propeller

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
christ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

propeller

by christ » 02/11/05, 21:59

hello to all, I have just read several poots on the pipes with propeller, here is my question the propeller should it turn?, I have a patrol 2.8l td 6 cyl where should I place the propeller? conbiem of blades should it have? Thank you, see you soon
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/11/05, 22:18

The propeller must be fixed and placed in the air intake manifold, after the carburettor and/or the air filter.

The blades must be made of a fairly thin metal so as not to reduce the intake section too much and have a pronounced angle to create strong turbulence.

The number of blades matters little, 6 or 8 is a number quite frequently cited by those who made it (it's pure soon for me, I've already bought the steel to do it but I'm waiting for the end of my experiments with acetone).

Some used turbocharger turbines salvaged from scrapyards.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/11/05, 02:43

Hello
answer to christ
The material to make the small (turbine) is ordinary steel sheet 1,5mm thick, the blades are 6 in number easier to weld on a small diameter, the blades are straight at the beginning and end with a significant step, overlapping in order to force the air to follow the curve, no chance of going straight, you have to accept a certain loss of filling at full power, but to have good turbulence at medium speed, it's the compromise that must be made, I made dozens of them
on different engine.
What should be remembered is that the number of blades improves performance,
2 and 3 blades is not enough, 6 blades is good 8 blades complicates manufacturing and increases the restriction too much, the angle of the blades reaches 85 degrees as I said above and this does not penalize not much filling.
It is not a propeller, a propeller is too restrictive and the angle of the blades causes a problem (I have a great experience in aircraft propellers)
so it looks like a fixed turbine, which must be solidly built and well anchored in the manifold, only one is enough behind the butterfly
of the accelerator.
To save on fuel, the engine must correct itself, so for the generation equipped with a Lambda probe, there is nothing to do, it corrects itself.
For older carburettor engines, the carb does not know that the combustion is better or that the mixture is more perfect, it always delivers the same ratio, so with a turbulator on these engines you get more power but no savings.
To have an economy with a carburettor it is necessary to be able to impoverish the ratio, either to lower the level in the tank (bend the pallet of the needle) or to change the jet.
I tested this assembly on an old engine with altimetric corrector
(handful of mixture in the cockpit) you can run the engine with leaner mixtures than without a turbulator without the exhaust temperature rising too much, moreover with a turbulator you can lower the ignition advance without losing power, so the combustion is faster. let's say that I don't want to elaborate here on which engine I did the tests...
So you understand why, some who install turbulators do not see any savings. with carburetors.
The easiest is on single-point or computer-controlled multipoint injection engines. or on certain diesel engines with combustion chambers or pre-chamber whose design does not favor turbulence.
Andre
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 03/11/05, 10:12

All right Andre
You have just written us an introductory sheet, and explanations of the turbulence generator, well constructed.
It is written with the hindsight of an experienced man; it's a good clear approach for those interested.
Goods.
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
christ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christ » 03/11/05, 17:45

:rolleyes: thank you for his quick answers, ok so 6 to 8 fixed blades with an angle not too closed, so far I understand on my patrol td6 there is an intercooler, I have a hose that goes from the intake pipe to the intercooler and from the intercooler to the turbo, where do I place the propeller? and the blades in which direction I turn them .a + christ
0 x
Other

by Other » 03/11/05, 18:22

Hello,
You misunderstood you need a very closed angle but less than 90 degrees
The direction of rotation is of little importance, favors the flow for the exhaust outlet depending on the arrangement of the valves, but this has very little influence. for trying both ways.
Andre
0 x
christ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christ » 03/11/05, 20:05

:rolleyes: ok thank you andré :( but for the rest you have an answer a+
0 x
Other

by Other » 03/11/05, 23:51

Hello,
You place the turbine (and not the propeller) in the hose which enters directly into the intake manifold turbulence must be generated, especially when passing the valves and maintain until the end of compression (more difficult to do) it is when you need it the most, at the time of injection or ignition of the spark plug for a gasoline engine. outside of this phase, turbulence is more harmful than helpful.
Andre
0 x
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 04/11/05, 10:34

Hello

is it possible to make this propeller with a very fine aluminum style metal beer cans oops!
I meant cans of fruit juice (too late, unmasked).
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
Other

by Other » 12/11/05, 04:00

hello titus
I have said it several times the turbine must be made in a robust way in a solid material which resists the vibration it must be firmly fixed in the duct, because if it starts to turn it will reach a high speed and destroy, then the engine will swallow the pieces, and you will have won the jockpot.
Do something good, or pass...
If I'm so careful, it's because I had to disassemble
the collector of my V6 engine a turbine started to turn and I couldn't believe to see a 6,2mm axle broken by the rotation and pieces of turbines which eroded the collector while turning, all stuck in front of the inlet valve.
And yet the job was made of steel, all welded with TIG.
You have to think that the air circulates at more than 200kmh in this duct,
it's stormy in there.
Andre
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"