Renault Super 5 gtr that consumes up to 40l at 100km

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
jonathan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Renault Super 5 gtr that consumes up to 40l at 100km

by jonathan » 16/10/06, 21:52

Hello, I have a super 5 gtr which consumes 40l at 100 WHEN YOU "step in", but when you drive as quietly as possible it costs 14l at 100, so can you tell me what to do? if I go to a mechanic what will he tell me or do? for how much can I have? I did the oil change, the carburetor is nikel, candles set, finally I don't know what to do
HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!
thank you in advance
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 16/10/06, 22:34

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: :D :D :P :P
Death laughing. And I'm looking to lower the consumption of my Super 5 because it eats 10L in town !!!
ahahaha : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
40 Liter per 100km but there is a hole in the tank it is not possible.
What does nickel carburetor mean? External appearance. And the rest. Is the engine flushed? are there any leaks? He smokes ? What about ignition?
And how does it roll? is it a calf or does it turn normally?
Do you live in the Paris region?
Come see me if this is the case, I have the same engine as you but in an automatic gearbox.
0 x
jonathan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jonathan » 16/10/06, 23:07

the fuel is very clean, it is not a calf, on the contrary, I can climb the same speed at 100 km / h, there is no leakage, but when I accelerate too hard it smells like petrol she doesn't smoke !!
what does "the engine is flushed" mean?
thank you, it's urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/10/06, 03:23

Hello,
A slightly rich engine, that is 1 / 12,5, is more powerful than a 1 / 14,7 engine, but exceeds a certain richness and begins to lose power.
If your vehicle accelerates suddenly and has a lot of power while driving, it is not a problem with the advance or the engine out of breath, but you must have a problem with the carburetor,
either that the float was tinkered (level too high), or that the nozzles were changed or pierced.
Either the venturi has been replaced by a smaller one and they have kept the same nozzle.
If you continue to operate rich you will wash your engine (segmentation which works with a film of oil diluted with petrol)

After a quick drive out of the hot engine, disassemble a candle and examine the color, if it is gray or white you have no combustion problem, if it is black you are walking too rich .. otherwise look for your oil leak ..
checks if the oil level does not rise ...
Andre
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 17/10/06, 09:29

When I was in military service, my R5 one day swallowed a full of super in less than 200 km.

It choked at low revs, on the other hand I found it an abnormal "fishing" as soon as I pressed on the accelerator. So I made the whole trip at 120 (not good!).

Ultimately, it was the choke cable that had come off, and the cold start flap remained permanently closed ...

I was able to repair the next day with pliers and a screwdriver ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/10/06, 10:05

If your car passes the anti pollution tests is that the gasoline goes elsewhere than in the cylinder or the low engine ...

Are you sure you don't have a leak? : Cheesy:
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 17/10/06, 21:05

Chances are the problem comes from the choke component.
In this case the car smokes and smells of hot petrol.
It's been 10000 km that I tinker around the fuel and that I eat water to my engine and never have I reached such a summit. Even when going very heavy, it does not exceed 12L / 100km. With 40L / 100km you barely make 100km with full.
Heat your mill well and open the air filter.
You must see the two venturis. The one on the passenger compartment has the choke flap, the other is the second body.
Play with the cables you will come to understand what is happening with a little luck.
Last edited by PITMIX the 24 / 10 / 06, 21: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/10/06, 20:13

No better: it's possibly a choke problem ...

If not, also check the cleanliness of the air filter!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 24/10/06, 21:48

Today I opened my carb and frankly I do not see what can consume as much without the engine running badly.
The over consumption may be the automatic sprinklers that are blocked. It may be the float that is too high.
I read on forum auto.com that these carbs are fragile.
They veil themselves.
On the side there are small rods which activate the choke flap. Does it work well?
There is also another rod on the accelerator side it lifts a kind of mechanical valve which opens onto a tube in the open air.
It is possible that petrol is coming out here.
Look at the link below it's even better.
There are breakdowns and their troubleshooting solutions.
http://pboursin.club.fr/bonus/weber/r_weber.pdf
0 x