More eco-citizen = less respectful of others?!?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

More eco-citizen = less respectful of others?!?

by Christophe » 15/12/09, 12:15

Thanks to Recyclinage who found us this: https://www.econologie.com/forums/mais-ogm-d ... t8949.html

"Buy local, Act evil"

Green consumers who feel they are morally flawless would be prone to less virtuous behavior afterwards. It is the result of an investigation carried out by the American magazine Slate. To the question "Do green products make us better", two university professors answer in the negative. They took their students as their guinea pigs and concluded that those who displayed eco-citizenship in their purchases were more likely to cheat or steal if the opportunity presented itself. A positive point, all the same: the study shows that the simple fact of being surrounded by green products has the effect of making people more altruistic ... The ecological cause is not therefore completely lost

For English speakers, the whole article is there: http://www.slate.com/id/2237674/pagenum/all/#p2

So if we are "eco responsible" we are more likely to try to cheat our neighbor? : Shock:

In any case there is a serious paradox in this study because to be (eco) citizen is above all to respect society ... therefore the other ... well, I think! : Cheesy:

On the other hand, ecological behavior and extremism and therefore facsimity can be very close ... :|

But in any case, limiting the study to students is a bit light, isn't it? So I would like to read other things about this ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/12/09, 12:36

It reminds me of the verse I occasionally write about taxes. Partly by slight provocation to widen the angle of reflection. Partly by conviction.

Just yesterday, I placed it, it seems to me, I can't remember on which thread ...

I would content myself with saying that having an in-depth reflection on ecology "does not necessarily make it more vretious elsewhere!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/12/09, 13:07

: Cheesy: his furiously recalls this demonstration made of the "latent violence" of people who gave enormous electric shocks to other "guinea pigs" of this experiment ... it had been proven that some individuals were violent for no reason. : Shock:
I wonder about the mental health of the people who have had these "uplifting experiences" ... the conclusions which only apply - as here - to post-teenagers who have just lost their acne, put me on " doubt in the ear ". : Mrgreen:

On the other hand, when you see what it costs to be "green", if you respond to fashion's sirens, it's no wonder that to be distinguished, some are tempted to behave not too honestly. : Idea:
Which does not mean that it is not improbably inappropriate : Shock:

The question of how to do well without doing harm is once again posed, especially to people with non-existent or very "elastic" morals!

Meow
:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/12/09, 13:22

Did ... For taxes ... I do not know what you do as taf and what return you have when you want to benefit from aid or services paid with your tax dollars .... I can guarantee you that in rural areas of central France the public service becomes CATASTROPHIC compared to the local taxes paid which become pharaonic. Yesterday you released your beautiful tirade yes I know you have to pay to be able to have a beautiful social policy of schools and co ... I live in a village where 12 children left public school this year to be placed by their parents in the private sector simply because of the incompetence of the teachers of the schools ... Assessment of a firm class and it is still public service which is decreasing in the commune ... taxes (municipal share) have taken 17%. ..For my part I do not refuse to pay my taxes and I do not defraud.

For eco citizens (or those who pretend to be) I actually noticed a drift of green actors of all kinds

It can start for example by putting a washing machine drum floating on a stream with PVC tubes and a paddle wheel ...

It ends for others by balancing engine drain oil in the dual-fuel initially planned to run a car in the HV ...

For my part to drive ecologically I was ready to cheat on fuel taxes and therefore "steal" the French state ... If you could know as I regret it

Ecology is a fashion or rather a fashionable movement ... Human bullshit is timeless and has no limits ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/12/09, 13:24

Yes, there are things like that: Dutch campers (it's super clean in Holland) are feared ....
My late father-in-law, hyper parano administrative, terror of the trustees, etc ... tinkered around the house despite common sense.
... etc ....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/09, 14:29

elephant I understand nothing of what you mean ...

Macro wrote:It can start for example by putting a washing machine drum floating on a stream with PVC tubes and a paddle wheel ...

Hu? How is it drifting?

If it's humor you forgot the smiley that goes well ... :|
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/12/09, 15:32

Did your paddle wheel put it on a stream? this stream only you saw on it? it belongs to you???

Did you ask for all the necessary authorizations and the opinion of the other residents of this stream ???

If yes. You are royal ...

If not by your eco-friendly experiences you lack respect for the visual environment of your fellow humans : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

It was indeed to laugh ... But I often forget to put the little emoticon that is going well ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/12/09, 19:37

Macro wrote:Did ... For taxes ... I do not know what you do as taf and what return you have when you want to benefit from aid or services paid with your tax dollars .... I can guarantee you that in rural areas of central France the public service becomes CATASTROPHIC compared to the local taxes paid which become pharaonic. Yesterday you released your beautiful tirade yes I know you have to pay to be able to have a beautiful social policy of schools and co ......

I run an Apprentice Training Center, funded by the Regional Council for 70% and the apprenticeship tax paid by companies for 20% ...

This is not why I defend the concept of tax. I worked a dozen years in Africa where I saw what becomes of states without own resources ...

I was not talking strictly about social (even if these are the kinds of examples that I cited).

I was talking about a (possible) model where any service is chargeable. And on the other hand, a "redistributive" economic model, with public services, synonymous with taxes.

For the question of services, in the Massif Central regions, if everything was based on a private service paid by the user at its real price (because that is the alternative to taxes), I wish you much pleasure ( I know a little, I worked a year in Creuse). We in Alsace, with our population density, that will be fine ... We will have roads and hospitals nearby and the Post Office; it will be comparatively cheap; the bank next door and inexpensive ... etc ... etc ...

Next, criticize the existing system, of course. Criticize the disengagement of public services, of course ... In order to improve. This is another thing. Alas, the border between this criticism (constructive, to improve) and that calling into question (to eliminate) is fragile.

But there, you are going to plug me into another theme: on the scale of globalization, France, soon will only be a Lichtenstein ... It will be necessary to get used to a country that is impoverished ... We have to hard to get used to this idea .... A bit like bourgeois industrial families at the turn of the century, the business was struggling, but we continued to act as if we were rich even if there are cracks in the ceiling and rats under the floor ...
0 x