Ecology of society, our scapegoats for the environment

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Ecology of society, our scapegoats for the environment

by bamboo » 27/03/08, 16:15

Hello,

I am creating my first new thread here, so perhaps the moderators will have to modify some details in this post. (Christophe, you are one of the instigators of the thread, so help, if necessary :D )

In fact, since the dawn of time (same child), I fight against windmills (no, not wind turbines, which I find aesthetic, by the way, but this is HS), so I said that I find it abnormal that we always accuse our "neighbor" of being worse than in the protection of the environment. Well, sometimes (often?) True, but it should NOT prevent each of us from making efforts to save energy, raw materials, and natural resources in general.

Indeed, as I said in another thread:

indy49 wrote:The last one heard (but it comes back often): "the day when companies turn off the lights in their offices, I will turn off my PC" (Editor's note: in the context, it is about the professional PC), therefore an actor of the he company (ie an employee) refuses to turn off his PC at night because his professional environment does not make any effort ... the cat that dies its tail ...

Certainly, companies could do better. Certainly our neighbors could use a small car instead of their 4x4, but that should not make us forget that we also, we can make an effort, and that this is not in vain!

I know it is painful to tell your family to turn off the 20W light when you leave the room, and that it seems ridiculous next to the 600W municipal projector that lights the street, but if every household in the world turns off its light, it still makes a beautiful gift to the environment!

20W saved 10 minutes / day by 1.5 billion households, that's 1 kwh saved over 825 year!

If you take your PC, your screen, your TV, your VCR, your washing machine, your wireless keyboard, which make you believe that they are at rest, but who wait patiently for you to press a key (yes, it takes energy to wait) you can multiply your savings by as much and, more importantly, your gifts to the environment.
So, of course, your neighbor's 500W hallogen consumes (instant) more than your standby TV, but no gesture is negligible. Any device can be turned off.

Note 1: This does not prevent raising awareness of your neighbor with a small anecdotal remark which, we hope, will make you think ...

Note 2: same thing for recycling: just because our companies don't recycle the tons of paper they print doesn't mean that we don't have to all make an effort on printing 2 pages per page / recto verso / recycling etc ... An example: free newspapers of the "20 minutes" type abound in town. We receive them on the "go" route to work. Take them home and put them in the appropriate trash!

A related subject opened by Christophe:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/repartitio ... t5082.html
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 27/03/08, 20:10

Principle of the Cold War.

We observe each other like an earthenware dog and wait for the other to take the first step.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/03/08, 23:28

Hi Indy,

What you say is full of common sense.

But I said it in another forum... what is the use of saving a 2W night light when all night long, 3 candles of 200W light your house outside ... So much so that your curtains + shutters are not even enough to have black ...

The first that should make efforts is the state by imposing a massive renewable energy policy combined with the absence of waste.

All small individual actions, however good they may be, are futile in the face of power that is ecologically, and even economically irresponsible ...

what's the point of saving 2W when the state is destroying uranium to light the crows at night?

what is the point of rolling slowly and / or little while millions of heavy goods vehicles of 25 Tons transport goods in a totally anarchic way (tomatoes from the Netherlands can descend to Biarritz while others from Spain climb to Dunkirk) :?: And how many trucks are almost empty?

I'm the first one to play the game. But I don't like being guilty the citizen who is helpless without a whole coherence of the Nation driven by a clear and clear political will (not speeches ...)
0 x
Louhac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Louhac » 28/03/08, 08:11

@Remundo

What is certain is that doing nothing is useless. Not only are the examples you cite very useful: saving energy. But in addition they have an exemplary value for the rest of society and they are in this sense a means of pressure. The obstacles to action by public authorities in favor of ecology are of several types:
- for a large number of decision-makers there is their own lack of awareness of these questions, a question of age and training.
- pressure from manufacturers who judge ecological measures against their short-term interests.
-the fear of annoying a whole part (still the majority?) of public opinion, the car is the best indicator of it (proposal for a maximum limit of 110 km / h not retained…)

It is on this last point that individual acts in favor of the environment are a means of pressure, to make one's voice heard in my opinion much more effective than a ballot in a national election. (I warn the critics by specifying that I have never abstained :D )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/08, 09:55

Several points that I would like to raise regarding the "search for responsible persons":

a) our society is unable to take responsibility for global warming because it simply has no solution! Technological and political decision-makers are the first culprits and responsible for this immobility and this situation because there are solutions (miscanthus, microalgae ...) that I am not going to fix this is not the subject of this subject.

2) Since we have no solution, "we" are looking for scapegoats, that reassures and comforts us in our inability to solve the energy problem. So we fire red bullets on airplanes and 4x4s, however responsible for a very small part of emissions and even if their use is often anti-ecological, they are nonetheless very little responsible for the energy gulf of our societies.

3) At the same time, almost nothing is done to, for example, dissuade individuals from installing an oil boiler or even improve the energy efficiency of public buildings to use the remundo example. On this subject I wrote a nice news a few days ago: https://www.econologie.com/economie-d-en ... -3720.html

Ah if at the moment we are carrying out energy audits ... a significant source of profit for a lot of consultants (+ or - competent) who will surely propose replacing oil or gas boilers with poop pumps (heat) ...

4) I think this state of immobility is due to the fact that our politicard and economists are based on a false indicator with regard to sustainable development: the PIB .... but this is another matter ...
Last edited by Christophe the 28 / 03 / 08, 10: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 28/03/08, 09:59

Hi Remundo,

Remundo wrote:But I said it in another forum... what is the use of saving a 2W night light when all night long, 3 candles of 200W light your house outside ... So much so that your curtains + shutters are not even enough to have black ...

But I think I answered you that even if your economy does not compensate for the hallogens of the street, it can still reduce the harm.

In England, they calculated that if all the devices on standby were turned off, they could remove a nuclear power plant! It's not nothing ! And it was years ago! Since then, watches have multiplied!
On the other hand, a watch is often much more than 2W!
For example, Internet Boxes consume around 20W standby ! To be cut absolutely when not in use!
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/03/08, 10:05

Christophe, I think your analysis is very relevant : Idea:

Christophe wrote:Several points that I would like to raise regarding the "search for responsible persons":

a) our society is unable to take responsibility for global warming because it simply has no solution!
2) Since we have no solution, "we" are looking for scapegoats, that reassures and comforts us in our inability to solve the energy problem
3) At the same time, almost nothing is done to, for example, dissuade individuals from installing an oil boiler or even improve the energy efficiency of public buildings
4) our politicard and economists are based on a false indicator with regard to sustainable development: the PIB .... but this is another matter ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/03/08, 10:11

Louhac and Indy, I read your comments. You are right to say that turning off the day before is a good action and a lesser evil.
indy49 wrote:But I think I answered you that even if your economy does not compensate for the hallogens of the street, it can still reduce the harm.

I would point out that it is a tiny lesser harm. It is not with one less nuclear power plant that the problem is solved. It is with around fifty renewable power plants at sea or in deserts and decentralized energy production in each building, for example by micro-wind or photovoltaic.

The potential is considerable. The Sahara alone can supply much more than Europe, even with the crappy yields of photovoltaics ... On this subject, if you are curious, you can take a look at

http://sycomoreen.free.fr/syco_francais ... oelec.html

Because to turn off the day before, that is to put a bandage on a severed leg ... we have the impression of having acted well, but we have not ENOUGH acted ... : Idea:

Regards 8)
Last edited by Remundo the 28 / 03 / 08, 10: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/08, 10:13

Remundo wrote:Christophe, I think your analysis is very relevant : Idea:

The thank you box : Oops:

And I haven't finished :) Soon a little news! Even if it means putting me on the back and in front of their responsibility all those who heat themselves with oil ...
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 28/03/08, 10:25

Hello

For indy 49

Currently my company 250 employees, to impose new environmental regulations.
Obligation to turn off the computers in the evening, print as little as possible if you have to be on the duplex, when you receive an email there is an automatic message asking you if printing this email is useful. Reduction in the number of printers
shut down production machines that are not working.
turn off lights, set up automatic faucets
all installations consuming water and electricity are currently being modified to be more economical.
and everyone follows
There is hope
0 x