When Total starts to hydrogen ...

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

When Total starts to hydrogen ...

by elephant » 09/07/07, 18:40

What was my surprise this morning, when I stopped at the Total Nivelles North Service Station to see a public inquiry poster there to obtain authorization to install a 17.000 liter liquid hydrogen tank.

(Note for non-Belgians, this station is about 25 km south of Brussels, on the Paris-Mons-Brussels motorway)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/07, 18:43

No doubt hydrogen from petroleum cracking ... am I wrong?

In addition 17 m3 is ridiculous in addition and I would like to know the nuclear kwh necessary for its cryogenic conservation? (since I guess that's what this is about ...)

(OFF mode)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/07/07, 20:54

Oh ! I am very proud pcq I come with a scoop and that's all you can say : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: When Total starts using hydrogen ...

by the middle » 10/07/07, 06:04

elephant wrote:What was my surprise this morning, when I stopped at the Total Nivelles North Service Station to see a public inquiry poster there to obtain authorization to install a 17.000 liter liquid hydrogen tank.

(Note for non-Belgians, this station is about 25 km south of Brussels, on the Paris-Mons-Brussels motorway)

We use all the products of the petrochemical industry, and in large quantities (TV, pc, pen, meat packaging, water bottle, cars, garden furniture, car oil ...)
Make the account at home, you will be surprised; even for food, we use H2, (all hydrogenated products ....)
Few people live naturally without the help of petrochemicals ...
If I understand correctly, you are ready to live without baxter, without nuclear medicine, without syringes?
We all wanted this ...
And now, to answer your question concretely, know, to manufacture all these products, it takes tons of H2, Petrochemical factories, to meet our needs, run 24 hours a day, 24,365 days a year.
So we need buffer reserves, in case of problems in the refineries, otherwise, the factories stop ... Just as there are reserves of gasoline, fuel oil for our cars ...
I worked 18 years at Fina, in research ... now it has become Total, and I am looking the truth in the face. 8)
I saw a film whose title was "Abyss", researchers must study a vessel of the future, which is at the bottom of the sea.
At one point, monsters attack them, and they discover that it is their dreams that make these killer jellyfish, and other monstrous creatures.
In real life, it's the same, it's us who feed the oil monsters; it's our dreams that build all these factories.
Oops, I made friends ...
0 x
delnoram

Re: When Total starts using hydrogen ...

by delnoram » 10/07/07, 18:22

lejustemilieu wrote:I saw a film whose title was "Abyss", researchers must study a vessel of the future, which is at the bottom of the sea.
At one point, monsters attack them, and they discover that it is their dreams that make these killer jellyfish, and other monstrous creatures.
In real life, it's the same, it's us who feed the oil monsters; it's our dreams that build all these factories.
Oops, I made friends ...

[off topic]
Nice film "abyss" but apparently we must not have seen the same : Shock: (source)
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 10/07/07, 19:36

The name of the film is: Sphere with Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone, Samuel l. Jackson.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/07/07, 19:39

Well seen, Toto, it was sphere
As much for me
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 10/07/07, 19:52

And now the chemistry of TOTALFINAELF is called ARKEMA and they close (or restructure) with flying colors. Below 8% of RO You have to worry.
Rhone-Poulenc did the same with Rodia.

At total there is a large Bostik-findley parish and others that I don't remember
0 x