Reactor Pantone Diesel HOWTO

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 31/10/05, 16:57

Introduction,
I felt a great need on the part of newcomers to the forum an explicit document such as a HOWTO allowing a rapid application of a pantone reactor on a diesel engine.
I invite you to correct and add points that seem obscure to you. Since French is not my original language, I also envy you not to attach enormous importance to the shape of my frases and correct them if you deem it necessary.:D

The empirical calculations of installation of Pantone reactor on a Diesel engine.

1. We start from the principle that we want to have a motor flanged at the power level at max 75-80%. (Attention the power at high speeds, and not a couple at low speeds).
The Pantone reactor takes place in the exhaust manifold. Its efficiency is proportional to the speed of exhaust gas flow and to the vacuum in the suction part. The greater the restriction on the exhaust - the better the efficiency.
Bearing this principle, the pressurizer is avoided, as this results in the reduction of the gas flow speed and consequently the loss of efficiency of the reactor.
In my humble opinion, by modifying the dimensions of the reactors (by reducing the clearance between the rod and the external tube up to 0,5-0,3mm) we can overcome this problem. To dig !!! (Thank you khartoum).

2. Starting from point N ° 1, the surface (diameter) of the external tube of the reactor is calculated. The principle is that its surface must be (35-50%) of the exhaust pipe surface.

3. Once the area has been calculated, the diameter of the external reactor tube is deduced. The calculation is radius squared by py.

4. The diameter of the internal reactor rod: Diameter of the external tube minus (2-3mm).

5. Internal rod in polished steel. Length of the internal rod (according to the wise Andrée) (from 80 to 220mm). If the engine displacement <1.5l it will be necessary to approach 200. Otherwise it is between 100 and 200mm. Ideally, you can test them with a longer rod and adjust it according to its discoloration. The part that has not had the discoloration can be cut. Do not attach much importance to the length of the rod.

6. Reactor inlet. Carburetor or bubbler. I let you choose.

The Bulleur
Advantage:
it produces a very fine vapor of superior quality to all other systems Carburator, injection, Mist
It is adaptable to any water.
It is simple to build for tractors
Its large size makes it self-regulating in temperature
Default:
Being of large size with a space high enough for
let the steam have partitions
The water must be heated in all its mass
The suction duct must be largely dimmured, short
and warmed to prevent condensation of the cold vapor.
The start of operation requires an 10 15 minute engine running to set the temperature according to the volume.
it takes a constant level.
Unusable in cold countries if you add alcohol it will be the first liquid to evaporate, the rest will freeze

The carburetor or injection
Advantage:
Small, compact, easy to place under an automobile hood
Easy to make in brass by a handyman.
Start up quickly There is only water consumed that needs to be heated.
It can be placed directly in the reactor inlet.
Its food is simple by gravity or suction
The flow of water is controllable.
It is easy to cut the water and let only air pass into the reactor (when the stem is wet)
In countries as cold as in Quebec you can operate the reactor with a mixture of alcohol and water
Possibility to use alcohol or fuels to make 100% panton or use water / alcohol mixture

Default:
It does not spray very well water so the drops are big, sutout if the water is cold.
It requires a small venturi restriction directly proportional to the spray.
It must resist corrosion.
It must be fed with prorpe or distilled water or rainwater.
The ratio water and air is difficult to find we can easily exceed the saturation of the air swallowed (never with a bubbler)
Temperature control after the carburetor is more difficult to find, neither too hot nor too cold.
An expansion chamber at the outlet of the carburetor is necessary before arriving on the rod. (Thanks Andree)

In short: Carbu: Advantages:
· Simpler construction
· Occupies less space

Carbu: Disadvantages
· Consumes more water !!!
· Requires adaptation calculations. (See N ° 9)!
· Requires conversion (adapting the diameter of the sprinklers, plugging unnecessary sprinklers, etc.)

Otherwise for most cases for 14-16mm tubes at the inlet of the reactor the ideal carburetor (according to Zac) will be the reduced model carburetor or 707 from gurtner.

Benefits: Advantages
· Consumes less water!
· Spraying is better
· Calculation are simpler (1/5 of gasoline volume max). otherwise see N ° 9)

Dullness: Disadvantages
· Fills an important place under the hood!
· More expensive to manufacture (All stainless steel)
· Constant temperature close to 85 ° C must be ensured
· Water can overflow into turns and drown the engine.

7. Outlet reactor copper tube max length 100mm, covered with thermal insulating sheath - 400mm in length,

8. Motor input - a venturi (Same type of calculation as N ° 1)! You can also use the LPG adaptation venturi.
Note: In the case of the turbo engine, the input is located upstream of the compressor.

9. Ideal pantone gas temperature at reactor outlet ~ 250 ° C

10. The water consumption must be between 0,6 - 1.2l / 100km on average! (And according to Andree: http: //kidlogis.com/pmc/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=167&sid=7fe92508eea6f3b5667101c0e00b5564
At a certain moment When the water is increased and the outlet temperature of the reactor starts to rise rapidly, there is something happening in the reactor and clearly feels the effect on the engine, it is necessary to stabilize the flow rate d at this point. Even if we decrease the speed it looks like the reactor is "hooked" there is no more adjustment to do the rest of the trip. This also explains why there are differences in consumption.

11. Useful link: http://quanthomme.free.fr/pantone/PageM_David.htm

Now, it's your turn to play :D
Last edited by ange the 23 / 11 / 05, 14: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 31/10/05, 18:26

I understood almost everything, except the reactor outlet tube, you mention 100 mm, what are you talking about, the diameter?
0 x
small
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ange » 31/10/05, 19:15

100 mm long :D
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 31/10/05, 22:13

no I just asked the question because I made an assembly with a reactor outlet which is 400 mm (long) which seems to work well but you may be right, by shortening it works may be better?
I will try to make a table under excel to directly enter the main parameters which would automatically give the reactor and ventury ratings.
Hello
0 x
small
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 31/10/05, 22:43

Hello,
When talking about 100mm reactor outlet, this is in the section just after the rod in the reactor, or the reactor outlet pipe. which obviously depends on the physical place where the reactor is placed,
100mm in this case is difficult on an automobile or a tractor,
This conduit I generally do it in copper and I cover it with a thermal insulating sheath, this copper conduit becomes colored after a certain period of operation and I will have to weld a series of thermocouples at different places on the conduit, because given the differences in color along the length of the duct, I wonder why it becomes hotter in the middle of the duct when it should be stable over the entire length,
another verification with evidence is required (the color is not sufficient proof) I will have to find an explanation if the temperature
go up locally and then go down? before entering the engine.
Andre
0 x
jelupan
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jelupan » 01/11/05, 10:08

Hello André,
the heating in this place perhaps comes from the return of exhaust gas which would collide with the gas leaving the reactor. At the point of impact, there may be additional compression and heating.
See David's theory on engine improvement (quanthomme pages: engine improvement suggestions) at the end of his report.
0 x
khartoum
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by khartoum » 01/11/05, 14:32

Hello,

And with regard to the direct combustion of exhaust gases in the pantone, is there any feedback?
Given the rate of oxygen in the exhaust in a pantonized engine, there must be some way to re-burn part of it.
We could therefore take advantage of the pressure of said gases to increase the volume of "oxidizer" on intake (which would require a pressurized bubbler).
A kind of turbo without turbo;).
Good idea the How-to;)
0 x
A CX is Bo ... But it's rusty !!! :(