Discovery Engine Pantone

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
slipper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Discovery Engine Pantone

by slipper » 25/04/07, 08:17

Hello,

I land on this site so I ask questions a little boat and especially I think that looking well I find answers on this site but to verify that I understood correctly:

- the pentone engine is a "tampered" engine which allows the heat which comes out of the exhaust to be reused to heat the water which is reinjected into the engine?
- which reduces fuel consumption from 30 to 50% (petrol or diesel?)
- anyone can do it at home
- but it's not easy to develop
- but it works ...
- why do not we hear more about it (oil lobby?)

I just did not understand anything?

as my husband loves mechanics, I would like to challenge him to do one if I understood everything well ...
Thank you for your lights!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/04/07, 13:35

:? It is more or less that...

Most of the answers are already on this site, good reading.

For the results, 50% is excessive, or so starting from a "flushed" engine which overconsumes. :?

Full of pictures of achievements it's about Quanthomme

"Heating water" is not entirely correct ...
The reactor produces poorly known effects (ionization, cracking, reforming ...) except for certain industrial laboratories (petrochemicals) which exploit them in various forms on a large scale in their industrial processes.
The challenge of the "Pantoneurs" (inventor: Paul PANTONE) consists in reproducing these phenomena on gasoline or diesel engines.
And that's a lot more complicated ... :|
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/04/07, 13:42

oups, citro, you've been faster than me: plenty of good does not hurt:

Hi babouche, welcome, let's work with order and method:

- the pentone engine is a "tampered" engine which allows the heat which comes out of the exhaust to be reused to heat the water which is reinjected into the engine?

not exactly, it is to recover heat and exhaust gases to reinject them in the form of a gas, mostly water vapor, into the intake.

-
which reduces fuel consumption from 30 to 50% (petrol or diesel?)

Soft ! on some particularly greedy engines, some have succeeded. You will certainly not get the same proportion on an ultra new and already economical engine.

- anyone can do it at home

if he is a good welder, probably

- but it's not easy to develop

each car has its own problems, including the space available in the right place

- but it works ...

if it's done in the rules

-
why do not we hear more about it (oil lobby?)

that's a good question:
- it's not always easy to develop.
- some will shout daredevil: "inject water into an engine"
- you still do not believe that the professionals of the automobile will advocate this DIY bazaar when they have invested billions (and earn billions) to study and market crdi, fap, etc ...
As for the oil lobbies, the more they wait, the more they will be able to sell expensive "black gold" and substitute solutions.

and as for the journalists, the 3 / 4 of the time they only hinder slab to the process, and when they speak about it they say almost anything!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Discovery Pentone engine

by I Citro » 25/04/07, 16:35

babouche wrote:- why do not we hear more about it (oil lobby?)!

Whether governmental, industrial (manufacturers and equipment manufacturers) or oil, the Lobbies are major obstacles to progress! : Evil:

We know how to make a car that consumes 2 liters per 100, (some individuals tinker with it themselves) but we prefer to continue to market outdated technologies on which we put, like patches on an old tire, very polluting "depolluting" systems. The catalyst, for example, has increased the consumption of cars and emits very harmful pollutants. this accessory brings a lot to the entire automotive industry. Pantone has none of these advantages, only consumers and the planet would benefit from it ... :x
0 x
Christophe

Re: Discovery Pentone engine

by Christophe » 25/04/07, 16:58

citro wrote:Lobbies are major obstacles to progress !!! : Evil:

I think the next 5 years of Sarkozy's presidency will further strengthen the powers and ways of blocking lobbies ... : Evil:
0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 25/04/07, 21:25

I also think that Christophe and it freaks me !!!!! : Evil:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/04/07, 21:47

lobbyist:

I learned tonight that every session of the european parliament in strasbourg was moving - among other things - 1000 lobbyists!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/04/07, 00:02

I seem to have read that when a MEP gets up he has 5 lobyists to follow him ... and try to get him to his cause ...
Finally, the European Parliament is surrounded by large buildings proudly displaying on their facades the names of the multinationals who host their lobbyists ...
0 x
slipper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by slipper » 26/04/07, 07:19

and ecological lobbies, that does not exist?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/04/07, 07:49

very little: a lobbyist, it is a person who has an address book, a nice car, lodges in a nice hotel not to look bad, of the conversation (so, bac + 5), knows several languages, knows lunch: dear all here!

as the ecology does not represent interest of multinational or federated companies, except perhaps in the treatment of the waste (it seems that it is a true Mafia) ... : Cheesy:

5 Lobbyist for 1 MP: Be careful, a lobbyist can serve several MPs.
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"