Help tpe!

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Audrey
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Help tpe!

by Audrey » 27/04/06, 13:07

We want to adapt a petrol and electric motor on a model car. When the electric motor battery is low the gasoline engine takes over and recharges the battery. Our system is intended for people participating in model races.
Do you have an idea about the way and the components allowing us to carry out this project? We have very little knowledge in this area and we are stuck!

If there is any on the forum who are stalled in this area I beg you answer!
thank you in advance

(thanks to forum self escape that graciously redirected me here : Cheesy: )
0 x
PAPAPAPIPAPO
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/06, 13:21

Well, we had a similar discussion quite a few months ago ... I'll try to find you ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/06, 13:32

Good I already found this: https://www.econologie.com/forums/creation-d ... vt817.html

But I find more the subject orginal :?: in all it was from: Anto_GeNyuS_FR

Try to dig a little ...
0 x
Audrey
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Audrey » 27/04/06, 13:46

Ok I'll do that
merci beaucoup :D
0 x
PAPAPAPIPAPO
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 27/04/06, 14:27

Hello Audrey
I can not find either the original subject (he had to have another nickname at the beginning). But in short we must not hope in competition model compete with models with only thermal engine (engine 2 fuel time methanol nitromethane and oil) or electric alone, except in terms of autonomy. I think that in addition it ends up very expensive in parts (given the prices displayed) engine and electronic control. I wonder if the previous project has arrived at terms (more news for several months).
In short it is not easy and it promises a lot of time of development following the expected performance (races?) ....
Speaking of cheap engine model making I saw there is little at Euromodel http://www.euromodel-online.com/
in Paris (93 rue de Bercy) MSI 6,5cc Russian thermal engines (class 38pro) sold at 10 € (instead of 109 €) for helicopter but usable for other models. In this case I took 2 (as needed for parts!) Even if the mark is gone.
Good luck.
Michel
0 x
Audrey
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Audrey » 27/04/06, 16:36

Thank you for all this information, it's always good to know.
Unfortunately for the moment we are only at the theoretical part of the project, we miss to mention the elements that allow to:

- switch on the petrol engine power supply when the battery is low.

- turn off the battery when it is low.

- turn on the battery when it is recharged.

-and turn off the gasoline engine when the battery resumes the relay since it is charged.

we really have no idea .... :|
0 x
PAPAPAPIPAPO
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/06, 17:33

Yes weird ... where did this post go?

Otherwise Audreyn I advise you to advise directly contact Anto_GeNyuS_FR by clicking here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/privmsg.ph ... post&u=947
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 27/04/06, 17:50

Hi Audrey!

Your project is very interesting.
I did a little aeromodelling a few years ago. The thermal engines that were used (increasingly rare nowadays, replaced by the electric one) were started by hand or with an external electric starter connected to a battery of (real) car in 12V.

To my knowledge, the engines of the auto model are started in the same way. I do not know any starter "embedded" in model making, and it seems difficult. So I think that completely cut the engine when you are on the electric seems impossible to me, unless you find or design a starter "embedded" ... but here I ask to see. It is surely much more likely to leave the engine idling when you turn on the electric, but it is obviously less interesting nivo consumption.

At the throttle control, it is sufficient to find an electrical assembly synchronizing the drive of the electric motor with the servo controlling the opening of the woodwork engine. It seems to me feasible with someone who manages well in electronics.

The transmission remains ... either you find / make a clutch system to disengage one engine while you engage the other and vice versa, or you put each engine on different drive wheels. But a clutch system is desirable to be able to disengage the engine not working to avoid that it adds resistant torque (engine brake). It's not an easy problem ...

Finally, a tip: start by doing model shops to already see what is done. There are very varied materials and often quite amazing. And it evolves very fast. Define your general technical guidelines (if you can) and go to sellers to see what is feasible with them. In addition to passionate modelers are often very handy and have many tricks in their bag. And do not hesitate to consider mixing airplane or boat parts with car parts if necessary.

Good luck. And think about passing on the results of your study when it's done. It's always rewarding.
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 27/04/06, 17:54

Oops I made a mistake for the engines, it's MDS! But it's good 10 € ....
Good for the project there is work, the management of a hybrid vehicle is not necessarily simple. I think it would develop a card with a microcontroller (with analog digital converters etc) that monitor the status of the battery (voltage, current, or temperature) and features, but for that it must already choose a type of battery: cheap classic lead but very heavy so no, ie / Nick a little heavy too but very long life very high current possible but large memory effect, Nihm lighter and good characteristics but more expensive obviously, Lithium Polymer very light much more expensive and do not like the strong currents, Lithium Ion a priori good but with substantially the same problems and maybe a little heavier ... (There is even better ceramic based and very powerful but c is still top secret!) These are basically the features.
Best quality Nihm, the best current performance Li-Po.
Another useful product supercapacitors for high accelerations (eg if you have Li-Po, and means!)
After easy is enough to be a development pro with microcontroller!
And to know exactly the desired performances: acceleration, or minimized pollution, or autonomy, or ....?
Michel
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 27/04/06, 18:26

No need for a microcontroller!

There are certainly already some components that manage the battery level in the model shops. The opposite would surprise me a lot.

Why do so complicated?
0 x