Cleanup of gasoline engines with alcohol to burn?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Cleanup of gasoline engines with alcohol to burn?

by gildas » 06/05/11, 18:29

Hello,

I create this new topic because I think it may interest the world.Après several tests on my mower with a gasoline-alcohol mixture to burn and having observed less smell in the exhaust and less smoke, I made a cloth test.
I taped a rag around the muffler and started spinning for 10 seconds the engine first with the gasoline-alcohol mixture. [10% of alcohol at 90 ° (of which this contains 3% of methanol) and 90% gasoline SP 95]
Then I drained the fuel tank and the carburetor to put gas only, 15 minute later I restart the mower 10 seconds but, the cloth came out black !: shock:

The next day I repeated this test but started with gasoline, then draining the fuel system for the mixture, the result was just as spectacular!

I do not know if it is water contained in alcohol or the action of methanol, but in any case 10% alcohol to burn in a tank depollue more than 10%!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/05/11, 19:43

Your essays are interesting, but AMHA we can not conclude anything like that.

An engine that starts is not at all stabilized in temperature, wealth etc ... Moreover if you have just done a fuel change, there is also air that can ride in the carburetor circuit. The ignition may have trouble lighting it regularly ..... so, conclusions to take with tweezers with what comes out of the exhaust. : Cry: : Mrgreen:

Usually lawn mowers (4 time), this does not smoke masses ...
Can you describe the manipulation?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 06/05/11, 22:05

Hello Flytox, thank you for your interest in my experiences!

So I smoked the 1er test yesterday by starting with the mixture alcohol essence during 10 seconds shows in hand.Starter solicited at maximum.I remove the cloth.After I emptied the tank by tilting the mower, emptied the tank of carbu unscrewing at its base, 15 minute later I restart 10 seconds but using less choke.

Today I did exactly the same operation but starting with gasoline.

Another gasoline-alcohol test at 10% with the 4L on 15 kms:

Excellent test against this test on only 12 kms,
the cloth that interests us is the one on the right without steam:
The right cloth is a bit blackened in the center.
Last edited by gildas the 18 / 06 / 11, 22: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 07/05/11, 09:32

Thank you Gildas.
Experience to reproduce for confirmation.
And what would happen if we added alcohol to burn in diesel instead of SP95?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/05/11, 11:05

To note: today, in France, there is gasoline at the pump which already contains some 10% of ethanol (a priori pure). This is the E10 (for recent vehicles - after 2000, otherwise, this gasoline is corrosive for engines not studied for) ...

For diesel, pay attention to the introduction of non-pure alcohol, because there is then water. It will work for some time, before seizing pumps and injectors probably (on direct injections, these parts are goldsmithing, imagine dosing some micorgrams with each injection, put under very pressure, etc ...). I am not a mechanic, but I strongly recommend the experience!
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 07/05/11, 19:23

Did67 wrote:For diesel, pay attention to the introduction of non-pure alcohol, because there is then water. !

There is, however, aquazole (water emulsion in diesel) ... I do not know if the tests continue and what are the results.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 08/05/11, 10:03

Pfff .... after having done another test in mowing condition on 50 meters, the 2 cloths are resorti identical!: Shock:
Maybe alcohol to burn only acts on pollution if the engine is not in charge or residual effect of alcohol to burn ... now it also requires a high precision in the choice of rags that must be absolutely identical tightened in the same way with similar air humidity and by performing several test.
And what would happen if we added alcohol to burn in diesel instead of SP95?

This gives a milky emulsion to diesel ... even before mixing gasoline with alcohol.
Also note that alcohol 70 ° does not mix with gasoline, which means that gasoline accepts a little water in alcohol.

To note: today, in France, there is gasoline at the pump which already contains some 10% of ethanol (a priori pure). This is the E10 (for recent vehicles - after 2000, otherwise, this gasoline is corrosive for engines not studied for) ...

Bizarre because some internet sources say that the engine initially worked with alcohol.
From 7'00:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asfwAsa13VU

A recent video to convert a vehicle to ethanol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvwvuOsP4T8
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/05/11, 22:52

Gildas wrote:Pfff .... after having done another test in mowing condition on 50 meters, the 2 cloths are resorti identical!: Shock:
Maybe alcohol to burn only acts on the pollution if the engine is not in charge ...

This is what I told you earlier, when the engine is stabilized and warm load, what it does is not reproducible and we can not learn many reliable lessons.

Now it also requires great precision in the choice of cloths that must be absolutely identical tightened the same way with similar air humidity and performing several tests.

The cloth test is a fool of some captains.... in others : Mrgreen: who AMHA have as much sense as to read the future in the coffee grounds ....... The particles are much smaller than the mesh of the fabric, the cloth retains that a tiny part, the one that wants stick well to the cloth according to x indeterminate and unmeasured parameters .... So we can deduce what we want for the needs of the cause ... and find many counter examples to better turn around. : Mrgreen:

On the other hand, what is sure is that the cloth creates a loss of load in the exhaust, which modifies the performances of the engine ... and in particular the carburetion. So the system with the cloth is supposed to measure something that will not be anyway representative of normal operation without cloth ...

Trying to measure pollution is good, to try to find better fuel, but not with a rag. If someone has another idea more effective (without falling into the gas plant : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/05/11, 00:55

: Arrowu: I asked myself the same kind of question since my safrne LPG was stuck in the technical control for pollution in petrol mode.

I found that some smart guys passed their autos only with E85 to improve the result of the pollution.

In digging the question I discovered that different fuels have varying levels of C and H in their composition.

The less C there is in the composition, the less CO and CO2 will be in the exhaust. 8)
The ideal fuel, from this point of view, is hydrogen. :D

I also saw that ETBE was very interesting ...
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 13/05/11, 20:58

I was able to measure the pollution of the 4 L, no improvement with the mixture alcohol-gasoline, however by disconnecting the reniflar pollution down by 80%! This means that the engine consumes oil.:|
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"