Cars without brake assist requiring the engine?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Cars without brake assist requiring the engine?

by ggdorm » 08/09/13, 23:21

Hello everybody

I am looking for a listing of diesel cars that are not equipped with a brake assist that requires the operation of the engine. In other words, a car with which I can cut it while driving without losing the brakes. The objective is to test a system identical to that used by the ecoshell marathon team. Can someone give me information?

Currently, I am trying to find out about Citroen AX diesel. The low mass of this car allows extremely low consumption up to 2.9 l / 100 (see: http://www.planete-citroen.com/forum/sh ... p?t=148609). Nevertheless, I think that the braking of it requires the operation of the engine.

Good evening and thank you in advance!

Jérôme
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/09/13, 01:50

I honestly doubt that you find!
it's been decades that the assistance works on the same principle, on all the cars or almost, then to find one which does not have assistance ...

On the other hand, it may be possible to operate the assistance with an electric vacuum pump. To see if the gain is real ...
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 09/09/13, 06:50

Exactly, apparently, there are cars that are equipped as standard with an electric vacuum pump.
I remember that on my old Renault Express, my father was several kilometers in freewheel engine cut!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/09/13, 08:21

Hello
my father was doing several kilometers in freewheel engine cut!

It was then unconscious because, with the engine off, there is no steering assistance or braking assistance. It is necessary to coast the engine idling.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/09/13, 08:36

To my knowledge I saw only one diesel equipped with an electric pump of assistance: 2 / 1992 1993 traveling chrysler XNUMX serie after it disappeared .. And this one came just in complement because that of the motor was weak ... But I have not seen all the diesels of the planet ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/13, 09:47

You know what's the point of using an electric pump?
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 09/09/13, 11:27

On almost all hydropneumatic lemons, the braking and suspension systems are the same, which means that the brake assist works until the pressure has fully fallen, all the deflated spheres. By cons, no power steering.

> Do you know what is the point of using an electric pump?

The brakes work even in case of engine failure ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/13, 12:19

BobFuck wrote:The brakes work even in case of engine failure ...

That yes necessarily but I thought of an answer more ... mmm elaborate?

If this criterion of safety in the event of breakdown was essential for the manufacturers (it is dangerous only in descent / mountain), all the vehicles would be equipped ... which is not the case ...

So there is probably another reason if it was done by some ... but I do not quibble? : Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 09 / 13, 12: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/09/13, 12:37

the electric vacuum pump has no interest in normal use, because the conventional diaphragm vacuum pump consumes negligible energy when the vacuum is complete: it consumes only when there is flow

unlike the hydraulic power steering pump that consumes high power even when it is useless: this makes some good electric pump more economical than the pump driven by the engine

to find a car without brake assist 4 drum brake, because the drum brake had the advantage of requiring less control effort, we could make small truck without brake assisted

since we prefer the disc brake the brake assisted are much more useful

no need to search for a vehicle without an assisted brake: just add an electric vacuum pump

no need to look for a real electric vacuum pump for cars: a big model 12V compressor can do the trick by changing a little valve ... with a pressure switch to stop automatically when the vacuum is sufficient, and leaving the vacuum pump original if it's a diaphragm pump that has a good damper ... beware pallet vacuum pump that is not waterproof when it does not turn

alternative solution take a belt-driven menbrane vacuum pump and mate it to a small electric motor: cheap in recovery but more bulky
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 09/09/13, 12:58

Janic wrote:Hello
my father was doing several kilometers in freewheel engine cut!

It was then unconscious because, with the engine off, there is no steering assistance or braking assistance. It is necessary to coast the engine idling.

I think there was no assisted steering on his Renault Express. Regarding the brakes, on the 2-3 kilometers of descent he was doing, we kept the same braking pressure ... He has not done since he acquired a Kangoo.

I do not think that the electric vacuum pump is interesting for normal use. In fact, I was looking for a vehicle that would be equipped with origin to get rid of its cost (http://www.hoffmancarparts.com/fr/pompe ... __store=fr). The goal is to keep braking, engine off, to reduce its operating time via a few sensors and a small automation.
0 x