Instant steam generator

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Instant steam generator

by laurent.delaon » 10/10/05, 17:03

Bonjour,

I'm thinking about Andre's pb that's what I think:

His pb come from the fact that when his engine is hot beyond a certain threshold it vaporizes
too much water.
And it happens in the firebox, vaporizes the fuel but there is too much steam
and it no longer works for the thermodynamic cycle.

To overcome this it is enough I think to fix the flow of water to spray using a small
flow reducer set to 1_l / h eg, I rely on the observations of Martz.

My remark remains valid in all cases of diesel doping with water, it also responds
to the remark of andre who observes that it works miieux when the engine pulls a
trailer for example. Indeed the engine heats more and steam is hotter vaporizes better the diesel without being in excess.
This both proves that it is necessary to heat the steam better.
This indicates why the tractors work well the large gas flow heats better.

So it is possible I think to vaporize the steam directly and anvoyer in the air intake, provided you control the flow of entry.

From the one must be able to simplify the said reactor in a simple system of production of hot vapor.
(no carbu plus rod etc but jex stainless steel stamp for example)

I do not have anything to verify what I advance, but I think it's fair because we can explain
all cases meet with this remark.

In meca more it's simple better it works.

What do you think about it?

Lawrence.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/10/05, 02:38

Hello Laurent
I thought like that this spring, but since a lot of tests tell me that I was wrong, it is not the steam that the engine needs, but super small drops, so small drops that it is invisible.
I also thought that it was necessary to heat it with cotton, another mistake,
if the engine forces and there is a lot of heat involved in the reactor
it must give him more drops and more air, for that a bubbler filled his functions well it always gives a saturated air little or much but always close to saturation, we can reproduce that with a carburetor
but more delicate to adjust it becomes easy to exceed the saturation, so with the carburettor is better to put less water.
The consumption of 1 liter at the time is only a reference for very specific conditions, the consumption of the reactor depends only on the temperature that the exhaust generates from the requested power to the engine, the product air and water that pass into the reactor must be in a proportion so that the reactor does not go down too low and do not become excesive temperature.
The only reference that I currently know is the reactor's steam output temperature, called this as you want gas get, steam,
or? I do not know, what comes out of the inside I just know that it must have a certain temperature for it to work (well) and I do not know exactly yet what is the ideal, but I know it's not is not high temperature ...
Andre
0 x
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 24/10/05, 11:07

Hello

I had already thought about the system "burner on echapement", instead of doing
drop the drops directly on the very hot points of the echap it would be
may be possible to drop them upstream from this point and from
let it slowly approach the hot zone (for example by gravity
on a leaning pot) which would allow rather a "slow vaporization" than
"quick boiling" we can also consider flattening the pot in
this area to increase the trading surfaces.
When you spread a drop of water on a pot just lukewarm you get
that it dries at a great speed V it is a little that principle that I wanted to communicate.
starting from the pricipe of an engine consuming 3,6 the time it gives
1cc per second is more or less 20 drops not seconds (1cc water = 20
drops, 1 cc of blood = 15 because more viscous) for use 50 ° / ° water and 50 ° / °
fuel that gives 10 drops of chq per second, on a pot I think that the flow is not too high and the pot can spray them easy.

what do you think? thank you
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 24/10/05, 22:55

Bonjour à tous
I discovered your idea of ​​generator of instant steam very interressants I had myself thought but a priori should not bring water to the boil according to the ideas develop by M David on Quant'homme.com but without knowing why . Andre seems to have paid the price. It's a shame because as your world knows, the main problem to solve in the water doping system is that the liquid is incompressible and the water vapor seemed to be ideal.
0 x
jonsmit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jonsmit » 24/10/05, 23:55

HI, a phase change system evaporator cooling a computer CPU. the liquid evaporates in contact with the hot base maximized surface and cools at the outlet.
moreover, could the rod of the reactor be fluted, ridged, etc. to increase the exchange surface.
0 x
all with oil in the wind in the sun at the ptits zoiseaux if there is better it's all good
Other

by Other » 25/10/05, 04:08

Hello,

The initial heat in the reactor comes from the exhaust gases of the engine, through the walls of the reactor, the one on the stem, I still wonder how it becomes so hot, what is smooth or frosted or threaded rod or of differrent diameter it becomes hot ...
yet it is splashes of water that rubs on it, and in logic it evaporates or disintegrating it should cool the stem ...
But in practical reality we can only see that the stem becomes blue and even gray black at its release.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 25/10/05, 06:11

Attention for a cooler CPU is used refrigerant that evaporates at atmospheric pressure is not the case of water. The temperature and pressure exerted are small. That night I thought of the steam coming out of the valve of a pressure cooker. The problem is that it is necessary to wait to produce enough pressure before entering the famous valve. On the other hand, the gas formed would be saturated with moisture.
0 x
jonsmit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jonsmit » 29/10/05, 10:25

instead of having a single rod, a multichannel block inside a chamber allowing the circulation of the exhaust gas to heat the channels over the entire periphery.
0 x
all with oil in the wind in the sun at the ptits zoiseaux if there is better it's all good
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 29/10/05, 11:45

The term vapor may indicate 2 different realities:
- the vapor visible as a white smoke (for example, clouds), formed by tiny droplets of liquid water suspended in the air.
- water vapor in the gaseous state, having all the properties of a gas, and completely invisible.
Pantone needs water in the gaseous state (no gaseous water, hihi) and not in the liquid state.
If the water of the bubbler starts to boil, it is vapor in the form of droplets that reaches the Pantone. He does not like. The transformation of the droplets into gas can be done in the reactor, but will consume so much heat that the reactor becomes inoperative. To avoid then.
It may be advantageous to place the reactor higher than the bubbler, so that any droplets of water can condense in the pipe and return to the bubbler instead of reaching the reactor.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 29/10/05, 21:34

I do not quite see why putting the reactor higher will avoid drops of water. The gravity will work for big drops, maybe, but as the motor creates a depression in the piping, anyway, everything is sucked. The bubbler is hermetic motor creates the vacuum above the water, the steam is sucked and a part condenses on the walls of the bubbler.
0 x