Vortex turbulator "forbidden" on hummer by GM

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Christophe

Vortex turbulator "forbidden" on hummer by GM

by Christophe » 22/09/06, 14:48

Two Detroit dealers have released modified Hummer vehicles to consume a little less fuel.

While gas prices soar, Hummer H2 and H3 inventories, two Hummer dealers in the Detroit area are innovating to curb energy consumption. However, General Motors and Hummer brand officials do not see the maneuvering well.

Detroit Hummer and Hummer of Novi are trying to seduce consumers with Mileage Maximizer, a mileage optimization feature that allows these behemoths to reach 25 miles per gallon on the highway. In comparison, the performance of an unmodified H3 is 19 at 20 miles per gallon on highway, according to Hummer spokesman Nick Richards. However, this economy has its price. The representatives of GM and Hummer do not approve the amendment and even speak of not honoring the guarantees of the transformed vehicles.

Sale up

Still, sales of H2 and H3 got off to a flying start in the two Detroit-area stores thanks to the Mileage Maximizer, says Gary Krupa, Managing Director of Hummer of Novi. During the first three weeks of the promotion, the dealer sold approximately a dozen Hummers with this device for an additional fee of US $ 189,95. Now, the channel plans to extend this service to other Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships it owns in the Detroit area "in the next month or so," says Russ Reimer, who leads two Hummer dealers.

The modification involves the installation of a device manufactured by Air Synergy Labs Inc., one of hundreds of US aftermarket companies that are developing in-house processes to increase vehicle fuel efficiency.

Not approved

Spencer Robley, chairman and CEO of the Las Vegas-based company, says his product - the "Vortex Valve" - ​​improves fuel efficiency by as much as 30%, though he admits this performance is not not approved. "No government, federal or state, or local agencies, no one wants to get wet to certify any of our products, or anything touching near or far to mileage," Robley says.

Since the launch of the 1998 valve, the company has sold 120 000 copies; Dealers in the Detroit area are the first of their kind to promote it.

Oxygen in the engine

Synergy Labs explains that the valve works by channeling and concentrating the air flow directed to the vehicle intake manifold, thus increasing the amount of oxygen present in the engine, thus increasing the efficiency of the combustion of the engine. fuel. Robley adds that this technology is suitable for all types of combustion engines and fuels, including those made from petroleum, hydrogen or ethanol.

GM does not recommend

Although GM did not have the opportunity to inspect the vehicles, Richard told Hummer that the company generally advises consumers and dealers not to tinker with the engines. "We spend years optimizing every aspect of the vehicle, whether it's performance, handling, handling, overall drive efficiency, durability, and long-term reliability, as well as compliance with current and future standards for vehicles. emissions, he says. We have a whole battalion of elite engineers who dedicate their lives to these problems. If it were so simple, they would have already found the solution. "

Standards

John Millett, spokesman for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the US Environmental Protection Agency that sets standards for vehicle emissions, admits that the agency is not informed about the promotion of vehicle emissions. Hummer dealers in Michigan, but points out that measures to optimize fuel efficiency sometimes translate into increased vehicle emissions.

"In principle, it is illegal to interfere with the emission control mechanisms of any EPA-approved vehicle," says Millett. At the Hummer dealership, Reimer says "more efficient gasoline burning necessarily reduces emissions .... In fact, many customers have told us that they have seen an improvement."

Source The Wall Street Journal: http://www4.autonet.ca/FR/Nouvelles/art ... 13805.html

ps: the photo is a "NL" plate who said they were an example of ecology? : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/09/06, 17:57

It's a bit logical that a builder does not cover the guarantee of an outside conversion. I remember at the time knowing about the conversion to LPG of a car that I was planning to buy.
I ended up buying a diesel.

Let's still put the church in the middle of the village:

without error,

20 miles / gallon is about 12 liters
25 miles / gallon is 9,75

if it's gas, I think it's fair: I've known a range rover in 1979: my colleague was 23 liters / 100, I was 19 liters and the boss 17 (guess who paid the gasoline ) :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/06, 18:01

Yes it's honest ... but it must be 90km / h ... much like a 1992 ZXTD that should consume 4.3L ...

The reality is closer to double ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/09/06, 18:40

By the way, you've noticed: Americans see beyond us:

they are interested in miles per gallon,

we poor Europeans want to know immediately how much will cost us: liters 100 :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/10/06, 20:34

Christophe wrote:[...] John Millett, spokesperson for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), [...] points out that measures to optimize fuel efficiency sometimes result in increased vehicle emissions.
[...]
At the Hummer dealership, Reimer says "more efficient gasoline burning necessarily reduces emissions .... In fact, many customers have told us that they have seen an improvement."
The EPA is not necessarily wrong and the dealer is not necessarily right ... See the problems of pollutant emissions when we want to work in poor mixture for example ...

elephant wrote:[...] if it's gasoline, I think it's honest [...]
V8 Turbo-fuel oil on the Hummer H1, V8 gasoline on the H2, 5 gasoline cylinders on the H3 ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 18/10/06, 21:38

elephant wrote:Let's still put the church in the middle of the village:

without error,

if it's gas, I think it's fair: I've known a range rover in 1979: my colleague was 23 liters / 100, I was 19 liters and the boss 17 (guess who paid the gasoline ) :D

Hello

a h1 or h2 to 12 liters it's in tow just to run the air : Mrgreen:

In steady pace (90 / 110) but far from being thoroughly mada mada bottoms background 30 35 liters and as soon as they attack the track is 45 / 50 liters hour so 80 / 100 liter to the cent : Evil: so at 9.75 I send them as many customers as they want : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/10/06, 22:42

Zac said:

45 / 50 liters hour so 80 / 100 liter to the cent

eh! Oh ! you go there, there! : Cheesy:
it is their consumption of pastis? :D

I know semi who consume less!
it's good for tanks and locomotives!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/06, 23:16

elephant wrote:I know semi who consume less!

Yes for semi (it is possible to reach 40 L / 100) but not for tanks or loco ... it is 200 500L 100 ...
0 x
zac

by zac » 18/10/06, 23:29

elephant wrote:Zac said:

45 / 50 liters hour so 80 / 100 liter to the cent

eh! Oh ! you go there, there! : Cheesy:
it is their consumption of pastis? :D

I know semi who consume less!

Unfortunately not; on brittle track you raise without stopping between 5 and 70kmh. With 3tonnes and horses it passes quickly and clean (if the driver is level) but conso flames.

the good ones with a bj80 are at 10litre on road and 20 22 on track but on track they are 20km - fast than with a h1.On 500km it is 5heure d'écart so to finish the night with all the riques afferants.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 19/10/06, 04:24

Hello

Attention to the conversion ..
one miles = 1,61 km
one gallon US 3,78 liters
One Canadian gallon 4,55 liters
Then the miles to the gallons are sometimes differrent following the Gallons!
In North America most people do not understand anything if we talk to them about liter 100km, despite being converted to metric people still talk about miles per gallon and even some speak of km to liters!
Personally I have no problem with sytémes I have an excel board and there is a colone for each conversion.

When to consume vehicles what you find abominable it was current money in the 70 and 80 years
I got an Oldsmobile 4-4-2 engine 400 cubic inch (over 6 liters) power 350 cv on the high road that consumed 11 miles per gallon ie 25 liters at 100km and more than 30 liters in winter city
Later in 1980 I got a CORDOBA from Chrysler V8 engine 360 cubic inch it was a little better 16 liters on highway 100kmh and city 25 liters.
Not so long ago that cars have become economical here, a car that makes 10 liters at 100km is considered economical.
We must understand the context the big engines that there was 10 years, we still see on the road and the transition is not brutal. There are not many years when one bought a car, people despised 6 cylinders it was necessary to have a V8, or say that the small engine was not strong enough,

To give an idea of ​​consumption a 235CV engine when asked its full power it consumes 1 liter per minute, it is the consumption of a small plane on float 4 places
when the flow tests have been done to find out if the fuel line is sufficient, it must pass 2 liters per minute.

Andre
0 x