Diesel hydraulic motor car / pantone

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
lolus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Diesel hydraulic motor car / pantone

by lolus » 01/05/10, 05:17

As a design engineer and art project my uncle had made a 4L 4X4 4L with XNUMX motor / water wheel about 30 years ago.
The hydraulic pump is powered by the original engine

Advantage:
Flexible to drive, very torquey at low speed no gearbox

Incomvenient: Limited speed of its 4L conssomation more elevated may be due to the pressure drop and average yields.

I throw an idea (not be so if we already had) but may be be interesting to think about a car meharie type for example with a small diesel engine 3 cyl mini excavator type (conso low: 3 or 4litre hour and power 26CV) feeding a hydraulic pump (the original one of a minipelle for example because dimensioned for the engine) and with 2 hydraulic motor and of course a system pantonne which I think would be very effective on a motor of this kind due to a nearly constant engine speed that would be adjusted to its best performance and more

Little be that with all this it will be able to make a nice car to drive and which conssomerrai little ??? what do you think?
Personally I will not because other project but I think it's an idea to dig, to experiment
0 x
Projéthée
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Projéthée » 01/05/10, 11:49

The idea seems interesting in theory. For the practice some disadvantages appear quickly. The 1e thing that annoys me is what you consume even when stopped or at very low load. The system will work together with electrical or pneumatic hybridization or otherwise to create a buffer of available energy. This will further regulate the engine speed over a small range of variation. But what about the cost price of the whole and its relevance compared to the best current solutions? Hydraulics are expensive and not free of maintenance. When to lightness, we saw better.
0 x
micdhi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by micdhi » 02/05/10, 21:30

good evening:
the hydraulic motorcycle exists and it rolls to 130km
the car is less on, but can be:
the Honda motorcycle:

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/ ... ssion-hft/

the car and there are several videos on the subject ingocar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzabH-rBPqI