Mr Gaston's water engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Mr Gaston's water engine

by crispus » 10/05/07, 18:38

Hello !

There were engines before Pantone. Yes Yes...

I recently had the opportunity to photograph an old and strange machine, which dates from the 1914-18 war.

Your servant's report is now online at Quanthomme. I was waiting for the agreement of the owners of this machine to publish it.

Download here

Mirror download here

Good reading !

Marc.
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 10/05/07, 21:55

That's interesting
more than mothballs
I think that a former mechanic of the army could perhaps speak about it
If anyone has one among their ancestors ...

I had a friend, lost sight of since, who managed to get me a description of a tractor which was used to pull the planes on the tarmacs
powered by a 4 cyllires berliet 120cv mated to a Twin disk converter ... which still works, but it is more recent
This friend had questioned an army material documentation service

to be continued
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 10/05/07, 22:08

Hi,

In this case it would be necessary to find an English mechanic. The machine would have been the subject of a patent, it is perhaps possible to find it?

I intend to return to examine the beast, but I am not sure that I am authorized to dissect it! : Lol:

A plan would be simpler ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/05/07, 23:08

Crispus you made your mouth water .....

Isn't there a museum in the English army, chance ????

the opposite would surprise me

they had some special but effective ideas, the English mechanics: thirty years ago I drove a Bedford van equipped with an engine which did not have valves, but a device with "drawers"
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/05/07, 23:36

elephant wrote:Crispus you made your mouth water .....

+ 1!!!

Isn't there a museum in the English army, chance ????

It's an idea ... but this kind of machine hides more than it exposes itself ... on the other hand by looking in the archives of the material used by the British ...

It would be necessary to launch a search notice, by attaching just a few photos ... It is done on the canvas?
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 11/05/07, 04:21

Hello,

Hope ... when you hold us !!!

It's a great story!

Isn't there a way to have this engine x-rayed or scanned ... like for mummies?

Bravo to you Crispus ... and to this Monsieur Gaston!

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/05/07, 05:07

Hello
Every year in the fall there is an antique car collector who exhibits and there are also very old engines in working order

I saw an engine quite similar to the one in the photo, there is no radiator, we fill the bowl with water and it evaporates. The intake valve is not controlled, it is a soft spring which l , opens with the vacuum, the carburetor is made with plumbing valves, ignition is a single coil and an internal breaker control mechanically (no spark plug it is an internal short circuit) connecting rod external lubrication drop of oil) he slowly turns a 600 to 800 RPM saw.
As I have a particular interest for these old mechanics I lingered a long time on this engine, there was another in the same principle but larger horizontal cylinder but diesel low compression it was necessary to heat the cylinder head with the torch and it starts with oil vapors passing through a metal sponge,
in my city there is Mr Deguise his grandfather had built small diesel single cylinders in the early 1900s for use of boats and agricultural machinery .. there is an original model existing in his workshop ..

This year if it exhibits I would make a series of photos it is very similar to this engine .. we inherited a lot of English material at the beginning of the century ...

Andre
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 11/05/07, 10:04

Bravo crispus for this REtrouvaille and for your analysis. You only have one more thing to do:
l'BUY ! It must not be impossible, considering that you have known these people for a long time and that M. Gaston seems to be ending his life. And in addition you can prevent this machine from ending up gutted on a pile of old cast iron at the scrap yard, which will not fail to happen to the death of its owner. This engine "calls you" for the 2nd time, do not miss this opportunity, you must be the one who, after M.Gaston, will keep this memory alive, even bring it back to life!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/05/07, 13:13

I think that, in fact, if you are not within 50 euros, this is the best solution.
and if it is not the huge machine that we suspect it to be, maybe the museum of the great war on the side of Péronnes could buy it from you
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 11/05/07, 14:07

bham wrote:You only have one more thing to do:
l'BUY !

I admit that I thought about it. But I also tend to think that this machine is better "protected" somewhere in the countryside, than it could be in the back of my garage. :D

Because I have "come a long way" for this engine, the owner's sons have now understood "that it is valuable", and will not sell it off to the next junkyard. There remains the risk of "malicious" purchase. And there I will not be the highest bidder.

Ultimately, I would prefer to have permission to dismantle it on site, and better of course, to be able to restore it. If I talk about it now it is to have several opinions and advice before doing anything!

It may take "some time" to loosen all this ...
But over time, I can make it easier than money.

Irreplaceable André:

I was sure you would have something to say on this subject.
Your description of the low compression diesel engine is interesting: the "box" could therefore contain a sponge?
But how is the mixture ignited?

Exceed:

The idea of ​​"X-raying" seems excellent to me. It seemed "impossible" to me, but now that you say it, maybe an ultrasound device could do the trick? If anyone has any info on that, I'm a taker.
0 x