Pressurized liquid stove and internal combustion engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
The Passing

Pressurized liquid stove and internal combustion engine

by The Passing » 26/11/05, 12:52

Hello,

I have just purchased a pressurized liquid multi-fuel stove, and I am impressed by its simple operation, but which gives me an idea.

The functioning:

In this type of stove, the liquid fuel (methylated spirits in my case) is put under slight pressure thanks to a small hand pump in the tank.

Then, thanks to a cup placed under the burner in which a little alcohol is burned, the burner head is preheated to start the process, by boiling the alcohol from the head and thus passing it to the state gas in the expansion chamber.

Once the preheating is finished, you open the gas valve and light the stove: superb blue flames come out of the burner!

See the device at work here: http://2oo4.free.fr/Divers/hiker111.jpg

A little test carried out this morning: with methylated spirits ("90 °") this stove allows you to boil a liter of water at 13 ° C in 15 minutes.

The idea applied to the internal combustion engine

Now why not apply this principle to petrol / diesel to burn it in the form of GAS and no longer a liquid (even when vaporized it remains a liquid)?

The result seems quite obvious: complete combustion and savings at the end!

Gasoline or diesel ==> boiler ==> gas ==> engine = savings, ecology :)

What do you think?
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 26/11/05, 16:09

Hello Benoit
I think you are from the younger generation, so ask your father or grandfather if he still lives, how did he do welding before the propane torch existed
There were blowtorch lamps filled with gasoline or alcohol
a small pump to pressurize the tank, a heating cup, the path of the liquid fuel made through a wick then in the hot part of the burner, it only released an adjustable steam with a screw and a beautiful flame.
The stoves that lumberjacks use with naphtha work on the same principle.
He has been trying out all kinds of ways to use fully vaporized gasoline and it's relatively easy, there has been no follow-up.
The reason is that when you send fuel with an indirect injection upstream of the valves or better direct, the evaporation of the droplets lowers the temperature of the mixture and this makes it possible to make engines with higher compression (lower temperature in end of compression less risk of self-ignition)
I installed a fuel heater on my Buick injection as it is under pressure we can heat the fuel with the water temperature without it evaporating, at the time of injection it evaporates instantly, principle refrigeration,

it almost did not save fuel, (not measurable) it just helps in cold weather that's it.

Andre
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 26/11/05, 16:35

hello, we also find this process on model steam boats.
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 26/11/05, 16:37

ah ok, I just saw the photo, I have an old one in the attic, I thought it worked with petroleum
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"