Hydraulic motor: details.

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
marc426
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hydraulic motor: details.

by marc426 » 11/06/06, 13:57

Hello everyone, while surfing a site of hydraulic motors: http://www.rineer.com/WEBPAGES_2005/HOMEPAGE_PROD.html, I came across flow and pressure curves depending on the speed.
Only here, I don't know anything (everything in its time) in fluids mechanics so I call on your lights:
On the ordinate there is the flow rate in gallons per minute and the pressure in psi decreases. Good apart from the fact that I did not really understand how a supposed incompressible fluid can be pressurized, the flow is it at "atmospheric pressure" or "compressed".

To try to be more concrete: if the curve gives 1gallon per minute of air at 150bar (something like 2000psi) would I need a tank of a gallon at 150bar to rotate it for a minute or will this tank make it run 150 minutes (since I have 150 gallons in it)?

This is surely a very silly question but you have to start somewhere!
@soon

Marc
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 11/06/06, 16:44

an incompressible fluid can be pressurized, but its volume will not vary.
But are you talking about air or incompressible fluid ??

as you present, I would say 1 min
0 x