Amelioration is the exhaust with relaxation entonoir

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
marc91
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Amelioration is the exhaust with relaxation entonoir

by marc91 » 05/01/13, 17:19

An invention that I remember seeing the 80 years
it was a boilermaker who had made a simple system
help with escape.
it was an inverted funnel (=> =) put out of the exhaust
by rolling the air into it and causing a suction in the exhaust duct.
this gave the engines greater flexibility, reduced oil consumption and a slight increase in power.
normal pistons no longer had to push the exhaust gases.

in 1983, there were small stainless steel auto accessories stores, and nothing more.

the question is, is there a boilermaker, knowing how to solder the stainless steel that could (against retribution) to me refold a?
0 x
tired of gogo's Greenest
Flytox

Re: improvement to the exhaust

by Flytox » 05/01/13, 17:35

marc91 wrote:An invention that I remember seeing the 80 years
it was a boilermaker who had made a simple system
help with escape.
it was an inverted funnel (=> =) put out of the exhaust
by rolling the air into it and causing a suction in the exhaust duct.
this gave the engines greater flexibility, reduced oil consumption and a slight increase in power.
normal pistons no longer had to push the exhaust gases.

in 1983, there were small stainless steel auto accessories stores, and nothing more.

the question is, is there a boilermaker, knowing how to solder the stainless steel that could (against retribution) to me refold a?

I can see the kind of accessory it was. AMHA, it never had an aesthetic function to make a "big car" kind with 2 rows of cylinder. Regarding the gain in flexibility, consumption, power I do not believe it for a second and I would like someone to give me comparative power curves with and without this accessory .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/01/13, 18:39

Uh the flexibility came rather from the fact that the exhaust pipe was oversized lowering torque at low speeds and not a simple funnel.

Having done a lot of snowmobile testing on 2 time and 4 engine time I can say that the control of the exhaust pressure plays a big role on the engine torque over the rev range and today we find the exhaust valves variable and exhaust system much less restrictive than in the past to precisely allow power over the entire range of regime.

Variable intake valves provide a more balanced air supply to the cylinders while allowing greater turbulence for better air / fuel mixing and better combustion resulting in increased economy.
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 05/01/13, 18:51

If we put a turbo to recover the energy of the exhaust, it's the opposite ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/13, 18:52

do not mix 2 time and 4 time

with a 4 time it is simply necessary that it sort out as easily as possible ... so an output in the box reduces a little the pressure drop rather than a simple exit ... so there is a little something to win

but alas a loudspeaker output greatly increases the sound emission: like a trumpet ... the increase in noise is a disadvantage more serious than the low power gain
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/01/13, 18:55

BobFuck wrote:If we put a turbo to recover the energy of the exhaust, it's the opposite ...

And explain me well why you the ultimate being?
0 x

Alain
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/01/13, 19:00

chatelot16 wrote:do not mix 2 time and 4 time

with a 4 time it is simply necessary that it sort out as easily as possible ... so an output in the box reduces a little the pressure drop rather than a simple exit ... so there is a little something to win

but alas a loudspeaker output greatly increases the sound emission: like a trumpet ... the increase in noise is a disadvantage more serious than the low power gain

It is the same for a 2 engine time that the 4 time, the major difference lies in the fact that the admission is almost at the same time as the exhaust which is more complicated because we must play on the lights. Admission and escape and especially that the pot becomes part of the engine performance which is no longer the case for the latest generation of variable valve motor.
0 x

Alain
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 05/01/13, 19:04

Alain G wrote:
BobFuck wrote:If we put a turbo to recover the energy of the exhaust, it's the opposite ...

And explain me well why you the ultimate being?

lol

Well, with the turbo you earn more than you lose.

Still, the subject is relevant (for example, tacking the chicanes of the pot on a motorcycle increases the power). By cons the biggest loss of load nowadays is the catalytic converter ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/01/13, 19:32

Hello Alain
Alain G wrote:Uh the flexibility came rather from the fact that the exhaust pipe was oversized lowering torque at low speeds and not a simple funnel.

If we are talking about the same accessory, it was just an appendage screwed or tightened on the end of the original pot, the models that I could see were "badly screwed up" to have no venturi effect which could have been suck in the pot and change the backpressure, on the other hand it is prominent, stainless steel or chrome ......

Having done a lot of snowmobile testing on 2 time and on 4 engine time I can say that the control of the exhaust pressure plays a big role on the engine torque over the rpm range ...

+1; The counterpressure is very important on a 2 stroke, less on 4 stroke but always on high power per liter or competition machine. On planplan car a "small" modification is transparent.

.... and today we find the variable exhaust valves and an exhaust system much less restrictive than in the past to precisely allow power over the entire range of speed.

Yes ... a dear technological orgy to make engines much more powerful than it is needed with a very wide range of use without doing better than planplane engines at low speeds. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 05/01/13, 19:57

Hi Flytox!

My last car a Dodge Journey uses Chrysler's famous 3,6 Pentastar liter engine which is among the top ten engines in the world that is capable of a legendary fuel economy and it runs on a 1500 trm speed at 100 km / h with a very high torque as the planes plan engines at low rpm but with the power on demende moreover, it does not have an exhaust nozzle since they are integrated in the cylinder head and thus allows a faster engine warming further decreasing its pollutant impression.

This engine gives 283 hp on the Journey and 305 hp on the Dodge Challenger of my daughter who more aerodynamic consumes less than many Japanese 4 cylinders, I imagine this engine and transmisson 8 speed that will enter into operation on a former dodge intrepid very streamlined and hyper aerodynamic that would make most subcompacts of this world blush at least on the road where weight no longer really comes into play.
:D
0 x

Alain