ax lodge 1 liter

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
zac64
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zac64 » 18/10/05, 23:10

good evening everyone.

I'm getting into the reactor manufacturing, my question is:

-the reactor consists of a core of 14 in diameter included in a tube of 16 in inner diameter all with a length of 220mm. This system is supplied with a model carburetor of 8mm venturi or 47.1 mm2 of passage, the passage in the reactor is 50.24 mm2. Here is the theoretical diagram of the reactor is it correct can we improve the systus? or am i near the plate?

thank you all for your opinion! :D
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/10/05, 02:08

Bonsoir
For your 8mm carburetor nozzle it will work, if it is the same model as I have already used there is an adjustable bushel so you can close it a little, the 8mm is a maximum for use you will see but open 3/4 it gives good results,
The mm2 between the rod and that of the carburetor is only a rough order of measurement, there are many factors which influence the size of the nozzle
the length of the rod the center pins. the size of the conduits, the elbows ect ... all that slows the passage in the reactor circuit, the question is: you have to be sure, that the suction in the carburetor is done without which it will not pass water in the reactor, this is one of the problems of the carburetor, which we do not find on the bubbler,
but as it looks like each medal has its reverse.
Andre
0 x
zac64
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zac64 » 20/10/05, 22:12

here is the plan of the reactor. I have a question about the tube thickness, it is worth that I leave this thickness or that I decrease the outside diameter to 17.5 for example. about the material of the core it is the same if I put the stainless steel 316 or is it better that I load it in nikel? in theory yes but in practice ??
that's all for now.
0 x
Other

by Other » 21/10/05, 02:29

Hello zac64
Your pipe is 1/2 pipe so don't touch the outside, it's standard measurements you can easily make pipe threads at the ends
the gain that you can have heat exchange by thinning it will give you other problem when you are going to weld a thin tube in the exhaust, it works and shrinks in the welding of or problems of adjustment of rod with these nipples, the method is to push a tight iron rod just where you are going to weld it keeps the diameter at its right measure, do not forget to remove it when it is still hot.
Another thing does not plant the rod to the end of the reactor especially if you feed it with a carburetor, it must be left a small room before the rod, to give the carburetor fog a chance to diffuse and form well before getting caught in the narrow passage of the rod. Even automakers do not plant a carburetor directly on the cylinder head, there is always a manifold, and often times an engine does not work well because of the design of its intake manifold. It is not a simple conduit, it is something complex.
A square cut rod inlet is preferable, a light chamfer that's all, the pointed or tapered outlet is ok, and if possible the stem outlet must still be in the flow of hot exhaust gases, the reactor tube must be significantly longer than the stem.
For the pure nickel material I have never tested, but I do not see why it would not be good, the difference is minimum depending on the metals used in pants 100% in water doping I have not done enough test, the only metal where I saw a bad differrence, it is with a pure copper rod. Provide an easy rod inspection or replacement system, so you can make comparisons, but the differences are difficult to assess.
did you forget to draw the heat source around the reactor?
Andre
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"