Aluminum hydrogen generator from F. P Cornish.

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Aluminum hydrogen generator from F. P Cornish.

by do you drive » 05/09/06, 23:52

Hello everyone, I started building the aluminum oxidation hydrogen generator as planned.
I updated the page on the subject.
There is a European patent, a US patent, I found the trace of the inventor and there is a small article on the subject.

http://users.skynet.be/fa272699/Energie ... /index.htm

Good reading for those interested.
All good, Pat.
0 x
Patrick Guidi
www.pfgtechnologie.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/09/06, 23:09

it's great, but i think you have to use it to experiment the relation quantity of hydrogen / increase in yield, pcq i think it's not "the" ecological solution to make hydrogen.

can you stop the reaction quickly (instantly) if needed?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
strinkler
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by strinkler » 31/12/06, 15:15

Hello,

Unfortunately the production of hydrogen from aluminum oxidation is not ecological, nor economical elsewhere:

the aluminum extracted from the quarries is in fact bauxite, to make it aluminum you need to electrolize it and this requires a lot of energy, so much so that the aluminum manufacturing plants are forced to be located foot of the power stations producing electricity for questions of limitation of loss by the supply networks. then knowing that electricity is expensive to the environment (because of nuclear and black gold) the hydrogen produced in this way can in no case be ecological, not counting that the production of energy will not provide not only water as we can hear it but electricity and aluminum oxide with which we will not know what to do, has of course send it to a refiner so that he retires has a lot of electricity to make it aluminum again.

Remember that nothing is gained and nothing is lost all this transphorm.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 31/12/06, 17:16

+1

But the experience is worth the candle as the elephant says.

Just to see how an engine behaves with a defined amount of hydrogen ... :?:
0 x
gabriel
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

The aluminum - alumina sector is very promising

by gabriel » 21/02/08, 11:37

I believe that this sector should not be rejected on the grounds that the creation of aluminum requires too much energy (in fact I think that to say that is an enormity).

The necessary energy is stored in aluminum and then it is used to produce hydrogen.

if we are able to produce energy thanks to aluminum we are able to store ... electricity or it is the last element which is lacking to generate clean energy.

This technology would be complementary with wind turbines and in addition to the great merit of keeping the usual distribution channels (we could distribute aluminum refills in service stations) and recyclable waste collection (recycling of alumina).

For me, it is clearly a major technological breakthrough the day someone successfully performs the tour de force of coupling an aluminum hydrogen generator with a fuel cell.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/02/08, 14:12

Hello everybody

This invention goes in the direction that I made in another post ... *

Here it is:
Remundo wrote:In fact, for the storage of hydrogen, nature has done something very simple ...

She puts them on a carbon chain! Smart isn't it?

And that allows us to burn it all with the oxygen in the air and to have liquid fuels that are easy to transport and transfer ...

So we can have fun storing produce H2 at 400 Bar ... Did you know that the BMW hydrogen 7 loses its fullness after a few weeks of non-use? H2 is so small and pressurized that it easily diffuses through any metallic wall or not.

It is also extremely dangerous in the open air, take a look at it:
http://ww3.ac-poitiers.fr/sc_phys/cyber ... /NaH2O.htm
and video
http://ww3.ac-poitiers.fr/sc_phys/cyber ... /NaH2O.mpg

I remind you that H2 is basically 2 protons and a few neutrons ... almost always gaseous (except at - 250 ° C or several hundred bars ...) Nothing is smaller and difficult to handle

If we really want to make H2 so as not to have CO2 after combustion, I think it must be produced in situ from the application.

One of the best productions in situ is to react tap water on highly electropositive metals.

Sodium and aluminum are part of it ...

They constitute a true reservoir of H2 insofar as there is water almost everywhere on earth.

I join Gabriel for his vision of "storage" through metals.

Obviously, at each new transformation stage, we have losses. But the electrolysis yields are still quite good, it is a very old sector, therefore mastered for aluminum (aeronautics!)

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/02/08, 14:38

Remundo wrote:She puts them on a carbon chain! Smart isn't it? And that allows us to burn it all with the oxygen in the air and to have liquid fuels that are easy to transport and transfer ...

+1 on this, it's been a long time since I wanted to calculate the share of H2 energy and carbon of a fossil fuel ...
I'll think about it right now :)

I am not for storage in hydride metals because the mass yield is currently still quite poor (a few% and yes you read that correctly) nor by the chemical reaction because it is "cheating".

For me there is only one reasonable way to the massive use of H2 (which I also mentioned this morning on https://www.econologie.com/forums/energie-th ... t4853.html ): it is that of reproducing nature (once again).

This means creating thanks to this H2 a heavier and liquid synthetic fuel (therefore easily transportable) comprising, for example, carbon or possibly nitrogen.

Then if you need pure H2, to reform this fuel on the vehicle ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/02/08, 15:15

So you're like me, you've noticed that carrying hydrogen on carbon or nitrogen chains makes it possible to have liquid fuels that are easy to handle, while having a high calorific value (because H2 alone is not terrible").

Still remains the little problem of CO2 emissions, and especially NOx which are not famous respectively for the greenhouse effect and to breathe ...

Unless hybridization solves these problems in the city : Idea: and that fuels come exclusively from renewable energy!

@+
0 x