Scuderi engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Scuderi engine

by elephant » 25/07/09, 19:16

Have you ever heard of the Scuderi engine?

extract from the website Inventios-europe:

The revolutionary ignition technology after top dead center validated by the latest laboratory tests

The Scuderi engine broke through a major new development hurdle last week when engineers achieved the very first engine ignition, giving the final touch to the breakthrough concept of the top-end ignition of the split-cycle engine.

Engineers at the independent engine lab will continue testing and tuning in the coming weeks to finalize engine tuning to achieve optimum performance levels. Engine plans, test data and other performance measures will be disclosed to the global automotive community under confidentiality agreements.

The prototype atmospheric petrol engine, with a capacity of one liter, would be able to produce up to 80% less toxins than a conventional internal combustion engine. Once equipped with its turbocharger and air-hybrid components, it should offer remarkable gains in terms of energy efficiency, the most important since the invention of the Otto cycle more than 130 years ago. The original Scuderi engine was designed and invented by Carmelo Scuderi (1925-2002).

Scuderi's split-cycle technology is all the more impressive in that it allows car manufacturers to immediately meet the higher emissions and performance standards that are gradually coming into force around the world, without having to invest heavily to change current production processes. The Scuderi Group anticipates a constant evolution of this technology, once the main players in the technical community start working on this engine, each making its own improvements to achieve even higher levels of performance.

"This new milestone marks a great moment for the engine and for our international team working on its development," said Sal Scuderi, President of the Scuderi Group. "We are pleased to make it public today as we have just introduced the prototype to the European automotive community. We particularly appreciate being able to share this announcement with those who have accompanied us in this development and have expressed their interest, more than three years after the first presentation of this idea and this design. Now that we have reached this stage, we strongly encourage automakers to seize the opportunity presented by the Scuderi engine to produce less fuel-hungry engines. "

The Scuderi engine operates on the split-cycle principle, which divides the four times of a standard combustion cycle into two matched cylinders: the first for intake and compression, the second for expansion and exhaust. Ignition after the top dead center greatly improves the efficiency and cleanliness of the combustion in one cylinder, while the air is compressed in the other. The Scuderi engine performs only one revolution of crankshaft per combustion cycle, compared to two for conventional engines. In addition to improvements in performance and emissions, studies show that the Scuderi engine is capable of producing a higher torque level than conventional gasoline and diesel engines.

The atmospheric engine is now operational, the Scuderi Group and its independent laboratory continue their work on new prototypes. The turbo and air-hybrid versions should be finalized current 2010.

To listen to a Podcast on the Scuderi gasoline engine, visit: www.ScuderiEngine.com.

source: http://www.targetwire.com/

I confess that I do not understand much. What do our motorist friends think?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/07/09, 19:46

So Elephant, you do in the engines 8)

It is a geographically separate cycle engine.

Namely that the admission / compression is in a cylinder.

And the explosion / relaxation in another ... So we must manage the transfer of compressed gases and ignition limit from one cylinder to another. : Idea:

Why make it simple when you can make it complicated ? I'm not too convinced :?

According to the designers, this would allow a cleaner combustion ... why not? :D
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/07/09, 20:36

Before I go back to my country without ADSL ...

http://www.scuderigroup.com/why-is-the- ... ne-better/

For english people : Cheesy:

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/07/09, 20:37

A link with the scuderia? : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/07/09, 20:39

Hi Christopher,

there is this link too, for the tiffosi of the scuderia 8)
http://www.scuderigroup.com/the-revolution/

"the revolution", what modesty : Mrgreen:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/07/09, 21:17

Here are the cycles in image:

http://www.scuderiengine.com/prototype/
:D
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/07/09, 22:58

Thank you all, :D but I would have liked to know if there were other echoes than those of those who laid the principle.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/07/09, 21:05

Weird thing ... The engine cylinder inlet valve which remains open during combustion .... so that the combustion flame front does not rise in the pipe between the two cylinders, the arrival of the charge " fresh "must arrive at an astounding speed !! ??? Pressure drop ???

The ignition after the neutral does not seem positive in any case, here is to allow time for the intake valve to open! The timing of ignition of the mixture even aided by a high compression ratio should not improve performance. The turbulence must be excellent but in total why would it be better, especially by multiplying the mobile crews with equal capacity? Only bench tests will convince me.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/08/09, 20:27

I move the subject which has nothing to do in "Thermal comfort, heating and insulation of your home".

Here I go a few days camping and when I come back it's the yard! : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
iridium
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iridium » 15/02/11, 14:18

I come back on the engine which I see in the press that it will soon be commercialized.

Pitiful as an engine.

watch the operation !!!
It does not make you think about ????
Its not you thinking about 2 engine time by chance ?????

a piston that compresses the air for the 2é piston.
to obtain a torque distribution to the crankshaft equivalent to an 4 cylinder it will 8 cylinder with all its distribution for the power equivalent of a cylinder 2 times lower because only the half of the cylinder are engines.

The crossing of the valves with fresh air injection into the exhaust cylinder.
it does not make you think of a system of fresh air injection exhaust as it is done bcp today on motorcycles; this so as not to have an imbrulé.

Problem:
weight and reliability.

The only advantage compared to a 2 time, is that the cycles are perfectly defined thanks to the valve which allows to obtain a complete combustion and thus a lesser polution.

But in this case, it would be much easier to add an exhaust valve on a 2 engine time !!!

pitifully short ....
revolting to see how far are the industrialists going for past the norms of polution

such a motor with 2 times more friction can only have a lower thermodynamic efficiency!

a+
0 x