Vacuum point on Volkswagen 1600 diesel engine

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
erikotiti
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Vacuum point on Volkswagen 1600 diesel engine

by erikotiti » 24/11/09, 21:47

Hello,

I return to the site for the Pantone engine after a long period of absence.
I would like to ask you a question: where to find the vacuum point of the engine suction of my volkswagen transporter 1600 diesel?
I have already tried it out but I haven't been able to find it:
- 1st test; I put a hose under the air filter in the air filter block
- 2nd test: I connected this pipe to 4 other small pipes to go to each air inlet of the
pistons
- 3rd test: I put only a small pipe at the air inlet of the air filter
- 4th test: I connected the 4 pipes of the 2nd test to 4 venturis put on the 4 pistons

But alas there is no depression. By putting only a jar filled with water whose air intake is through a hose that goes to the bottom of the jar and at the outlet of the jar a hose that goes to the filter air, there is no bubbling.

For a gasoline engine, with this jar whose outlet is connected under the carburetor with this small pipe there is much bubbling (therefore depression).

Is there a solution for diesel engines with these 4 engine air inlets in the filter
air going directly to the cylinder head?

I can not send you these 2 photos on this site

See you soon, cordially ERIC
0 x
erikotiti
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

vacuum point on a 1600 diesel engine

by erikotiti » 24/11/09, 21:55

how to send you these 2 photos?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/11/09, 22:11

Hello erikotiti

You can create a depression in the intake manifold by putting an obstacle in it, for example after the air filter. You can try with a sheet that leaves a passage for air with a diameter of about 20 mm, you put your pipe downstream of course. Normally the vacuum should increase with engine speed. Attention, with this system, it is no longer necessary to accelerate fully because there will no longer be enough air at full capacity and this will significantly increase pollution, soot, CO particles, unburnt etc ... It is only for plan use plan : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/11/09, 22:18

Just under the window for entering your message, you have "Insert an image or a file ..." click here. When you have chosen your image, it will return as a line of "code" that you copy / paste into your message.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

erikotiti
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by erikotiti » 25/11/09, 06:18

here are the 2 photos
the air filter is the black box which is on the far left of the engine

0 x
erikotiti
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by erikotiti » 25/11/09, 06:27

hello flytox

the problem as you can see, I have 4 intake manifolds
place of a
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/11/09, 19:24

You can make the restriction of which I speak to you on the rubber hose (bottom left of the photo) which feeds your quadruple collector. You should have an equivalent depression for the 4 cylinders.
For better performance, it would be better to make the restriction with a venturi (less aerodynamic braking and more vacuum)
equal diameter.

In any case, you have to look at the system as a whole. If you have an EGR valve, changing the flow / pressure in the intake manifold will change its operation / flow.
A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 25/11/09, 23:35

Hi erikotiti and welcome to econology :P

you would not correct the title of your thread?

Hi Flytox, head in the engines, one more day, greet your mill from me : Lol:

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
erikotiti
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by erikotiti » 26/11/09, 06:16

Hi Lietseu

I saw that I had made a mistake in the title after confirming the subject, but it was too late.
Do you know how can I fix it?
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 26/11/09, 15:57

2 solutions, you open your first message and you see if it doesn't open, at the same time, the title, well the second it's simple you SHOULD HELP CHRISTOPHER !!! : Cheesy:

And since he's great, he'll fix it in 10 "...

Meow

:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...