Temperature of the smoke from a heat engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Temperature of the smoke from a heat engine

by Pierre-Yves » 27/11/08, 17:05

is it possible to use the exhaust gas temperature to check if a heat engine is running with good torque?

This topic may already be covered somewhere on this forum, but I did not find.

merci!
0 x
optimization, energy savings
http://www.avel-vor.fr
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/11/08, 20:16

Hello Pierre-Yves

is it possible to use the exhaust gas temperature to check if a heat engine is running with good torque?

The question is odd ... To use the "exhaust temperature" parameter, the other engine parameters would have to be roughly constant, in order to be able to make comparisons / a reference curve which have a meaning (torque / temperature). Kind of stuff you can do ... on an engine test bench. On a car where everything varies at the same time ..... :?

Chai not if that answers your question, but with a ladle, on an atmospheric diesel the exhaust temperature increases with the load. On my R19, a small false flat of nothing at all and the exhaust temperature varies from 258 to 315 ° at 95 km / h. The foot almost at the bottom in a climb to 90 km / h and I have 450 °.
In no case have I been able to deduce that my maximum torque is at such speed / speed etc ...
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"