Water injection in engines: 2 new items

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

Water injection in engines: 2 new items

by Christophe » 01/08/06, 17:28

2 releases new articles (inspired by an American dragster website : Shock:) concerning the injection of water into engines:

"In short" : https://www.econologie.com/injection-d-e ... -3093.html

"Essential points": https://www.econologie.com/l-injection-d ... -3094.html

It must remain a few small leaves ... I read again later after reading your reactions ...
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 13: 07, 1 edited once.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 01/08/06, 19:26

Hello

This confirms the observation that I made with panton doping with water on gasoline engine, we can walk with a poorer mixture than without panton (Currently on the Lambda probe I walk with 10 values ​​millivolts normally for ratio 14,7 this gives 450 millivots and full rich that goes up to 900 millivolts.
Whether on a carburetor or injection engine or a small engine 125cc is the same observation, by depleting the wealth we gain power, the engine is slightly colder, breech and oil, no noticeable differrence on the temperature in the exhaust gases.

As for a mixture alcohol water, with a panton on a petrol engine. water alone is more advantageous, on a diesel a mixture water alcohol there is a small gain and (I do not know why? the tests were done in cold periods frost condition)

On a big gasoline engine you feel more the effect of water when you ask for maximum power.

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/08/06, 20:27

:D Ach! chai read the article on inchection tun mélanche tans water-alcohol engines you afions our skins! It's still tommâche you have to put water you tans schnapps!

Now che gomprends afons why we lost the war!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Macpherson
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Macpherson » 01/08/06, 22:07

andré,
to my knowledge an engine that works with a poor mixture heats a lot + with a normal mix see rich.
look at the candles of a gasoline engine when the mixture is poor ...
ca vallu a cylinder head gasket on an AX, we had reduced too much pollution : Cry:

after in a pantone engine I do not know how it works,
but I can confirm my theory with gasoline direct injection engines, which heat a lot,
for example a citroen HPI engine: the exhaust manifold was red in slow motion, a few minutes after start.

(I only do it by my acquaintances)
long live the water !!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/08/06, 22:12

Exact, from where the interest of a internal cooling motor ... by water injection!

But it's been a long time since all this is known ( https://www.econologie.com/injection-d-e ... -3095.html ) and if our decision makers had wanted to develop it it would have been done for a long time ... and I'm not sure that our discussions and research are used for anything ... :|

It is necessary to use the same name and too bad for the rest ...
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 13: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 01/08/06, 23:37

Andre, if I am not mistaken the voltage of ~ 20 mv corresponds to the lambda value in the range 1.3-1.5. These values ​​seem very promising in a tank or gasoline engine lacking Pantone could never have run properly.

So, if you induce the lambda value offset at your ECU (easy with Innovate's LC-1) you'll have nice fuel economy in perspective.

cordially : Cheesy:
0 x
Other

by Other » 02/08/06, 02:56

Hello,
As I already explained in other post it's been a few years since I had noticed this!
In my first experiences with a small 125 cc engine
I walked in 100% panton with a generating charge, 12volts
The reactor is powered by a small model carburetor.
At steady state and load, I adjust the wealth to the limte not to lose power, I let roll an 10 minutes later
I send water (not too much) with a fogger or a bubbler, the engine speed does not change, at that moment we can screw the aim of wealth (deplete the carburetor and without losing power) we leave running an 15 minutes, then we cut off the water the engine loses power, we must go back to the original adjustment. These settings are even more significant when running an explosion engine with fuel oil.

For a while, I thought the water was bringing in fuel, but now I know that it improves combustion and it makes it possible to walk poorer, than what the theory has taught us is the 1 / 15 ratio. is not pouring in the cement.
Those who have installed pantons on gasoline engines whether it is a carburetor, or controlled by Lambda probe and announcing 30% econommies I doubt that this is realistic without affecting the wealth, or I do not know how to operate the reactor , there is something that escapes me ..
When I mounted the panton on a gasoline engine, the only thing I found, more vigorous engine, cleaner candle, clean engine oil, but nothing for the economy and I would say even more at the beginning (lack of experience for settings?)
the economy and come when I put a twist on wealth ..
Soon Pitmix will be about to confirm it,
If you do not find a main jet a smaller No is laying a small pile of wire in the jet.
First do all your tests without touching the carburetor, then draw your conclusions.

Hello Macpherson

Certainly an engine that runs too poor its temperature increases, On the plane voluntarily the mixes are rich in full power that prevents the engine from heating excessively, certain pilot on Seaplane when it is limte with the takeoff small lake and big load, the momentarily impoverished pilot to gain power, but make a long ride with a lean mixture that ended up burning an exhaust valve.
Normally we control the wealth by a thermocouple in the exhaust, the risk of walking poor and bigger has full power than low load (I speak to burn a valve) but normally it is when the engine is filled well in charge that we can operate with poorer ratios, has the couple's peering down too much.
However, there are limits to be met and the range is rather narrow, this requires a correction at each speed and a vigilance on the temperature of the engine.
In general it is impoverished especially for the maintenance of clean candles

Andre
0 x