Pantone - scaling - steam or water mist?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
david29
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pantone - scaling - steam or water mist?

by david29 » 08/02/07, 20:32

Hello one or two questions

- we have never spoken, unless I am mistaken, of the risk of scaling of the welded part on the exhaust ?? or use rain water? Is there a risk?

- in the process we seek to produce steam? but what difference is there between vapor and mist? I say because I read early that one of us had used a nozzle for model painting. So if you only want to get a mist of water why not use the nozzles of the devices installed in the summer on the terraces of cafes?

last info I read here: http://www.techniques-ingenieur.fr/ , that the GO steam mixture could go up to 50%. What do you think, I am preparing a copy for you.

Kénavo
0 x
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: Pantone - scaling - steam or water mist?

by bob_isat » 08/02/07, 20:43

david29 wrote:Hello one or two questions

- we have never spoken, unless I am mistaken, of the risk of scaling of the welded part on the exhaust ?? or use rain water? Is there a risk?

- in the process we seek to produce steam? but what difference is there between vapor and mist? I say because I read early that one of us had used a nozzle for model painting. So if you only want to get a mist of water why not use the nozzles of the devices installed in the summer on the terraces of cafes?

good idea !!

The bubbler creates a fog. the finer it is, the more there is a large contact surface with air when passing through the reactor.

The finer the mist, the more of the water that is vaporized at the outlet of the reactor. (+ drops are small, the larger the liquid-air heat exchange surface)

Water in liquid form is useful to increase power and reduce NOx but to reduce consumption, everything seems to indicate that water vapor is needed. (its degree of electrification depending on its pH)

for the passage of engineering techniques, we look forward to it !!
0 x
david29
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by david29 » 09/02/07, 07:33

Hello

for the techniques of the engineer no problem but I prefer to discuss it by MP because I have access by my job !!!

Kénavo
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/07, 11:04

Very interesting subject but beware of copyright please ... no IT dissemination on the forum (except very short extract).
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 09/02/07, 13:51

Of course you have to use rainwater, it is not only free (we are going to ride with bottle eua! : Cheesy: ) but it is naturally acid, without minerals ...

I will not talk about the rain of radioactive clouds ...
0 x