TIPE: Pantone reactor

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

TIPE: Pantone reactor

by York3k2 » 30/03/06, 18:51

Hello,
I am a student in Maths Sup at Lycée Saint-Louis in Paris and for my TIPE, I was interested in the Pantone reactor and its possible effects on the performance of an engine. My goal is to make in my turn an experimental assembly and to study, the variations of consumption, power, output, etc. Having read all the information available on the site (except that reserved for members since my confirmation email does not contain a user name or password) as well as examples of montages presented on www.quanthomme.org Despite all this, and I think that part of what I am looking for must be in the end of studies project of Mr Martz which is inaccessible to me, I have a few questions to ask you.

The site already seems to maintain that the reforming which would take place in the reactor breaks down (if I understood correctly) the fuel into lighter hydrocarbons which would burn more efficiently and this due to their lower density. So can we say, if I understood the reasoning correctly, that methane burns more efficiently than petrol? (at least under the conditions of P, T encountered in the explosion chamber)

In addition, are this reforming and the vaporization of the fuel associated with it the only proven (or supposed) effects of the reactor?

I also wanted to know if you would have advice with regard to a Pantone assembly on a mower, which assembly would be the most adequate and the most effective (in assembly time, means (those of a wireworm) and in results) for a two-stroke engine (bubbler or not, water injection, and other methods), advice (other than that indicated on the site) for anything that would measure consumption, etc. (in particular how do you assess the power of an internal combustion engine?)

I would also like to thank you for your work on this subject and made available to everyone, I admit that indeed your site must be the only one or at least one of the only ones to provide a complete explanation and rigorous operation of this phenomenon. I think that without your site, I would surely have moved on to another subject, sorry that such a device does not work.

In any case, thank you for your answers and for the advice and explanations you will provide. I would like to point out to you in passing that if my research results in a file worthy of the name, I will be delighted to share my results (positive or not) with the site.

Sincerely,
York3k2

PS If someone could send me a copy of Mr Martz's graduation project, I will be very grateful to you.
0 x
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by York3k2 » 30/03/06, 22:05

By the way, does anyone know what would be the cracking (or hydrocracking, given the presence of water vapor) of gasoline and under what pressure and temperature conditions would it take place?

Any information would be welcome, thank you

York3k2
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 31/03/06, 13:10

Hello.
I can't help you with everything related to system physics, but when it comes to your study on an easy-to-do system, take for example the basic assembly in 100% Pantone.
That is to say 1 bubbler of water heated to 80 ° C., another bubbler or a carburetor for petrol and the mixture of the two passing through the reactor.
Christophe Martz did his study this way.
I think that the access to his study project could help you but in the limit it is not worse to start from scratch and then compare if you both arrive at the same conclusions.
It's a bit like when you are inspired by student projects from previous years. You copy the shape but not the background.

I actually think that by using a gasoline bubbler you only consume the engine of the best gasoline and the rest is deposited at the bottom of the bubbler.
For water doping you risk spending too much time and therefore not being able to do analysis. Some mechanical students have had trouble getting something right.
The system is simpler in principle but not 100% reliable in terms of results.
While the 100% Pantone works better, however it requires welding and other adaptation work, not necessarily within the reach of a student.
On my mini bike I had no difficulty in reproducing the system identical to that presented on Quanthomme.
The difficulties started when I wanted to do a simplified pantone water doping.
Look at my site by clicking on www at the bottom of the message.
Good luck
0 x
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by York3k2 » 02/04/06, 14:51

Thank you for your response Pitmix, do you know if there is a difference between a two-stroke and four-stroke engine assembly? A priori our assembly would take place on a two-stroke engine.

Thank you
York3k2
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/04/06, 16:35

York3k2 wrote:By the way, does anyone know what would be the cracking (or hydrocracking, given the presence of water vapor) of gasoline and under what pressure and temperature conditions would it take place?

Any information would be welcome, thank you

Elements of response here: https://www.econologie.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=93 (only take the time to read ...)

Pkoi do you say it is inaccessible?
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 02/04/06, 17:25

I did not really follow the post on the 2 stroke but personally I would immediately forget the 100% pantone on a 2 stroke.
It is also written on Quanthomme.
On an ordinary 2 stroke it is the fuel that acts as a lubricant, given that we only consume gasoline vapors with a bubbler you imagine the result ...
Well it's my opinion... : Lol:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/04/06, 09:47

Could a 2-stroke not work with a Pantone reactor
- if the engine has a separate lubrication (the oil does not pass through the reactor, lubrication continues to be ensured)
- if it works with a petrol-oil mixture, by simply equipping it with water doping?
0 x
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by York3k2 » 03/04/06, 21:17

Hello everyone and thank you for your answers once again.

For Cristophe, I said that it was inaccessible because the username and password are only given in the newsletter and not in the email confirming that we are registered with the site. The fact remains that I have now received the password and username by yesterday's newsletter, and that the download of your report is in progress.
Regarding the link that you proposed to me, I would remind you that I read everything with passion, but that when I made my post, I could not yet access the report (nor all that was reserved to members) which I will hasten to attack later this week.

For Pitmix, I have not yet looked in detail but it seemed to me to have seen assemblies carried out on mowers on the Quanthomme site, wouldn't they be equipped with two-stroke engines?
If not, what kind of affordable four-stroke engine would you recommend?

Thank you in advance : Mrgreen: ,
York3k2
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 03/04/06, 21:53

Hello
All the engines on the Quanthomme site are 4-stroke engines.
There are 2 and 4 stroke mowers.
For separate lubrication on my two-stroke 125Cm3 motorcycle-bylette, the oil injection is done at the carburetor (I'm not talking about the one on my site).
Since on a 100% Pantone we remove the fuel there is more lubrication.
On a two-stroke engine casings do not bathe in oil as on a 4-stroke, so my opinion is that it is not good.
But there may be 2-stroke separate lubrication directly injected into the engine. But this is no longer my competence.
For a cheap 4-stroke engine around the flea markets you have to find old 4-stroke clippers to tinker.
I even saw it on the sidewalks in the trash.
Most of the time the engines are not dead.
If you knew the number of mob that I recovered by making the monsters when I was a teenager. : Lol:
A new couroie, a cleaning of the fuel, 2 air chambers and it's gone my kiki. : Cheesy:
0 x
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by York3k2 » 17/04/06, 22:40

Hi everybody,
I just had a question for Cristophe: do you have any idea of ​​octane cracking enthalpies in a plasma-free environment? Otherwise would you know where I might find an indication?

Thank you in advance.
York3k2
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"