Engine efficiency according to the load: optimizations!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Engine efficiency according to the load: optimizations!

by bolt » 01/11/06, 13:35

Following discussions in the topic "Magnets ..." https://www.econologie.com/forums/des-aimants-t104-38.html

Replace the 140 cv 2800 RPM full power aircraft engine with the JD 140 cv env engine to 2200 RPM + 1,2727 ratio multiplier and the diesel will have a better conso spec with the propeller rotating at 2000 RPM than at 2200 and above ( for a full charge assumption)

bolt
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Engine efficiency according to load: optimization

by bolt » 02/11/06, 15:36

Christophe wrote:But the requested power is ratio of the cube of the speed, to increase of 12% the speed will thus theoretically increase the power of grosso modo 40% .... it is from elsewhere what happens on the blue curve, the power the propeller goes from 60 to 102 cv is 70% increase so enough to compensate for these 40% ... Phew the plane can advance Very Happy

Here is pkoi, even if the yield is better at 2400, the consumption is greater at 2400 tr 2000 ... because the yield only earns 15% between these 2 schemes ... If he won 40% could be assumed that the consos are identical ...

I have highlighted the ability of the engine of the airplane to produce mechanical energy at the end of the shaft, according to the curves that André put, no matter then the actual load he receives while flying. since it is only the potential of the motor:

we have it for full charge: red curve

it is also for a progressive partial load, because generated by a propeller, which inflicts a proportional torque to apparently the cube of the speed of rotation of this one, probably fixed station on the ground (and could have been replaced by a test bench with the same progressive load imitation)

it is the efficiency according to the speed and the load which shows that this engine is very different from the "normality" that I know of diesel engines.

As for the advancement of the aircraft in the air, the main incidence is certainly a reduction of the propeller rotation force (for the same speed of rotation), at the limit, the helix would screw itself in the air (if the air met it at a very high speed), and there would be nothing but the friction of the blades in the air (the propeller would no longer cause the air to move) (very partial partial load)
impossible then to represent on a curve, the aircraft in real situation, without indicating to each regime, the advancement of the aircraft in the atmosphere (would be very interesting to know)

Note that it is quite possible that what disturbs the performance of this engine is studied so that in real situation, it is finally the load and the speed actually used that corresponds to the best performance

For André, another point of view on gasoline or diesel in aviationhttp://membres.lycos.fr/dieselis/moteurs.htm

Tips that do not apply to the cited aircraft engine
http://www.educauto.org/Documents/Infotech/down-sizing.pdf
(we can not correspond with the subject of this subject, is it not Christophe : Mrgreen:

comforted by the curves that can be seen here (in addition it's official :P ):
http://www.aem.org/Technical/OECD/PDF/AGR_CA_T%282006%2915_BIL.pdf
here, at least, it's a complete curve

interresting for oily :P

other site, but you have to get the CD to see more : Cry:
http://www.histomobile.com/histomob/tech/1/135.htm
bolt
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/11/06, 06:01

Hello

It would be interesting in our case to report the conso in km traveled .... but most of the time the private drivers measure the conso in hours it seems to me, is not it André?

Sometimes when we make trips to several aircraft and we make a full fuel stop full we make comparisons.
Often a light engine more powerful in the same plane, if it is still in its parameters of finesse is more economical over a given distance, it makes the trip faster its flight time is shorter, and it is even better if the It is a standing wind, for example a long mail that crosses the Atlantic takes 7 hours to make the Paris-Montreal route and it puts 6 hours for the Montreal-Paris route.
In principle when flying in the wind you fly fast cruising (to stay the shortest in the wind) and in the back wind you fly economic cruises)
Apart from the wind an airplane is like a boat (it must be boarded on the step) that is to say leave with an overspeed to lift the tail and bring the wing to the small angle the less drag, and reduce it slightly.
There is a critical speed where its resistance increases rapidly,
Normally I set it to GPS I increase from 100 RPM and I make readings when it starts to make a curve that gets faster, that's the limit of this plane, made at this speed, even that one will double the engine we win peanuts ..
What I know to have the best performance km traveled on a plane you have to put a propeller at a big step and force the engine at low speed and fly at a speed that keeps on his Step (not faster) seek speed which gives the least drag. This makes a plane unpleasant to drive, it's like driving a car with a single speed, a great ..

The curve given by the manufacturer is a curve with a static helix, that means that it forces in an expotential way, the last 100rpm are difficult to fetch. As the plane follows the propeller, it is not hard to turn, but when it starts to slide, either because of the speed limit, or the climb (which is always the drag), the yield of the propeller drops (the slip sometimes reaches 40% is the case of small propellers).

Andre
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 11/11/06, 20:00

Hello

a little reflection on the performance of an engine:

I assumed a very long injection for the explanation
In reality, the diesel is finished to be injected before the PMH of the piston, it ignites spontaneously, so to speak, since the biggest drops must be licked by the turbulence of air, so it takes a certain time
there is even inevitably diesel fuel that goes unburned (badly licked), since we talk about it during pollution checks :?

note: on the common rail, there is a micro injection before the PMH, just enough for the setting T ° adequate PMH, then from this moment, the rest is injected quickly (what I am told , if anyone can confirm?)

bolt
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/11/06, 22:01

Bolt wrote:[...] note: on the common rail, there is a micro injection before the PMH, just enough for the setting T ° adequate PMH, then from that moment, the rest is injected quickly (what I was told, if anyone can confirm?

bolt
On the latest generation ultra-high pressure common rail systems, between 1600 and 2000 bars, and piezoelectric injectors, there can be up to 5 injections on the motor cycle, with pre-injection, two main injections and two post-injections.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."