"Split" cycle engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

"Split" cycle engine

by Woodcutter » 26/01/06, 12:21

I heard about this in the middle of the 90 years and I just fell back on a website that talked about it, with a link to the "official" (?) Site: http://www.splitcycle.com.au/

Un forumhas Ecology already been interested in this technology?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/06, 12:31

I talked about it in my study on new energies ( https://www.econologie.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=27 ) ... but like all rotary engines I do not really believe in their commercial future ...

We must have strong technological argument to destroy our dear alternative engine ... used in 99,9% of engines in the world ...

And when you see the evolutions made on the alternate engines, start again from 0 (except precisely revolutionary engine but do not go back ... cf a certain .pdf : Lol: ) Is unthinkable ... not to mention industrial inertia (material investment but also human, for example, all training should be reviewed ...) ...

Brief of the dream on the paper all this even if sometimes protos exist ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/01/06, 13:40

Well, I'm going to reread your study ... : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/06, 13:46

There was not much about this engine ... just a brief presentation (obviously I did not say the analysis I just made before)
0 x
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 26/01/06, 23:51

Econology wrote:There was not much about this engine ... just a brief presentation (obviously I did not say the analysis I just made before)

well if there are too many moving parts in this thing ...... pay your carnage if a pete element ........... and the detail KI-TU is this reliable all this ??? not that I detract this engine but it is still a Swiss watch with all these gears logic that "mechanical mechanics simple reliable" (finally the logic of the old rogues champions of the pasta lapping and blood)

I prefer a wankel type or rather a "renesis" of RX7 or8 ... much easier when even : Cheesy:

here voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/01/06, 10:06

He was talking about the content of his study, not the mechanics of Split! : Lol: : Cheesy: : Wink:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/01/06, 22:08

More info ...

Looking for a bit, I came across this site: http://membres.lycos.fr/splitcycle/index.htm
which explains the process quite well, but if you are doing well everywhere, you will find at the bottom a quite amusing page which relates an exchange of mail with a former student of a school of mechanical engineers who worked on the subject. .

You will see contradictory opinions, the ex-student burying the technology while his acien prof defends him ... Interesting : Wink:

While searching on the site SCT-II, one sees that a new Australian team took again the name and the technical base abandoned by the former and proceeded to new devellopements.

On this page : http://www.splitcycle.com.au/lastknown/index.html we learn that one of the prototype of these engines apparently participated in the 2001 Shell Eco-Marathon.

Someone would have other info?
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 14/02/06, 21:28

I would be curious to know the performance of such a gas plant.
In my opinion it must not fly high with the friction that implies.
In addition vlà the price made in serie ...
Chai not if you have idea how to make a tooth wheel, I have already done, and ben good courage to industrialize the stuff.
I do not like this engine at all, it's beautiful, but it's anything but a good engine.
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 29/03/06, 11:39

I think the main advantage of this engine is the power to the liter which must be phenomenal because the pistons are small (low inertia) very short stroke (no connecting rod) an engine of modelism equivalent displacement easily turns 25 000 rpm so that the one seen that the race is very short and that there is almost no alternative mobile mass has by the piston itself it must be able to easily go up to 100 000 revolutions / mn (is 20 times more than a motor traditional) or rather pulsations or vibrations since at each go / return of a piston the cam is only one sixth of a turn ...
Plus it's a 2 time so the power per liter is doubled compared to an 4 time
but it is true that it is a gas plant I think the reliability must be at the rendezvous because it does not turn very fast (the speed of the piston is divided by 72 !!!) 5000 has mn pulsations for example it does (5000 / 72) 70 revolutions / min on the motor shaft is almost 1 turn per second the torque must be phenomenal also ....
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]