Philippe Fireplace: Beware bad customer service

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
BUMPER-BEEBOP
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by BUMPER-BEEBOP » 06/04/09, 17:33

: Evil: Attention to the After Sales Service of Cheminées Philippe which is of very poor quality (note, they assume : Shock: - but as much be warned before a purchase). You will find below 2 letters, one that I sent after many "galleys" : Cry: to the Director General of Cheminées Philippe, Francine PHILIPPE, and then, the response from the after-sales service which shows the attention that Cheminées Philippe pays to its customers. Impressive :!:

: Arrow: Information request letter:
Madame,

I am writing to you today to alert you to the difficulties that I encounter and which question me about the quality of your distribution network, your customer service, and more particularly, on the subject of the sale and maintenance of your chimneys at gas fireplace.

For several months I have been trying unsuccessfully to find a qualified professional to carry out the compulsory maintenance of my Philippe gas fireplace. Living in the Paris region, I turned first to the Cheminée Philippe distributors on which I depend (Ezanville, Herblay ...). Regretfully, they tell me that they have no professional to offer me but that any heating engineer will be able to meet my request.

After a month of unsuccessful research and numerous phone calls to heating contractors in the market, I tried to get help from your headquarters. There, your switchboard systematically screened and invariably asked me to return to your distributors despite my explanations of their "non-assistance".

Having been able to obtain another internal telephone number by declination (which allowed me to get rid of your switchboard), I was able to access your customer service. He categorically refused to help me without sending a fax specifying my request.

Having complied, I sent my fax to your customer service on September 19.09.2008, 27.10.2008. More than a month passed without news, I take my phone back (October XNUMX, XNUMX). There, still no response to my initial request. On the announcement of sending a letter to the general management, they agree to pass me the study service which can help me out if necessary, but by my own means. Amazing to see that a brand, a priori serious like Philippe Chimneys, offers me to "tinker" myself a gas appliance yet subject to drastic regulations! Obviously, for security reasons, I refused this offer.

Once again, Corine BOURY from customer service dissuaded me from writing a letter to general management (example of a statement: "Do you like to kick people in?"). She tells me that she will take charge of my request and call me back. To date still no news from your customer service ... Meanwhile, my Philippe gas fireplace, model "Radiant 695 Gaz" continues to operate without any maintenance.

This does not correspond to the image I had of Philippe Chimneys. It seems to me that it takes a lot of effort for a simple maintenance request! I would therefore like to ask you the same question again: can you be so kind as to provide me with the contact details of a heating engineer who will agree to take care of the troubleshooting and compulsory maintenance of my Philippe gas fireplace?

In the hope that my request can finally be satisfied, please accept, Madam, my most upset feelings.

: Arrow: Response mail from Cheminées Philippe (edifying!):

Bethune on December 22, 2008,
Sir,
Our Management recently sent us your letter of November 18. At the same time, we confirm, once again, that as a manufacturer, it is not our responsibility to provide you with the contact details of a heating engineer so that he can service or even troubleshoot your gas fireplace. : Shock:
Thank you for your understanding,
We would like to wish you a pleasant holiday season, and
Please accept, Sir, our best regards.
: Shock:

Congratulations to Cheminées Philippe who offers me to spend a good end of year celebrations with my gas fireplace chimney devoid of maintenance despite me (at least if it explodes, they assume! :frown: ).
http://oraoul.free.fr
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/09, 17:40

Ce forum is not a place for this.

What is your problem? That you do not find competent professionals?

The response of the CPs is not that bad, on the other hand the vendor installers SHOULD be able to carry out maintenance: it is him that you must "attack" and not the manufacturer ... even if he should, for his image, assess the skill level of its installers ...
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 06/04/09, 18:29

20 years ago, "Cheminées Philippe" set up a closed fireplace at my parents' house ...

the wooden beam of the lintel was consumed a month later because they had not done that in the rules ...

We were out. Fortunately, because otherwise, squeak!

Now (in my case), I don't think "Cheminées Philippe" is responsible for what their installers franchisees do ...
0 x
Chartrousin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chartrousin » 06/04/09, 21:43

Superform wrote:I don't think "Cheminées Philippe" is responsible for what their franchisee installers do ...

+1

I do not really see the problem here, Cheminées Philippe is only responsible for their equipment, not for installation (compliance with installation standards) or maintenance (entirely at the expense of the customer)!

Who is going to attack Renault (or whatever) because they don't maintain his car?
0 x
"It is of no use to man to gain the Moon if he happens to lose the Earth."
[Mauriac]
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/09, 22:12

Ben the manufacturer is still "a little responsible" for the skills of its installers ...

Christophe wrote:(...) it should, for its image, assess the level of competence of its installers ...
0 x
Chartrousin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chartrousin » 06/04/09, 23:10

Ideally yes, but it all depends on the link (franchise, subsidiary, ...) with the installer. Ultimately, it is always the installer, and his insurance, who is responsible for the installation, unless there is a failure directly related to the equipment. Here, we have very little data, but it seems that this is a maintenance / servicing problem. The manufacturer / reseller / wholesaler sells equipment with the maintenance manual, after that, it's up to the customer to take responsibility (maintenance contract, etc.).
The manufacturer is often just a seller of equipment (such as DIY superstores at the limit); moreover, it often manages to remain as in its contracts with the installers, (the kind of clause "we decline all responsibility in the event of bad installation of the material or lack of maintenance").
To my knowledge, a manufacturer has no obligation to sell his equipment to competent people. Obviously, if he values ​​his image, he should be a little careful ...

Edit: uh I think in fact I say a little bit the same as you Christophe, I had to read a little too fast : Cheesy: go go to bed me ...
Last edited by Chartrousin the 06 / 04 / 09, 23: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
"It is of no use to man to gain the Moon if he happens to lose the Earth."

[Mauriac]
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/09, 23:13

Yes, that's why I don't quite understand pkoi seb will go to PC and not to the seller who installed the chimney ...
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 07/04/09, 11:54

me ? I didn't realize, I was too small : Cheesy:

my parents we made a scandal at the retailer installer, ca, yes!

they broke everything and remade everything ... but it was ugly ...
0 x
BUMPER-BEEBOP
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by BUMPER-BEEBOP » 07/04/09, 12:15

In response to all of your messages:
: Arrow: Yes, this is only a service / maintenance problem;
: Arrow: Yes, I did all the procedures to have it maintained by the installer or by a heating engineer ...
: Arrow: No, to the quote "I don't really see the problem here, Cheminées Philippe is only responsible for their materials, not for installation (compliance with installation standards) or for maintenance (totally the responsibility of the customer) )! ".
: Idea: It is a gas appliance, therefore subject to legislation which requires maintenance by authorized personnel.

:!: Conclusion, Cheminée Philippe lacks professionalism, and that's where it is serious because: they are only a builder, but how can we sell equipment requiring mandatory maintenance by authorized personnel, knowing that the purchaser will not be able to maintain his appliance due to the lack of competence on the market. These devices are therefore time bombs, and let's not talk about them from an ecological point of view, because not regulated (Ex: risk of carbon monoxide):!:

: Idea: In my opinion, Cheminées Philippe should have simply indicated the details of an approved maintenance service ... But now, to date, it does not seem to exist ... Finally no one has yet found ... Do you have an address to offer :?: Still disagree :?:

http://oraoul.free.fr
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/09, 13:36

Have you contacted the UFC What to choose? You're probably not the only one in this case ...
0 x