A new look for the site?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

A new look for the site?

by Christophe » 24/08/07, 21:46

I started to get a little tired of the permanent grayness of the current look of the site, so I found and adapted a skin.

Consider this:

Current skin:

Likely future skin:

Is it worth it to continue or not? :?:

Edit 2/10/07, here is the "finalized" version:

Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 10 / 07, 16: 07, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 25/08/07, 05:04

Of course it highlights the sections for those who do not know the site. So it should facilitate navigation.
Uh, "skin" is for "skin"? is it compulsory in English? : Cry:
Couldn't we do like Quebecers? RESIST!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/08/07, 09:57

Bonjour Christophe

Its good ! The presentation is more "alive" in color.

Suggestion: In the Posts of forum from time to time the image is "too" wide and you have to play with the horizontal escalator to see all the text (I have a 17 "). If you have easy access to the parameter without going into hours of programming ....: Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/07, 13:40

Ok I think the same as you, so will work on this in the next few days :)

Flytox wrote:Suggestion: In the Posts of forum from time to time the image is "too" wide and you have to play with the horizontal escalator to see all the text (I have a 17 "). If you have easy access to the parameter without going into hours of programming ....: Mrgreen:

A+

No, the forum can't easily resize images, that's why I created a specific topic of explanations:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/comment-me ... t1176.html

There are now quite a few oversized images and when I come across one I stick the resize.

Here I will add a little word about it on the link "Insert an image ..." at the bottom of the post window ...

ps: for the skins, there is another term: layout, template ... in french it would give "Canvas" I did not find better ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 26/08/07, 08:19

Christophe wrote:Ok I think the same as you, so will work on this in the next few days :)
ps: for the skins, there is another term: layout, template ... in french it would give "Canvas" I did not find better ...

Yes sorry, I am getting a little old and all these new words coming from Anglicism annoy me a little. So I think we should not want to translate word for word necessarily. We could simply speak of a new "skin", a new "grind", a new presentation or even more simply a new "layout". It's longer and probably less "trendy" but at least we know what that means. Because the problem with anglicisms is that the same word often means different things. Computers and the Internet are already not easy for everyone, so by adding anglicisms everywhere, it does not make things easier.
Well, I couldn't RESIST alone ... : Cry:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 26/08/07, 12:30

Courage, you are not alone:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/07, 18:44

Here after some small adjustments I was able to activate the new canvas, see rather: https://www.econologie.com/

I could only test this new look with Firefox / mozilla and IE.

If you see a bug or something that bothers you or something else (?), Please specify it here :)

We could soften the "flashy" blue of the side box titles a bit, right?
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 29/08/07, 20:04

Hello

very pretty but trying to get back on the forum the 2 keys of my mouse became inactive. Hazard or bug ????????

Lack may be pin-up in the corners : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/07, 20:51

zac wrote:Hello

very pretty but trying to get back on the forum the 2 keys of my mouse became inactive. Hazard or bug ????????

Uh what relation between your mouse and the look ?? I vote for the unfortunate coincidence ...

zac wrote:Lack may be pin-up in the corners : Lol:

@+

Like that?

I'm afraid it won't fit (slightly)
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 30/08/07, 08:18

I find it very well the blue "flashi".
You have to know if you want to attract attention or not. Good otherwise, okay with zac for the pin up but it may not be in the same genre !!
0 x