmission, and distribution. The saving of this aspect of the invention alone reduces the total cost of hydrogen by 25%.

This Thermodynamic Device is based on a new discovery. The efficient electrolytic fission of water in hydrogen gas and oxygen by the use of low frequency alternating currents as opposed to the current use of direct current, or ultra-high frequency current today. Such gas production from water by electrolytic fission approaches 100% efficiency under laboratory conditions and measurements. No laws of physics are violated in this process.

This Thermodynamic Device has already been tested at an altitude and at an elevation. The device produces two types of gas bubbles; one type of bubble contains hydrogen gas; the other type contains oxygen gas. The two gases are thereafter easily separated by passive membrane filters to yield pure hydrogen gas, and pure oxygen gas.

The following are a combination of the above mentioned effects of a small molecule and a small amount of energy, and a yield of energy in the form of heat, or electricity, or electricity --- as needed. The energy is released by the chemical fusion of hydrogen and oxygen, the exhaust product is clean water. The invention can be achieved by the nature of the energy evaporation, solar irradiation in cloud form, and subsequent collection as a source of water. Gold, the exhaust water can have its energy content by photocells. Hence, the product is both clean and renewable. The fuel hydrogen, and the oxidant oxygen, can be used in any form of heat engine as an energy source if economy is not important factor. But the practical considerations of maximum efficiency dictate that a low temperature fuel cell with their direct economic output (less than 5 kilowatts).

For large power plants, steam and gas turbines are the ideal heat engines for economy and efficiency. With the proper engineering effort, automobiles could be easily used as a source of fuel.

(2) A Elementry Introduction to the Design & Operation of the Thermodynamic Device to Electrolysis Water with AC ~

The Thermodynamic Device (TD) is made up of three main components: An electrical function generator, Component I, which energizes a water cell, the TD, Component II and Component III, a weak electrolyte.

COMPONENT I: The Electrical Function Generator ~ See Fig 1. "
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?

Free object!

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"