StarEngine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
jelupan
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

StarEngine

by jelupan » 09/10/05, 00:20

I continue to suggest to your reflection on bizarre mechanics until they prove their value. Now it is the turn of this motor composed of an off-axis star rotor rotating inside a driven crown, and rotating simultaneously. In fact, if I understood correctly, it is driven by the rotor itself. The set is composed of 2 identical mechanics coupled on the same shaft. One serving as an air compressor (suction and injection), the other as an over-compression, expansion, and gas expulsion chamber. Between the 2, there is a burner which receives the compressed air plus the fuel which ignites before being injected into the expansion chamber where they cause the thrust to animate the whole. This is apparently the principle of the turbo-propeller hijacked in a variable volume mechanism.

http://www.starrotor.com

It too can work with a range of gaseous or liquid fuels and it seems a great economy, But if prototypes have been assembled all the results announced is a hope of the manufacturers! : Unsure:
0 x
simplino
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by simplino » 29/12/15, 19:08

0 x
Pascaltech
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: STARENGINE

by Pascaltech » 03/08/16, 10:36

This principle of compression is used in pumps, such as automotive oil pumps. It would be necessary to know the energy efficiency, since there is a contribution of heat.

The closest and which works, it is the rotary engine, an internal combustion engine with gasoline injection, or the quasiturbine, less known but nevertheless effective: http://quasiturbine.promci.qc.ca/FFIndex.htm

The problem with these motors is the lateral wear of the chamber by the rotors, generating leaks and loss of compression.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/08/16, 11:08

The closest and which works, it is the rotary engine, an internal combustion engine with gasoline injection, or the quasiturbine, less known but nevertheless effective: http://quasiturbine.promci.qc.ca/FFIndex.htm
the quasiturbine has never been produced with a combustion engine and remains more of an experimental type in steam or compressed air mode only.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Pascaltech
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Pascaltech » 03/08/16, 11:39

At the beginning of his presentation, I saw a video of the inventor presenting it in thermal engine configuration, it seems to me, once again used by a chainsaw.

They are heavy against trees in Canada, believe. A Quebecer told me that they have to go and cut the trees very far away, because they have not managed the renewal of the forest.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/08/16, 12:47

At the beginning of his presentation, I saw a video of the inventor presenting it in thermal engine configuration, it seems to me, once again used by a chainsaw.
I am the Quasiturbine experiment, and do not remember a figuration in thermal. We often confuse their literature which gives the (theoretical) advantages that their system would have over other techniques, but apart from this theory, nothing concrete came out in thermics. For the chainsaw, it works with compressed air!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"