Presentation of forum, "new files" frame

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Presentation of forum, "new files" frame

by coucou789456 » 28/05/10, 23:23

Good evening

not enough place in the title to write everything.

for some time, a vertical banner announcing "new files" appears on the left of the window of the forum. certainly this banner is not new but I have also tested with internet explorer, the result is the same as with firefox.
as long as an unregistered person consults the subjects, only the subjects, not the other headings, no worries, the vertical banner is on the left and leaves the view of messages entirely free, at least the first as well as what is in the -above.

where it changes is when you are registered and connected to your account: there, the banner is always in the same place, but the visible part of the subjects is completely framed on the left, and therefore a part is hidden by this famous banner.

my computer is in 1024x768, possible that in 16/9 this kind of problem does not exist, but it is a fact, it did not do it 2 days ago and it annoys quite. I must log out before consulting the forum, even the last subjects frame is partly hidden otherwise !!!

jeff
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 29/05/10, 00:08

Same configuration but no problem with Firefox under Ubuntu 10.04.

Edit: to answer the question below ...
Last edited by highfly-addict the 29 / 05 / 10, 00: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 29/05/10, 00:18

re

this is a new problem, quite recent, i will say just 1 or 2 days no more, which only occurs when you log into your account; by consulting the subjects without being connected, there are no more problems.

too bad I can't make a screenshot for you.

when you are not connected, the banner is at the top and just below the advertisement for the eco-store, which pushes the subject frame on the right.

Ubuntu version 10?

jeff
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

remarks on this problem

by dedeleco » 29/05/10, 00:41

This problem, if I understood correctly, occurs for me, if my window is too narrow, but not, if I extend it to the left in 16/9.
This vertical strip new files, even in 16/9, in narrower partial window, does not know where to put and therefore to remain visible, is put on top !!
It is not managed by the scroll bar at the bottom which appears if the window is too narrow, to leave the white strip on the left, but is required above as a priority, and only!

The cause is that the right and left white margins are removed when the window becomes narrow before bringing up the lower scroll bar (logical and practical), so that this left banner at the top no longer knows where to put and imposes itself Above !!
The best would be for this vertical banner to hide behind in the background and pass in front of it only if necessary, by clicking on what is left! And do the same for the overlapping bands in the narrow window.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/05/10, 00:59

Indeed I have this same "problem", but without real impact for me insofar as my screen is in 1152x864.

identical on IE8, firefox 3.6.3, Google chrome and a bit less conspicuous on opera.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/05/10, 10:43

First of all, we must salute the very good management of this forum, there are quite a few who could take example.

Being in 16 / 10th RAS.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out a few points:

Each time you want to place a "smiley" in a text, it is systematically positioned at the end of the text!

I would also find it effective that we could put "bookmarks" on the subjects that interest us and for which we are generally particularly well informed, it would save a lot of time.

(I know however that all this is easier said than done and I am aware that not all versions of PhpBB allow it ...)
0 x
Christophe

Re: Presentation of forum, frame "new files &

by Christophe » 29/05/10, 10:57

Indeed I reactivated this "function" yesterday for the members noting that many members did not regularly visit the other part of the site. Thanks for the feedback.

We had already made a subject on this addition here a few months ago: https://www.econologie.com/forums/nouveautes ... t9238.html

coucou789456 wrote:my computer is in 1024x768,

I am not in 16/9 and I tested in this resolution on FF, IE and GC, it went limit (in case of overlap it was a few pixels, so not annoying) ...except on (old) subjects with LARGE images widening the subject in question.

In addition, people in 1024 became rather rare on the internet. Pkoi you do not pass in 1280? It is still more pleasant.

The standard is currently 1600 (I'm "still" 1280).

Otherwise you can also play on the CRTL + Wheel to decrease or increase the size of the font.

Obamot wrote:Each time you want to place a "smiley" in a text, it is systematically positioned at the end of the text!

Exact, this is an inexplicable bug with FF only ... in IE it works normally ...

For bookmarks, you can subscribe to be notified by email for each subject in which you have posted at least 1 message, for this, check the box "Warn me when a response is posted" either:
a) in each subject that interests you
b) in your profile and it will be checked automatically

ps: so if I activate the ad for members after hello it will "solve" his problem? I just wanted not to be too intrusive ...

reps: an article on all IT resolutions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/05/10, 11:15

Thank you for your answers.

Christophe wrote:Exact, this is an inexplicable bug with FF only ... in IE it works normally ...

OK nevermind.

Christophe wrote:For bookmarks, you can subscribe to be notified by email for each subject in which you have posted at least 1 message, for this, check the box "Warn me when a response is posted" either:
a) in each subject that interests you
b) in your profile and it will be checked automatically

Well no, the use of the bookmark is especially good, because it allows you not to be attacked by non-urgent emails!
The bookmarks also allow you to choose yourself the subjects that interest us and not to be imposed a reading by someone who posted and whose we are not in a hurry to read the comments ... (or so it would be necessary a "ignore list" but that poses a social / ethical problem and that I am against, it is just a story of priority of reading ...).

Christophe wrote:ps: so if I activate the ad for members after hello it will "solve" his problem? I just wanted not to be too intrusive ...

Ouch! Naaaaan not Googeule ads, naaaaaan for pity! No there! : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Obamot the 29 / 05 / 10, 11: 23, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/10, 11:22

Obamot wrote:Ouch! Naaaaan not Googeule ads, naaaaaan for pity! No there! : Mrgreen:

No no that's not it!

If I understood cuckoo, it is the skycrapper (vertical banner) of the shop that appears at the bottom of the news frame on the left. Log out to see it ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/05/10, 11:24

PS: is it also Firefox which when we put a text with attributes (for example "in italic") systematically returns us to the top of the page?
0 x