How to ride with e85 with old carburetor engine

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
yc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How to ride with e85 with old carburetor engine

by yc » 17/09/08, 17:12

have a 1976 mazda with 10hp regular leaded petrol engine with double carburetor
that I want to recirculate with e85 (if possible)
I would like to know if I can put e85 if modification how to do
the case is intended for injection so I think we need to put more ahead
Questions/
the fuel should we put more wealth
why should you drain after 1000kms
can i also run on sp95 unleaded petrol without danger of breakage
knowing that before I drove with ordinary leaded
some tell me that yes, that the lead additive is pipo (source of collector of old car that they drive without)

Thank you for your reply

0 x
Tiboshadow06
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tiboshadow06 » 13/12/08, 19:59

Driving on E85 on this kind of car is almost mission impossible, the engine's life will be shortened, I am finally good so that there is as little risk of breakage as possible I would say that the fuel inlet hoses by aviation hoses. For the cylinder heads I know that for the old Americans there are "reinforced" cylinder heads allowing you to run unleaded instead of super safely, that must exist for this mazda. Then still on the American there are carburetors with an anti-corrosion treatment specially designed for ethanol, you have to inquire! It is also necessary to carry out tests by bathing certain fragile parts (carburettor float for example) in ethanol for a while to see if a reaction does not occur which could wear them out! Then carburetor and ignition adjustment are mandatory, but on this side I know nothing at all, as regards the additional boxes I am skeptical about their reliability ...

Between the E-85 and the SP95 they both have negative points on the ecological side, the E2 may be better to use but in terms of manufacturing it is an ecological disaster, whatever '' regardless of the fuel used, the engine efficiency must be improved to reduce consumption as much as possible (lighten the car, install a WITH)

Hoping to have been useful ...
0 x