The best possible water spray

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

The best possible water spray

by PITMIX » 16/11/06, 23:27

Hello
In perpetual search for improvement of the system of doping with the water of an engine, I seek to find a better means, than the use of a fuel of moped, to pulverize water.
There is of course the bubbler but it takes up space.
I connected a windshield washer pump to a water sprayer nozzle for gardening and got a very good spray of water.
The only problem is that the first few millimeters of the spray form drops of water.
I also tried with a paint sprayer. The result is very good but the end piece being made of plastic it is very inconvenient to make a solid mechanical connection.
I'm going to try a paint sprayer soon, or even an airbrush tip.
Some people use car gasoline injectors, but this is not a bad idea for a beginner.

The goal of the game is to make a good spray for cheap in the simplest way possible and with space-saving equipment.
If someone has ideas or more experience ...
Last edited by PITMIX the 17 / 11 / 06, 20: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/11/06, 05:12

Hi Pit

Almost all systems even the sophisticated ones, carburetor, injection spraying, make drops
more or less large and even sometimes they are fine at first, but because of the lack of depression or velocity they stick together, or apparently condenses in the duct if it is badly sized.
Certain carburetor with an emulsion tube approaches the bubbler
Many petrol engines have been tested with the same carburetor and in some cases it worked badly (too poor) just because of the manifold and it was petrol, imagine with water.
When you use a carburetor or injection, the drops of water must hit a hot surface with a certain velocity not to evaporate, but to fragment, the panton does nothing but that it is a drip mill, it breaks the drops at their finest expression, (the few large harmful drops you will not be able to detain them they will pass in the reactor, but if everything is very hot it will not succeed in drowning it)

But if you want to do cheap with almost nothing, place a felt at the entrance of the panton intake duct and let the soak of water suck through it, it must remain wet, but not soaked, a drip provides the system. the small draft seeks to dry the felt

I tried this by comparison to a small simple carburetor with suction the difference is minimal, I returned to the simple carburetor, the regulation is easier it takes its water according to the depression in the admission thus more the engine forces more it gets depressed and the more it takes water, at low speeds it is not strong enough to suck water, you just have to find the right level of the tank and have a certain length of chamber before arriving on the rod, or in your case it is a heating pipe before entering the reactor should suffice.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 17/11/06, 06:59

Ok thank you for this information.
So a felt and a drip would be enough to have something correct that is really very simple to do.
An aquarium tap or a small roller clamp for the tube (bought in pharmacies) with a syringe needle will do the trick.
What I like about the water carburetor is the simplicity of use but what is even better with the small windshield washer pump is that it can be switched on with a simple switch and then a small circuit electronic can make it self-regulating. Increase in flow depending on the load, intermitance of water injection.
All this in order to make the system autonomous.
The small venturi water carburetor is also very effective but as the air is sucked and not blown into the venturi it seems to me that the water does not spray in the same way.
I think I'm going to make a new venturi carburetor with PVC threaded rod and a very fine syringe needle.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/11/06, 13:05

Here are some pictures the water is pushed by a windshield washer pump:
In comparison, here is what the spraying of gasoline from an injector gave on the assembly of Guidi

Main difference over the first few millimeters the water remains liquid.

Here is the spraying of water with a small wheel rotating at 10000 rpm from Michelm

Last edited by PITMIX the 30 / 11 / 06, 11: 20, 2 edited once.
0 x
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 18/11/06, 14:40

Hello!
pitmix with a water pressure you can put a perfume mister I have experience with the needles of infusions mist is finer but you have to have the pressure of the turbo or an air reserve
here are some pictures, see in my gallery
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/11/06, 16:06

Hi Binbins4
Actually I just did water misting tests but as you say it needs air.
In the previously cited experiments, I did not take into account the suction created by the engine at the inlet of the reactor.
I simulated the suction of the reactor in a transparent plastic bottle with a vacuum cleaner and I observed the size of the water drops.
1)The garden sprayer is very good but the quantity of water is too large. I do not know if reducing the speed of the windshield washer pump will be better (to be improved :? )

2)Home made water carburetor gives drops that are a little too big but the quantity is not huge (rather satisfactory result if the drops are heated before the reactor enters : Cheesy: )

3)Mob fuel gives almost nothing, it should be plugged after only 200km of use (bad : Evil: )

4)The syringe needle gives a very good spray thanks to the vacuum. The flow can be reduced to give very little water (very satisfactory result :D )

For the moment the easiest way to spray water is the garden sprayer, but if we take into account the suction of the reactor then the syringe needle becomes ideal.
It is then sufficient to connect a small electronic module to vary the speed of the pump and or the frequency of the pulses.
I found two small electronic modules that could be suitable (to be confirmed by the electronics experts):
Type MK-111 for the first and K2570 for the second at www.electronic.fr
Otherwise directly at Velleman
Power supply 5 to 14Vdc 1A
adjustable interval timer
DC voltage to pulse converter
Last edited by PITMIX the 18 / 11 / 06, 19: 24, 2 edited once.
0 x
zac

by zac » 18/11/06, 18:08

hi pitmix z'é the others

a simple needle in a metal buffer to enter the reactor + a reduced pipe so as to have 13/15 drops minute it works.

at slowdown the water flows on the ground and the pantone does not cool too much, as soon as you accelerate the fleet diffuses into the metal buffer and it is impeccable for the reactor.

so why bother with complicated systems !!!!

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/11/06, 18:23

Actually what you say is the equivalent of the small water carb that I made.
I hadn't tried to put a buffer between the water carburetor.
The electronic system above all makes it possible to make the settings very precise and modular independently.
But it is certain that the small water carburetor is more than enough and costs almost nothing. The experience results above show this clearly.

Carbu water made at home.
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/11/06, 18:42

Hello
zac wrote:hi pitmix z'é the others

a simple needle in a metal buffer to enter the reactor + a reduced pipe so as to have 13/15 drops minute it works.

at slowdown the water flows on the ground and the pantone does not cool too much, as soon as you accelerate the fleet diffuses into the metal buffer and it is impeccable for the reactor.

so why bother with complicated systems !!!!

@+

Yes I forgot to specify the tanpom below so that if there is an excess of water it flows outside not in the reactor! I thought everyone understood the old carburetor (not reversed) below, like on airplanes you can't drown the engine, if there is a flow and even it is expected in case of a pierced float that it sinks by a conduit under the hood, the regulation is done by the suction in the reactor, (I prefer the felt with the metallic sponge, it is necessary all the same to allocate a certain surface not to make the restriction and that acts as air filter.
I have not found big differences between the different sytémes, it is always dosing water and we tend to be too much water. simplicity and a first criterion in our montages. it must also be durable, not every day cleaning small holes restricted passage of water, or hard water.

Andre

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/11/06, 19:17

Andre wrote:simplicity and a first criterion in our montages. it must also be durable, not every day cleaning small holes restricted passage of water, or hard water.

Andre

It is true that the simpler it is to do the easier it is to repair.
The proof my house water carburetor is better than a Dell 'Orto carburetor.

By cons on the Super 5 my electronic control system is great. I don't care about anything other than the light on the dashboard.
In the end I find it almost perfect and it could be marketed as such.
The only problem comes from the water nozzle which is smaller than an insulin needle. The only way to avoid the butcher would be to use demineralized water in conditions worthy of laboratory experience.
Last edited by PITMIX the 30 / 11 / 06, 11: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"