OX2-Engine

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
jelupan
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jelupan » 07/10/05, 11:07

While hovering on Google, I found the site of Advanced Engines Technologies Inc. Which manufactures the OX2 engine.
This 8-cylinder mechanical side does not have a crankshaft but the cylinders arranged in a crown drive by push-slide a cam secured to the power transmission shaft! Phew !!

According to the description (in aglais: it's not my strong point!) The power would be more than 6 times that of a conventional engine with any fuel! The advantage of weight and volume is also important but the one I prefer is that of pollution. Its advantage is to reduce the number of moving parts and therefore simplicity.
0 x
claude07
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by claude07 » 07/10/05, 11:25

hummm .. it looks very nice!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/10/05, 12:02

yield?
pollution?
url?
0 x
grouchy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by grouchy » 07/10/05, 12:52

6 times the power :o
It seems a little big because at equal displacement, we probably save space by placing the cylinders in a crown but other than that ???? But you have to know how to sell !!!

The transmission by rotary cam is original and above all simplifies distribution. (plus reduction of belt and camshaft). The shape of the cam optimizes the movements of the pistons and we can therefore move away from the traditional sinusoidal curves of volume variation. And this is +.

But I cannot visualize what can happen at the level of the contact between the connecting rod (or what remains of it = extension of the piston) and the cam which will transmit the movement to the shaft. I am afraid that the wear and tear at this level will quickly become problematic. I am also bothered about cooling.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/10/05, 12:55

6 times the power of what? compared to a 4tps engine with equal displacement? that?

performance is not power ...

And personally I have finished dreaming: I do not believe in the future of unconventional engines ... the 4tps alternative engine has been the subject of so much R&D that there is little hope that another replaces it before the end of oil except specific application ... Sorry ...
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 07/10/05, 15:48

Everything is here: http://www.ox2engine.com/product.htm
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/10/05, 19:24

Ah well here it was can be started with that! :)

See this 2 suite
0 x
grouchy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by grouchy » 07/10/05, 19:34

econology wrote:And personally I have finished dreaming: I do not believe in the future of unconventional engines ... the 4tps alternative engine has been the subject of so much R&D that there is little hope that another replaces it before the end of oil except specific application ... Sorry ...

I quite agree econology. The problem is not only in engine efficiency.
As for the automobile, you have to think about integration into the rest of the mechanics and deviate too much from the usual specifications and formats are too expensive. It is necessary to be able to market homologate, etc ...
No manufacturer wants to rethink the entire vehicle.
The builders are very conservative, business forces, you just have to see all the concept cars that remain in the museum while everyone seems nevertheless enthusiastic about the presentation.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/10/05, 19:51

Here it is well summarized ... to impose an "unconventional" engine should have very important advantages compared to conventional engines (efficiency at least doubled ... for example)

Hence the interest (but apparently not for manufacturers ...), once again, of the pantone process which adapts to existing engines!
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"