Economies by reheating fuel?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher

Economies by reheating fuel?

by bob_isat » 21/07/06, 18:38

Hi everybody

in good oily, I decided to install a fuel heating system, even if I am only 30% of agricultural rapeseed.

my car is a 3 tdi golf and the heater (diesel filter holder) comes from a renault 19.

I therefore inserted this system on the cooling circuit between the engine block and the passenger compartment radiator.

the results were not delayed:

600 km of highway with less than 30L : Shock:

or, less than 5L per 100 , while previously my consumption was a little over 6L under the same conditions ...

So here is if someone is interested I will detail the assembly a little more ...

joy and sobriety to all!
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 21/07/06, 19:11

Hello
it is true that it is a good idea for those who do not have this system mounted of origin (for mine it was already installed -clio1- 1.9d :D )
It currently reaches around 4.7l / 100 with 40% of short courses (6km).
30% oil + acetone + "" "" magnets "" "" "(in test).

I think it would not reach this type of consumption without the heater.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Other

by Other » 21/07/06, 19:15

Hello

For those who walk with a certain% of oil it is almost essential to heat the fuel, even when I run on diesel I heat it and this for a very long time, I had put it for the winter, (the economy and more remarkable than summer) but I realized that summer did not bother, even it improves.
As it is to heat with the water of the engine it is not necessary to hope to exceed 70c with a good exchanger, the engine chews more quietly it knocks less.
Too much heating poses a problem of expansion at the injection pump and certain seals (the clearance of the pump is very tight)
So avoid heating with the exhaust.
But if you want to improve the system even further, install a filter with a tared return valve (original bosch for Nordic countries) that reduces the amount of diesel in the return, therefore less passage of liquid in the exchanger, otherwise with a conventional system with the important return it should not be hoped to exceed 40c and only if the tank and 1/4 in summer .. it should not heat the tank in winter, it causes condensation and many other problems ..
To find out if you have a good return system, deconect the return pipe and have it delivered in a bucket measures the volume in time. You will have a good idea if you already have a built-in valve.
filter .. If you fill a 20 liters in 5 minutes put yourself a valve!

Andre
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 22/07/06, 08:54

Hello
The heating of the diesel by the coolant is mounted on the Mercedes 300TD turbo (1992). But I don't see the tared Bosch valve? Do you have a André reference? Because without the reference at the Bosch distributor here they do not know what we are talking about .... Thank you
Michel
0 x
Other

by Other » 23/07/06, 00:20

Hello Michel

The filter is on a 1990 Jetta
No 0450 906 174 Bosch

The valve is sold separately, it is made of fairly fragile plastic, the internal washer is made of steel.
I will take pictures and send you email,
It's been 3 full that I made with 50% oil but I have to replace the filter, I think I forced the dose a 50 a little strong.

Andre
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 23/07/06, 07:58

Hello André
The reference is that of the filter but the valve has one of its own if sold separately? It must be said that here even when I ask them for example: a broadband lambda probe for direct injection engine like Peugeot Citroën (HPI engine) they do not know without the exact reference, the computer is king and without reference they are unable to find ..... Anyway these probes are so expensive that I gave up buying one.
thank you André
Michel
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

saving by fuel heating

by denis » 23/07/06, 18:36

hello, everyone, when I was younger, I wanted to put a copper coil around the cylinder of my moped (a real one), to heat the gasoline, it was always just cerebral. Not long ago , I read a testimony on the net, that during the restrictions (war) the motorcycles were sometimes thus mounted to roll mazzout! :P mediocre but good performance!
And on a VFR, does it work? :P :P I see one going into the copper : Lol:
0 x
Other

Re: saving by fuel reheating

by Other » 02/08/06, 04:30

Hello

bob_isat wrote:Hi everybody

in good oily, I decided to install a fuel heating system, even if I am only 30% of agricultural rapeseed.

my car is a 3 tdi golf and the heater (diesel filter holder) comes from a renault 19.

I therefore inserted this system on the cooling circuit between the engine block and the passenger compartment radiator.

the results were not delayed:

600 km of highway with less than 30L : Shock:

or, less than 5L per 100 , while previously my consumption was a little over 6L under the same conditions ...

So here is if someone is interested I will detail the assembly a little more ...

joy and sobriety to all!

I just modified the diesel return system to limit the return. the warming has increased, this holds in the 68c if I drive at low speed and at 52c if I drive faster 130kmh, I think it will be difficult to reach the 80c without installing a fairly bulky heat exchanger.
As I just put a thermometer today, what I remember that the supply of oil from the tank tends to cool the one that turns in the exchanger / filter with the return.
The engine cooling system is regulated at 90c, normally in a good exchanger it is necessary to count 10c less
Bob, do you have any idea of ​​the temperature of the fuel coming out of the exchanger?
I am going to make modifications to reach regulated 80c it is there that the engine performs more with a strong 65% of oil (this passes easily in the filter) The loss of power that we feel it is not because oil, but because the filter clogs if the liquid is too viscous,
One of my fistons (Jetta) had replaced the diesel filter with an automotive oil filter that was as effective as running on diesel!
After having burned 3 tanks, an injector remained stuck open salty!
On Golf and VW the filter is on the suction it makes the passage through the filter even more painful.

Andre
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/08/06, 05:41

Bonjour.
I just doubled the size of the exchanger and I won only 5c or 58c at 130kmh continuous,
I think it will be difficult with a small exchanger to climb to 75c, I reach more than 70c only with the engine warm at idle
low consumption.
I begin to understand why the oily install an electric auxiliary heating, the last 10 degrees are not attainable with the water of the engine.
to maintain an ideal temperature of 75 c for oil walking, I think you have to think of something other than just the engine water.

Andre
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/08/06, 09:46

Andre wrote:to maintain an ideal temperature of 75 c for oil walking, I think you have to think of something other than just the engine water.

Andre

Hi André (and the others),

And a copper coil around (or better: in) the exhaust manifold (of the pantone heater type), wouldn't that heat better?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding