Presentation of environmental themes at school

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Presentation of environmental themes at school

by bham » 18/03/08, 11:08

There you have it, after watching the film "the world according to Monsanto", I said to myself that it was our duty and mine, as a parent of a student, to open the eyes of the schoolchildren (from CE1) on the world in which they live at the environmental level and what are the consequences that this can generate.
I contacted the teachers, who did not know the film but who are not opposed to the process, the intervention of third-party volunteers remaining possible.

I would therefore like to have the opinion of forumeurs and in particular of the numerous teachers intervening to help me in my approach. I would like to do something speaking, simple, politically neutral, but I would need a blueprint.

In your opinion!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/03/08, 12:41

My wife, last year organized during the week alternatives to pesticides, a small exhibition in the municipal library.
In order to interest elementary school children, some of the panels were devoted to "friends of the garden": all these very useful little babies who are the first victims of pesticides.

With some nice drawings, a few rhymes on wild flowers and insects, the message has no trouble getting across.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 18/03/08, 14:01

You would have told me more, that would help me.
And what are these alternatives to pesticides?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/03/08, 14:26

bham wrote:You would have told me more, that would help me.
And what are these alternatives to pesticides?

I will not be able to go into details now because I am at work and the material of the exhibition is at home.

With a ladle, with regard to insects, there are different families of insects useful in the garden.
I don't remember everything, but I remember "predators" (eg ladybug) and decomposers.

As for the alternatives, there are many and their relevance depends on the type of pesticide that we want to replace.
  • herbicides can be replaced by mechanical treatments (hoeing, plowing, manual weeding, etc.) or even a certain tolerance: some of the "weeds" are sometimes very useful in a garden (bio-indicator plants, green manures, etc.) .)
  • some insecticides can be replaced by predators (the best known example is that of ladybugs to control aphids)
  • the fertilizers can be replaced by compost or by the technique of cultivation on BRF.
  • Finally for all these uses, certain vegetable manures are also very effective.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 18/03/08, 14:37

Thank you Targol but I did not want such a quick response.
So if, when you have the time, you can have more info or internet links, I am interested. Thank you.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/03/08, 14:49

bham wrote:Thank you Targol but I did not want such a quick response.
So if, when you have the time, you can have more info or internet links, I am interested. Thank you.

I'll try to see that tonight (if I think about it : Oops: )
The best thing to make me think of it would be to send me a PM around 18pm.
Like that I would have the notification when I get home tonight : Wink:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 18/03/08, 14:54

For the education of pups.
Less serious, but very irritating in everyday life.
The packaging of cookies and chocolate bars dumped in the street (Later, cans and remnants of fastfood), and especially tissues, used only once ...
Warn against the cell phone.
Sleep disturbance, damage to cells under construction. Futility of the bulk of the calls.

Teach boys that to look like a man, it doesn't make sense to spit every 10 meters. (For diehards, touching your balls can be a palliative ...)
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/03/08, 16:08

gegyx wrote:(For diehards, touching your balls can be a palliative ...)

To facilitate this practice, there are even special pants (see the avatar of gegyx) : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 18/03/08, 20:52

gegyx wrote:For the education of pups.
Less serious, but very irritating in everyday life.
The packaging of cookies and chocolate bars dumped in the street (Later, cans and remnants of fastfood), and especially tissues, used only once ...
Warn against the cell phone.
Sleep disturbance, damage to cells under construction. Futility of the bulk of the calls.

Teach boys that to look like a man, it doesn't make sense to spit every 10 meters. (For diehards, touching your balls can be a palliative ...)

I more. And I add that replacing the neighing of the horse with a backgammon from a hole in the pot does not give the air of a cowboy, although we risk as much to take lead.

Regarding the mobile, it is essential only if you are a doctor / firefighter / flicum / ..., and it's crazy what you do as savings once weaned.

Learning not to believe everything the television goddess tells us can be a good foundation. In particular, learn to decrypt advertising (eco-friendly vehicle = SUV 13L / 100km, lightened = which does not make you fat, ...)

In fact, learn to think for yourself instead of buying the last jeans for € 100 that everyone has, made by infants, which has gone around the world twelve times and to which we have added holes to do well. In this regard, there is a rumor that by buying jeans at 30 € as well cut and manufactured in our countries, it is possible in the long term, whether it is perforated and / or washed out. To be confirmed of course.

Divagations aside, this seems to me a commendable initiative bham. And the sooner we do it, the quicker we will make good heads.
0 x